Thrips? Anyone Deal With These In Dwc?

L

Lando1

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, I think I have thirps.
I read that the damage and the black specs (feces) indicate thrips, which is what I am seeing.
I have not seen any adult thrips either.
Anyone else deal with these in DWC?
The picture is of a seedling, she is in a veg tent with 2 other plants. The other two don't look affected but I am guessing it's only a matter of time.

Thrips anyone deal with these in dwc
Thrips anyone deal with these in dwc 2
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
White flies . They leave a residue that looks just like that…..
Maybe,

L

Lando1

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
The underside of the leaves show no damage. The reason I think it's thrips is that my wife's plant had a few (2 months ago) of them before she took them outside for the summer.
Maybe I am being overly paranoid, but I would hate to deal with a pest again. I had spider mites around 5 years ago and it ruined the whole crop.

H

HeadHunterpipes

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
The underside of the leaves show no damage. The reason I think it's thrips is that my wife's plant had a few (2 months ago) of them before she took them outside for the summer.
Maybe I am being overly paranoid, but I would hate to deal with a pest again. I had spider mites around 5 years ago and it ruined the whole crop.
Under side of leaf don't care about damage... I was looking for insects to ID what insect you have so we know how to help you.

H

HeadHunterpipes

Personally I thought hydroponic growers get the same insects except fungus Gnats everyone else gets growing in Dirt/soil/compost.

L

Lando1

I haven't seen any insects, just the damaged leaves.
So! I put a yellow sticky trap and it caught something, it's tiny, I had to zoom in 30x (max of my phone) to capture the picture. It definitely looks like a bug.

20240628 164348
20240628 164341
20240628 164346
Top Bottom