Is this nitrogen deficiency or something else?

G

Gianphranko

Is this nitrogen deficiency?
The plant is an auto ultimate and only 3 leaves show symptoms, the plant overall looks good.

Is this nitrogen deficiency or something else
Is this nitrogen deficiency or something else 2
Is this nitrogen deficiency or something else 3
G

Gianphranko

I forgot to mention that the affected leaves are the lowest ones and the plant is approximately 4 weeks old.
The medium I am using is soil and growing indoor

G

Gianphranko

I did check those spots but they are not insects, but they could be damage by some pest. After checking other leaves I actually saw some tiny black insects that I suspect could be aphids

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Looks like normal dies back.
Those were from the spot that gets the least amount of airflow and light eh?

Normal.
Tho it would be good to see the over all plant to be sure…..

G

Gianphranko

After further inspection I can confirm it is some kind of pest. I saw white spots on top of the leaves and black tiny insects below the leaves.
Any suggestions for the treatment?
I sprayed a product called Sanium since I had it at hand. I also have neem oil and plant soap, maybe in the next days I will use them both.

IMG 1266
IMG 1265
IMG 1264
IMG 1263
IMG 1269
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
And dr zhymes for a root wash to kill things in medium.
These two things and a thorough cleaning of the grow space is def needed.

IMG 4392
E

ENKI

I have been having the same problem in my current grow. I have removed them by hand every time I spotted them; we are now fairly close to harvesting so I don't want to spray things on the plant. I think we'll get to the finish line :) Please keep us posted with treatment and results! I'd love to learn how to better deal with these little shits for my future grows. The products suggested by Captspaulding don't seem to be available in Europe :(

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have been having the same problem in my current grow. I have removed them by hand every time I spotted them; we are now fairly close to harvesting so I don't want to spray things on the plant. I think we'll get to the finish line :) Please keep us posted with treatment and results! I'd love to learn how to better deal with these little shits for my future grows. The products suggested by Captspaulding don't seem to be available in Europe :(

Ok attached is a detailed link to break down exactly what’s in the dead bug brew. You may just be able to make it. Spinosad, citric acid. Seems relatively easy to build it. it’s just ratios.

G

Gianphranko

Today I got a chance to talk with an agronomist and he suggested a product with abamectin. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abamectin
Since we have some products for our vineyard he indicated me one of them that would work, it is called Devox and I just applied it diluting 3ml in 1 liter of water.
It should do the work well.
I also cleaned throughly the growbox and I realized that the contamination was a plant of strawberries that I had earlier in the grow area.

G

Gianphranko

If you don’t want to spray any product since it could ruin the yield, I read that a solution could be using ladybugs.
I know it’s not something so easy to find but they are aphids and mites predators so you could give it a try.
Maybe you could find someone selling a box of them online

Top Bottom