Rough start, 2 weeks seedlings deficiencies?

• Thread starter kenster42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kenster42

Been on almost a year long break from growing. I sprouted these girls 2 weeks ago. Started off bad by over watering a week ago an letting them dry out now. Only 2 seemed to get that droopy look bad. But I recycled some old soil this time and didn't pay attention. Should've just went in to fresh soil. But it's definitely some old flowering soil. I have purple stems on some and weird yellow spots I haven't ran into this early. Not sure if I should feed nitrogen/cal/mag or let it run just watering. I added a little insect frass a few days ago. Any thoughts?

Rough start 2 weeks seedlings deficiencies
Rough start 2 weeks seedlings deficiencies 2
Rough start 2 weeks seedlings deficiencies 3
Rough start 2 weeks seedlings deficiencies 4
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I believe that the large blotches on the leaves are light stress related. What light are you using? Power setting and distance above plant tops.

What soil did you plant in? Was it old Ocean Forest?

What about PH?
These plants are very young to be running into deficiency issues. Do you have a PH pen setup. If so please Let me know what
PH your water is running.

As you are using Frass. I am wondering about adequate microbial activity in the medium. You may need to mix up a batch of Labs to kick things off, or a small batch of local microbes as seen bellow.

J

jimmymac25

I did the same thing, thinking I could add some N later. My plants have been struggling in this washed up soil. I moved two plants into some fresh soil and they recovered instantly! I'm off to the store after trying to save this garbage dirt.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
pretty sure a phosphorus deficiency,.
what you got their for nutrients?
the old flowering soil? what was that?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
pretty sure a phosphorus deficiency,.
what you got their for nutrients?
the old flowering soil? what was that?
I understand saving money but for a $40 bale of promix is it worth the potential struggle, not for me, I know tons of folks do it, I just know it’d take me down halfway through the grow lol.

I agree that looks like a phosphorous def, think it could be a lockout due to too many other trace leftovers from the previous grow? Just spitballin here lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I understand saving money but for a $40 bale of promix is it worth the potential struggle, not for me, I know tons of folks do it, I just know it’d take me down halfway through the grow lol.

I agree that looks like a phosphorous def, think it could be a lockout due to too many other trace leftovers from the previous grow? Just spitballin here lol
well flowering soil with flowering plants that eat up most/all of the pk and maybe while watering getting run off weakening it greatly,.
but is he feeding or not?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I worked on the soil-reuse problem during the grow I'm finishing this month. Based on my observations, I agree that it's important to amend P & K to used soil.

Top Bottom