1st run Auto flower outgrew my 2x2x4 tent

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

This is my 1st ever run it's GG4 auto she on day 71 since sprouting and I'm pleasantly surprised that it outgrew my 2x2x4 tent I had to get a 3x3x6 tent and she seems extremely happy in it but the tent is just to large for my space so my question is on my next run I'm planning on doing Northern lights auto so is there any way to keep it compact so I'm able to ensure that it doesn't outgrow the 2x2x4 tent again? I'm only growing for personal use so I don't need huge yields

1st run auto flower outgrew my 2x2x4 tent
1st run auto flower outgrew my 2x2x4 tent 2
SpursGrower

SpursGrower

This is my 1st ever run it's GG4 auto she on day 71 since sprouting and I'm pleasantly surprised that it outgrew my 2x2x4 tent I had to get a 3x3x6 tent and she seems extremely happy in it but the tent is just to large for my space so my question is on my next run I'm planning on doing Northern lights auto so is there any way to keep it compact so I'm able to ensure that it doesn't outgrow the 2x2x4 tent again? I'm only growing for personal use so I don't need huge yields
Wow, she’s an absolute unit!

Not sure and I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong but she looks a bit like she’s wanting more light?? Which may have made her a bit long and leggy.

I’ve done a few autos now and not had one that size. Can’t see from the pics but what size pot are you using?

I’ve done LST on all mine so far and they’ve all stayed relatively short and bushy.

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Not sure and I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong but she looks a bit like she’s wanting more light?? Which may have made her a bit long and leggy.

I’ve done a few autos now and not had one that size. Can’t see from the pics but what size pot are you using?

I’ve done LST on all mine so far and they’ve all stayed relatively short and bushy.
3 gallon pot with fox farm happy frog and ocean forest mix I added the light around the side when I moved her to the bigger tent cause I was tood the spiderfarmer sf1000 I'm using doesn't put out enough light for the bigger space so it maybe lacking a little light now but she has only been in the bigger tent for a couple of weeks

T

thatcoffeewater

Agreed, looking leggy.

SpursGrower

SpursGrower

3 gallon pot with fox farm happy frog and ocean forest mix I added the light around the side when I moved her to the bigger tent cause I was tood the spiderfarmer sf1000 I'm using doesn't put out enough light for the bigger space so it maybe lacking a little light now but she has only been in the bigger tent for a couple of weeks
Ok, the 100watt should be fine for the 2x2 so it’s either the distance it’s been at or maybe it’s just the strain and that’s how it grows.

Definitely try low stress training on your next grow. It aims to keep all main stems at roughly the same height.
IMG 0976

IMG 1034

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
is there any way to keep it compact so I'm able to ensure that it doesn't outgrow the 2x2x4 tent again?
It would be difficult. After subtracting the vertical space needed for the light and the pot, not much is left for the plant--maybe about 30 inches. That isn't much. Low-stress training would be the only way.

I was tood the spiderfarmer sf1000 I'm using doesn't put out enough light for the bigger space
I've grown plants with 100 watts. They grew okay.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So the temps and humidity outside have been very high the past week like 98-100 with high humidity bringing the feel like temps outside to around 105 - 110 and I have a dehumidifier and a heater in the tent going and i have the ac set to 67 in the house but I'm having a hard keeping the humidity down on the tent I have the temp in the tent set to 83 and I can't get the humidity below 63% so I can raise the temp more but not sure that's a good idea any suggestions? Here's a current reading of the conditions in the tent

Screenshot 20240623 130700
Top Bottom