Is this concerning first time grower 15
Is this concerning first time grower 16
Is this concerning first time grower 17
Is this concerning first time grower 18
Is this concerning first time grower 19
Is this concerning first time grower 20

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Hey guys, do you know what’s causing this? Is it concerning? Appears to be getting worse on one of my Runtz babies, starting to happen to my Lemon Amnesia babies, but others seem like no change in sour diesels, not worse not better. I’m only watering and I’ve fed calmag twice in their life and only a fraction of recommended dose.
Also, I’m folding some of the bigger leaves under the new growth to expose to light, I’m not using any training wire or string, it’s probably hard to see in photos but could you check out what I’ve done and tell me if it looks good?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I do have the lights turned up really high, they’re bloom plus bp3000 (300W) each hanging in a 4x8 32in above the top of plants. I wasn’t sure if at this point in early veg they need lots of light.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

2-4 weeks old

Only small amounts of cal mag and ph balancing (5.9-6.5)

Coco coir

Bloom plus bp3000 (300w) (32 in.) on high

72-81/F RH (45-55%)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
growing in coco..
mmm might need a coco grower to help out..
could be from your light being a bit close?..
won’t hurt to raise it a bit until a coco grower can chime in.,

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

growing in coco..
mmm might need a coco grower to help out..
could be from your light being a bit close?..
won’t hurt to raise it a bit until a coco grower can chime in.,
These are foxfarm , happy frog I think , some are coco (Runtz baby that looks sick rn 🙁) having similar issue? Maybe? Do you think it’ll get worse?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
These are foxfarm , happy frog I think , some are coco (Runtz baby that looks sick rn 🙁) having similar issue? Maybe? Do you think it’ll get worse? View attachment 1991536
you should be fine with the ones in soil as long as you don’t screw that one up haha just kidding, the one in coco could be a few things which i’ve never grown with coco so can’t really give advice on that one..
nothing looks drastic or worry some so just let them do their thing..

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

you should be fine with the ones in soil as long as you don’t screw that one up haha just kidding, the one in coco could be a few things which i’ve never grown with coco so can’t really give advice on that one..
nothing looks drastic or worry some so just let them do their thing..
Will do, thanks man.

Ponky

Ponky

LED lights are powerful. If they're growing fast I'd assume they'd need just a pinch more food. I prefer my plants of that structure to be darker green. (But phones don't accurately show me the color)

P

PopPop67

Hard to tell at this point. It's not all that bad yet but definitely keep a eye on it. My best guess would be the calmag. Why did you feed calmag was leaves looseing color. Plants that young should not need calmag. But if you do use .5ml per gallon of water would be best. More than .5ml could cause the tips to burn. It won't hurt in the long run but I would not give anymore calmac for now. Can you dial down the light a little no need for 100% yet.

LittleRoundTopFlowers

LittleRoundTopFlowers

Hey, just to clarify, are some of your babies in straight coco or mostly coco mixes? Cause in that case they definitely need CalMag regularly and you also probably wanna make a calmag spray at 3-4× the recommended dose. I know it sounds kinda wild, but I even use dowels to aerate and sprinkle Epsom and gypsum in the coco. I absolutely love growing in coco, but it's definitely a thirsty medium when it comes to calmag. I can share a link if you wanna learn about the cation reactions, I think they're called.

Fox Farm is pretty balanced nutrient wise though so if coco is only a small part of your mixes then disregard.

Happy Growing.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Hard to tell at this point. It's not all that bad yet but definitely keep a eye on it. My best guess would be the calmag. Why did you feed calmag was leaves looseing color. Plants that young should not need calmag. But if you do use .5ml per gallon of water would be best. More than .5ml could cause the tips to burn. It won't hurt in the long run but I would not give anymore calmac for now. Can you dial down the light a little no need for 100% yet.
I don’t know, the guy on youtube did so I did. I’ll chill on the calmag, I turned the lights down. Yesterday was the first day I really soaked the pots giving a first full watering in the 5 and 3 gals. Usually I put a 1/2 gallon or less per pot every 2 days or so, yesterday I put 1.5 in the 5 gals and little less than a gal in the 3 gals with the idea of letting them really dry and root up. They could look droopy cause of the excessive watering.

LittleRoundTopFlowers

LittleRoundTopFlowers

I should've started by saying-- the pics where your fan leaves are mishappen at the edges and have little bleached pin looking marks on the leaves look like cal mag deficiency to me. The slight clorosis on the others might be nitrogen deficiency... but that's kinda hard to imagine if they're in Fox Farm soil.

Good news is if it is calmag deficiency, it's early stages and easy to reverse without impacting your yield too badly.

Happy Growing.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Hey, just to clarify, are some of your babies in straight coco or mostly coco mixes? Cause in that case they definitely need CalMag regularly and you also probably wanna make a calmag spray at 3-4× the recommended dose. I know it sounds kinda wild, but I even use dowels to aerate and sprinkle Epsom and gypsum in the coco. I absolutely love growing in coco, but it's definitely a thirsty medium when it comes to calmag. I can share a link if you wanna learn about the cation reactions, I think they're called.

Fox Farm is pretty balanced nutrient wise though so if coco is only a small part of your mixes then disregard.

Happy Growing.
most are in straight bushdoctor coco loco

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I should've started by saying-- the pics where your fan leaves are mishappen at the edges and have little bleached pin looking marks on the leaves look like cal mag deficiency to me. The slight clorosis on the others might be nitrogen deficiency... but that's kinda hard to imagine if they're in Fox Farm soil.

Good news is if it is calmag deficiency, it's early stages and easy to reverse without impacting your yield too badly.

Happy Growing.
I just put calmag with the last feeding, so we’ll see how it reacts, thank you for the response, I’ll post an update in a day or so.

LittleRoundTopFlowers

LittleRoundTopFlowers

most are in straight bushdoctor coco loco
Yeah, then the curved and stippled leaves are most likely the calmag. Did you 24 hr buffer soak your coco in calmag. I feel like sometimes I still run into calmag issues even when I did that. Thats why I started adding epsom and gypsum to the coco straight up before I pot em now.

Good luck. They're gonna be fine. You got your eyes on em and they look hardy aside from the small issue.

Happy Growing

Top Bottom