Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

can anyone recommend a verified, non sweet skunk that i can procure? I miss them from back in the 90’s, also trying to grow out some of the older strains that i missed out on due to my 25 year abstinence 🤣

Not asking for RKS, just something to stink out my tent. If you’ve got a suggested or something willing to barter feel free to PM me. Cash or trade. Will send out my beans first and dont send until delivery. You older guys posting some of your work is inspiring.

I

Infusd

Man, that's some primo herb you're producing!
Right on! I've been growing for 20+ years and have been around this plant my whole life.

What's hilarious is we used to call the "kind bud" "skunk bud" "creeper" "crippy" "NL" "haze"- whatever it was...strain didnt matter, it was just primo.

Can't really tell by growing clones so here's some recent photos.

This is my strain The Berry (OG Kush x Old School Skunk (most likely a skunk#1 pheno). Bred in 2009. 15 yr old clone only. Genotype tested in 2017.

The more I started talking about skunk, the more I noticed it in my strain. It has a lemon pledge fuel smell from the OG, but it was very skunky from a distance this round. Up close it smells like a lemon pledge fuel.

In veg it looks nothing like the SS. Flowering this time (in aeroponics) brought out some crazy old school skunk vibes.

20240427 170034
20240427 170156
20240501 210824
20240501 224551
20240502 045117
20240411 183832
20240404 190911
20240504 151728
20240505 155943
20240505 160002
20240505 155926
20240427 191003
20240413 235510
I

Infusd

Picked up a couple more skunks! Would rather run clones, but the photos in this thread of the leaves look identical to what I remember.

'79 Heirloom Skunk
Southern Super Skunk ('79x'81 Heirloom Skunk)
Swamp Skunk 47 (Green Crack x '79 Heirloom Skunk) x AK-47 (freebie)

There's still the indica "Roadkill" Skunk but I've been looking everywhere and that one will take some real luck to find.

I'm ready to stink out the neighborhood 🦨💨

20240507 183501
I

Infusd

can anyone recommend a verified, non sweet skunk that i can procure? I miss them from back in the 90’s, also trying to grow out some of the older strains that i missed out on due to my 25 year abstinence 🤣

Not asking for RKS, just something to stink out my tent. If you’ve got a suggested or something willing to barter feel free to PM me. Cash or trade. Will send out my beans first and dont send until delivery. You older guys posting some of your work is inspiring.
Haven't verified any skunks yet but to me the '79/'81 seeds are prob the closest to the old skunks (from the photos anyways.) Will know once I run them for sure.

Verified stinkers that are pretty easy to find in clone:

Sour Diesel
Giesel
Chemdog
Chemdog D
Death Star
Blue Cheese or UK Cheese

Stokes

Stokes

Haven't verified any skunks yet but to me the '79/'81 seeds are prob the closest to the old skunks (from the photos anyways.) Will know once I run them for sure.

Verified stinkers that are pretty easy to find in clone:

Sour Diesel
Giesel
Chemdog
Chemdog D
Death Star
Blue Cheese or UK Cheese
Any chemdog in particular? I was looking at a few by CSI

I

Infusd

Any chemdog in particular? I was looking at a few by CSI
Chemdog D is supposed to be the raunchiest. Not sure how it is in seed form. Have heard good things about CSI but never ran any of their gear. Scope out whatever of theirs you want to run and check the reviews on it. I'd imagine a lot of their feminized seeds carry over most of the good traits.

Stokes

Stokes

Chemdog D is supposed to be the raunchiest. Not sure how it is in seed form. Have heard good things about CSI but never ran any of their gear. Scope out whatever of theirs you want to run and check the reviews on it. I'd imagine a lot of their feminized seeds carry over most of the good traits.

I appreciate your help. Gonna order tomorrow. I cant decide which to order, the Chemdog D as you mentioned or the Chemdog 91.

I

Infusd

I appreciate your help. Gonna order tomorrow. I cant decide which to order, the Chemdog D as you mentioned or the Chemdog 91.
I'd say you can't really go wrong with either of those. They're both classics. Not sure how much the seeds differ from the original clone, but they are probably close.

I

Infusd

Haven't started a new thread yet so here's a quick update:

Transplanted both of the Super Skunks into 5 gal pots. The bigger one was rootbound and needed some love. The small one is very healthy and starting to explode. They both smell identical. The leaves smell like catpiss/ammonia, but the stem rub smells like skunk.

Also was able to come across a "roadkill" skunk clone. This has been around for 40 years and is clone only. Not much in the smell department yet, (she traveled a few states to get here) but as I was cleaning her up and cutting off some leaves, the cut spots had an overwhelming nasty skunk smell. It's a deep, nauseating, funk, different than the SS. She's a mess so I'm chopping some clones from her and starting a new mother plant and running clones side by side with the SS.

Have these in quarantine right now and running my IPM. No signs of pests or diseases yet other than some gnats in the old soil. Will be getting them hplvd tested for peace of mind. Already went through infected clones wiping out a bunch of my classic genetics in the past, so I'm very cautious about bringing in anything new.

The quest continues...

20240508 220128
20240508 220141
20240508 220201
H

hawkman

Picked up a couple more skunks! Would rather run clones, but the photos in this thread of the leaves look identical to what I remember.

'79 Heirloom Skunk
Southern Super Skunk ('79x'81 Heirloom Skunk)
Swamp Skunk 47 (Green Crack x '79 Heirloom Skunk) x AK-47 (freebie)

There's still the indica "Roadkill" Skunk but I've been looking everywhere and that one will take some real luck to find.

I'm ready to stink out the neighborhood 🦨💨
Kasta has 79 Florida Skunk and also 80 Florida Skunk - Got recently 79 florida skunk x 80 Florida Skunk from Kasta ) he - KASTA - seems to have some good genetics _ Thoughts what about this one _ GG#4 x Road Kill Skunk from Skunk House (fems)

I

Infusd

I believe Katsu & SSSC are the same seeds just different packaging. Those seem to be the newest hype of the real skunk. Have yet to see any finished flower reviews from them so they could be legit or just another fail in the search for the skunk. Going to run them and see what happens.

I've never ran anything from Skunk House so I can't comment on that. If they did have the real "roadkill" skunk everybody would probably know by now. Also, I'm skeptical of anybody that uses the name roadkill skunk to sell seeds. All of the other companies with roadkill skunk seeds have been bunk and not real skunk. Just my $.02.

M

mono414

I believe Katsu & SSSC are the same seeds just different packaging. Those seem to be the newest hype of the real skunk. Have yet to see any finished flower reviews from them so they could be legit or just another fail in the search for the skunk. Going to run them and see what happens.

I've never ran anything from Skunk House so I can't comment on that. If they did have the real "roadkill" skunk everybody would probably know by now. Also, I'm skeptical of anybody that uses the name roadkill skunk to sell seeds. All of the other companies with roadkill skunk seeds have been bunk and not real skunk. Just my $.02.
Katsu's seeds and SSSC are not the same S1s in different packaging. I have '81 Katsu which are being grown currently. Katsu made his own S1s off of the clone. The BIG question is (and I have studied this particular situation): With recent reviews of the SSSC clones as bunk on Strainly, is it possible Katsu has the real ones from maybe a few years ago and SSSC f'd theirs' up or are so disorganized that they mixed up clones?

I

Infusd

Katsu's seeds and SSSC are not the same S1s in different packaging. I have '81 Katsu which are being grown currently. Katsu made his own S1s off of the clone. The BIG question is (and I have studied this particular situation): With recent reviews of the SSSC clones as bunk on Strainly, is it possible Katsu has the real ones from maybe a few years ago and SSSC f'd theirs' up or are so disorganized that they mixed up clones?
Ah gotcha, thought that was a collab but I could be mistaken.

So I just checked the SSSC reviews on strainly, and they have 98% positive reviews with only 1 negative review about the '79 heirloom clone. No negatives on the '79/'81 seeds either. Haven't found any other reviews on either seeds yet actually. Doesn't seem like much to go by, especially if it's out there already and Katsu claimed it was real. This is how the legends always get murky haha.

Here's my stoner thoughts on that. If the "real" ones from the actual breeder aren't real, then would that same breeder give out the "real" clone to another breeder, or anyone? What if the one Katsu got was actually an s1 of the real clone? If they fleeced one person, they would fleece everybody (right?). Or SSSC mixed them up (on purpose or not.) I just find it hard to believe that the breeder themselves wouldn't put out the closest thing to real, before another seed company, but there's many scenarios where this is totally possible.

I can't say for certain either one is real. I hope they both are legit. I only spent $100 on 3 packs (30 seeds) from SSSC. If they're bunk, then ah well. I'll be pissed and will leave negative reviews. To me they're just backups anyways and a fun little side project. 2 separate breeders both claim that those genetics are legit though, so only time will tell. Would be cool to run the Katsu & SSSC side by side.

M

mono414

Ah gotcha, thought that was a collab but I could be mistaken.

So I just checked the SSSC reviews on strainly, and they have 98% positive reviews with only 1 negative review about the '79 heirloom clone. No negatives on the '79/'81 seeds either. Haven't found any other reviews on either seeds yet actually. Doesn't seem like much to go by, especially if it's out there already and Katsu claimed it was real. This is how the legends always get murky haha.

Here's my stoner thoughts on that. If the "real" ones from the actual breeder aren't real, then would that same breeder give out the "real" clone to another breeder, or anyone? What if the one Katsu got was actually an s1 of the real clone? If they fleeced one person, they would fleece everybody (right?). Or SSSC mixed them up (on purpose or not.) I just find it hard to believe that the breeder themselves wouldn't put out the closest thing to real, before another seed company, but there's many scenarios where this is totally possible.

I can't say for certain either one is real. I hope they both are legit. I only spent $100 on 3 packs (30 seeds) from SSSC. If they're bunk, then ah well. I'll be pissed and will leave negative reviews. To me they're just backups anyways and a fun little side project. 2 separate breeders both claim that those genetics are legit though, so only time will tell. Would be cool to run the Katsu & SSSC side by side.
I used to trade bonds and have a serious bullshit detector.
SSSC is, for the most part, fos.
That doesn't mean Katsu didn't get legit skunk clones from them.
The proof will be in the pudding, but there is a reason Katsu's 79 sold out in minutes and SSSC still has a seemingly endless supply.
I've also followed all those reviews - after the '79 clone review (which was $400 btw, more reason to give these clowns any benefit of the doubt) a bunch of total bs positive reviews showed up instantly.
Not too tough to make the call. I bought a pack of the crosses from them but don't want to waste my time.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I got these a while back. Actually, I got a couple packs of them free, because they screwed up my order. I had ordered 2 packs of the S1-79, and they sent me 2 packs of the Southern Super Skunk, and a pack of Fowl Egg. Swamp Skunk. I told them, and they told me to keep those, and they would resend me the correct order. I made out like a bandit on that, if theyre any good.
I then ordered 1 pack of Katsu 81 Skunk. And got 3 free 79 x 81 S1s.

I also usually dont buy fem seeds, but did for these, and El Jefe Gardens has some Puck/Skelly Hashplant S1s, and I bought 14 of them. Ive never seen the Skelly/Puck for sale as far as S1s, or Clones.

The Square plastic container contain the Puck S1s.

Top Bottom