Humidity Settings for Flowering Stage?

O

Omaha101

This is my first grow.... When researching for humidity settings during flower I get various different answers. What are the best settings for flower during early & late stages? Thanks-

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
This is my first grow.... When researching for humidity settings during flower I get various different answers. What are the best settings for flower during early & late stages? Thanks-
It's important to think about both humidity and temperature. Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) charts usually show recommended temperatures and relative humidity (RH) for the life stage of cannabis plants. Generally, flowering plants do well with lower RH. One reason for lower RH is avoidance of mold in the buds. Another reason is transpiration increases when humidity is low, and that brings more moisture and nutrients to the upper part of the plant, especially the buds.

The chart below is what I used before I started using controllers that calculate the VPD. Just find the intersection of the temperature and RH and set your RH accordingly, keeping in mind that this is a guide, not a rule.

T

Tyrant

Not sure how everyone else approaches this bur I normally start into flower at about 60 and as time goes on slowly bringing it down to about 40. Just what I do anyway.

Docgrows

Docgrows

I set mine at 50 when I flip them, go to 45 after 3 weeks then 40 by 6 weeks. I have the means to control heat and humidity to the single digit. Just so your around 50 or a bit less you shouldn’t have any mold or rot .

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i usually prefer my RH to be below 50% past flowering stretch to prevent mold with some strains and/or phenotypes within a strain

few strain and/or some phenotypes within a strain will be fine even with 90% rh at night and some other will start to rot in the main colas with rh as low as 50%

O

Omaha101

I set mine at 50 when I flip them, go to 45 after 3 weeks then 40 by 6 weeks. I have the means to control heat and humidity to the single digit. Just so your around 50 or a bit less you shouldn’t have any mold or rot .
What kind of setup do you have to get to those kind of tolerances. How are you maintaining your temp primarily? What make and model of dehumidifier are you using? I would love to have that kind of control...

Docgrows

Docgrows

What kind of setup do you have to get to those kind of tolerances. How are you maintaining your temp primarily? What make and model of dehumidifier are you using? I would love to have that kind of control...
I’ll get the model number when I go back up there, but it’s a digital model . The settings on it aren’t dead nuts but I use a monitor to get the true readings and adjust accordingly. Then, there’s a 18,000 btu ac, humidifier, and small heater for cold times. Once you get everything in sync, it’s stupid simple on atmospheric conditions. A homemade carbon filter mounted inside barrel takes the hot air from the ac discharge and scrubs the smells from it, then vents outside. Another carbon filter on a 6 in inline fan handles air exchange and removes room smells.

IMG 5086
IMG 5085
O

Omaha101

I’ll get the model number when I go back up there, but it’s a digital model . The settings on it aren’t dead nuts but I use a monitor to get the true readings and adjust accordingly. Then, there’s a 18,000 btu ac, humidifier, and small heater for cold times. Once you get everything in sync, it’s stupid simple on atmospheric conditions. A homemade carbon filter mounted inside barrel takes the hot air from the ac discharge and scrubs the smells from it, then vents outside. Another carbon filter on a 6 in inline fan handles air exchange and removes room smells.
What kind/s of light are you running?

Top Bottom