Overwatered Plant Recovery!

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

okay so I need the farms help again! hahaha well I left my brother in charge of the girls for a few days and he did what I asked but I failed to remind him to remove run off from the catch trays.. so the plants sat in the runoff for 2 days and they're a drooping heavy. I had 2 girls in 3 gallon and another 15 in solo cups. the two are more apparent than the seedlings but I'm almost 100 percent it's over watering.

so now my question is anyone have good tips on how to fix the problem. I think the solo cups are just gonna get transplanted in fresh soil and should bounce back no problem.. a question that I do have though is when transplanting any of them into the new pots should I water in like I would a regular transplant day? also for the 2 in 3g smarties should I chip some of the soil and root ball away and transplant into 5s?
thanks in advance yall. I have fans blowing on them and just switched lights about a week ago to 1k mh so that should also.be aiding in drying out but I don't seem to see and improvements and it's now day 4 or 5 after the watering.

I think transplanting might be my only option cause the soil seems to be drying out very slowly but the plants are still in shock.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Let them dry out and continue as normal. Are the roots in the solo cups well developed? If so transplant as usual. The more you fiddle the more stress and issues will arise. Take a deep breath, and carry on. They will be fine.

bankcee

bankcee

I tried transplanting and putting them in fresh soil and they seem to gave gotten worse. the damn temps here in so cal are super cold right now and raining so they aren't drying out as fast as they need to? should I try throwing a small space heater in there like a desk top one or something..

I'm on the verge if canning them.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I tried transplanting and putting them in fresh soil and they seem to gave gotten worse. the damn temps here in so cal are super cold right now and raining so they aren't drying out as fast as they need to? should I try throwing a small space heater in there like a desk top one or something..

I'm on the verge if canning them.
Yes on the space heater. Also be patient sometimes it takes a week to bounce back

bankcee

bankcee

here's some pics I'm starting to think it might not be the watering. it's like 60s here in my city and its pulling in that air passively. could it solely be cold temps?

20161126 191651
20161126 191607
20161126 191530
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
They look hungry and ready for a new pot, the light green color isnt overwatering. The soil looks really dry except for the spot around the plant. It even looks cracked and pulled away from the sides...

bankcee

bankcee

They look hungry and ready for a new pot, the light green color isnt overwatering. The soil looks really dry except for the spot around the plant. It even looks cracked and pulled away from the sides...

they haven't had anything and I was kind shocked actually. they've had no defs or anything major. the lighter green just started with the droop like 5 or 6 days ago and it didn't seem like a nute def. but I have them in peat perlite bus blend compost and ewc all at equal parts.

bankcee

bankcee

they're cracked cause I just transplanted yesterday. and yeah I noticed when I took the pics so now I'm in a spot where I don't know what the fuck it is hahaha!

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Get them warm for a start. Cold root zone is cause for light green growth and purple stems is my guess. When I transplant I water a ring around the plant however big the canopy is. Then make the circle bigger till the plant is as wide as the pot. Only then do I start soaking it down with 20% runnoff

bankcee

bankcee

but should I not water anymore? should I put the heater and just let get bone dry? or should I put the heater and let them get some what dry and water and feed?

mango420

mango420

First, get your temps up to 70's minimum. When the seedlings dry out, water them. You should start to see the leaves stop curling and flatening out. As buddy said in the second post of this thread, you should not have transplanted the bigger ones, you just caused more stress.

bankcee

bankcee

I think these are all shot to shit got temps to 72 lights on and 66 lights off. medium is bone dry transplanted the smaller ones watered in with mykos and no change. I have no idea what it could be. I'm assuming temps stunted them.. because it was super cold before all this. roots look great though which is weird.

20161128 174317
20161128 174324
20161128 174317
20161128 174324

Top Bottom