Stem rot/mold

• Thread starter Augestwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Augestwest

Augestwest

So I have been dealing with this mold on the main stem of my shishkaberry.
Iv been spraying it with 1/3 part hydrogen peroxide with water and it seemed to help for a week but it's back now. Any suggestions would help. Anyone know what the cause would be from. I was thinking possibly over watering.

Stem rotmold
Stem rotmold 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cannot help you resolve this problem, unfortunately. I think it's getting too far gone and fungi are difficult to deal with. Also, I personally have never dealt with anything quite like that until very late in the season, so in other words she was pretty much ready to chop anyway. All that said, someone else may be able to help you with this one.

When you do the H2O2, don't dilute it at all.

Augestwest

Augestwest

Thanks guys I'll stop at my local indoor garden store and see if they have any potassium silicate. Should I remove it from the garden then so it doesn't risk spreading to my other plants

deacon1503

deacon1503

Thanks guys I'll stop at my local indoor garden store and see if they have any potassium silicate. Should I remove it from the garden then so it doesn't risk spreading to my other plants

Just keep an eye on it, if the problem area maintains or reduces in size, she'll most likely be ok. Hopefully the plant will push through.

Augestwest

Augestwest

Found out the mold
Is coming from the Inside out so I have to chop it off to stop it from spreading to other plants. I guess I'll use this as a learning expirence. Sucks but rather get some than non. Next season will be greenhouse and better air circulation

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

A small fan blowing across the base of your plant/top of medium helps.

Augestwest

Augestwest

Yea last years problems hopefully won't be this years problems. I am doing hoop house green houses this season and hopefully will help. Also doing raised beds as my plants were super root bound last season. Any advice on super soil????

Top Bottom