Fox Farm Happy Frog Too Hot?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Im currently on my 2nd grow (ever) and ive learned from my mistakes in my last grow which tortured me with N Tox issues. Found out i used nutes too early after transplant into new soil (Soil in title). So I transplanted about 2-3 weeks ago from solo cups into 1.7 gal pots (using soil in title). I haven't used Nute at all yet but im getting signs of what i believe is N Tox. Does anyone else have this issue with this soil? Im probably going to DWC soon but i was just curious just incase i don't.. Anyone recommend a different soil? Pics added.

Im also under a 1000w MH current @ 75% because i ordered the wrong hood (non sealed)and it gets too hot @ 100%. First grow was under 8 Cree COBs. If that matters at all lol.
Fox farm happy frog too hot
Fox farm happy frog too hot 2
Fox farm happy frog too hot 3

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Im currently on my 2nd grow (ever) and ive learned from my mistakes in my last grow which tortured me with N Tox issues. Found out i used nutes too early after transplant into new soil (Soil in title). So I transplanted about 2-3 weeks ago from solo cups into 1.7 gal pots (using soil in title). I haven't used Nute at all yet but im getting signs of what i believe is N Tox. Does anyone else have this issue with this soil? Im probably going to DWC soon but i was just curious just incase i don't.. Anyone recommend a different soil? Pics added.

Im also under a 1000w MH current @ 75% because i ordered the wrong hood (non sealed)and it gets too hot @ 100%. First grow was under 8 Cree COBs. If that matters at all lol.
View attachment 766795 View attachment 766796 View attachment 766797
A lot of soils are hot in the beginning. ...just water them for a couple weeks to stabilize. I dont use veg nutes.... ill water and add dirt to the pots till im ready for flower... then nutes... this is super soil from ace hardware but a lot of its the same....rather hot

IMG 20171226 095049 835
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

So i may have misdiagnosed it.. I believe my light was too close to my canopy. Its a big hot light so i backed it up a few inches. My leaf surface temps were around 86-91 degrees. Heres what i walked in to today.

20171228 150638
20171228 150620
20171228 150551
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So i may have misdiagnosed it.. I believe my light was too close to my canopy. Its a big hot light so i backed it up a few inches. My leaf surface temps were around 86-91 degrees. Heres what i walked in to today.
that right there is dehydration,one them lazer guns to tell ya the temp is in order,,i dont know were or how anyone could come up with ocean forest or happy frog to hot,i put a fresh bean with tail straight in ocean forest and have for years,,take the back of your hand and leave it sit over canopy a few seconds if you feel the heat from the light,raise it a tad,till you have comfort,those ridged sarated leaves are a dead give away of to hot friend,with that 1k light you may need to back off on your ballast

Top Bottom