Topped plant to low?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I was getting ready to top a plant and in the midst of it my dogs started barking and I missed!.. anything that could be done now?

Topped plant to low
Miked1988

Miked1988

Nothing wrong with that.
If you have foliage below your cut, you'll be fine.
Will I still have the main top cola or will nothing grow their because it was topped to low? Thanks for the info man I appreciate it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will I still have the main top cola or will nothing grow their because it was topped to low? Thanks for the info man I appreciate it
Nope no main cola and no more growth there. The apical dominance will be broken and the plant will now put the majority of energy into the remaining highest branches. This is one reason people top.

BigCube

BigCube

You will get 2 main colas now my friend.
In the future check in to lst, and scrog. These 2 methods give you multiple tops and dont slow the growth down as much.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nope no main cola and no more growth there. The apical dominance will be broken and the plant will now put the majority of energy into the remaining highest branches. This is one reason people top.
Now you'll have 2 main cola's, not as big as 1 would be but more volume. Not too sure exactly what you're getting at because you were topping, so you knew you'd be splitting the top. Cutting the top short just puts the chance of splitting the stem like I did (pic) but Its been fixed, lesson learned. All your lower growth now will start filling in. 4 months old Dec 1st Cherry Bomb topped too many times to remember & KC39 2 months old topped twice

Sept 25 CB split
Miked1988

Miked1988

What I’m concerned about it that I cut to low I don’t see any nodes at all just what’s left of the stem. I don’t have much experience when it comes to topping but when I have in the past I had a minimum of 3 nodes now I don’t see any that’s what I was nervous about

CB1E660B D574 4534 B113 4D00DD53416C
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What I’m concerned about it that I cut to low I don’t see any nodes at all just what’s left of the stem. I don’t have much experience when it comes to topping but when I have in the past I had a minimum of 3 nodes now I don’t see any that’s what I was nervous about
Pic in natural light from a side view.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You still have green growth, give it a week you'll see it recover. They're a weed and hard to kill unless you put your mind to it, then its eazy.

Miked1988

Miked1988

On another note I wonder what would happen it I got a razor and sliced a ( + ) or a two vertical lines like ( ll ) on the top since it’s gone now.. kind of to alter her some nodes.. i wonder if she could branch off differently.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I know stupid question but the things i try to think of that might alter the plant since I f***** up lol I take it it’ll probably have the same affect of losing a finger and hoping a couple more fingers grow back lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On another note I wonder what would happen it I got a razor and sliced a ( + ) or a two vertical lines like ( ll ) on the top since it’s gone now.. kind of to alter her some nodes.. i wonder if she could branch off differently.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I know stupid question but the things i try to think of that might alter the plant since I f***** up lol I take it it’ll probably have the same affect of losing a finger and hoping a couple more fingers grow back lol
Would just let it be. Stress is something you want to avoid if you don't need to. I can see a benefit to that. If I'm understanding you properly.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Would just let it be. Stress is something you want to avoid if you don't need to. I can see a benefit to that. If I'm understanding you properly.

Yeah your right man and with my luck I would probably stress her out and have her hermie on me and ruin my entire crop haha thanks though man hopefully there is hope for her in the future

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Itll be just fine, looks like you've got plenty of nodes to take over there. Youd be surprised how harshly you can hack at these plants and have them bounce back.

Top Bottom