Seedling issues - Leaf curling up?

• Thread starter Cocoa2792
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cocoa2792

Any idea why the leaf of the seedling is curling up?
It's only that one leaf...

It's been 16 days since it sprouted.
It's a photoperiod.

Conditions:
Temperature 22 - 26c
Humidity 65 - 80%
Organic living soil grow.

Has had it's humidity dome since sprouting.

Bottom watering every 2-3 days about 10-20 ml

Seedling issues   leaf curling up
P

Phyto

Looks too wet to me. Humidity domes are best for rooting clones, in seedlings they can contribute to “damping off”. I’d lose the dome and let it dry back before watering again. The roots are suffocating, and as a result they are having trouble absorbing nutes. It’s not just one leaf, you’ve got some significant yellowing of other leaves. Don’t let the cup sit in water, make sure it can drain.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Everything Phyto and LoveGrowingit said.
Colour wise, I'd also suggest the lights may just be a little close.
What light are you using? How far above the seedling tops?

C

Cocoa2792

Looks too wet to me. Humidity domes are best for rooting clones, in seedlings they can contribute to “damping off”. I’d lose the dome and let it dry back before watering again. The roots are suffocating, and as a result they are having trouble absorbing nutes. It’s not just one leaf, you’ve got some significant yellowing of other leaves. Don’t let the cup sit in water, make sure it can drain.
Thanks for the reply.

I've removed the humidity dome and transplanted into a larger pot. I've made sure to cut holes at the bottom of the cup and double cupped it to remove any excess run off water.

C

Cocoa2792

Yep. It's too wet, so let it dry before watering again.
Thanks, I've now made sure to leave a gap between the waterings! I still don't know how long to leave between the waterings and how dry should the soil become? I'm growing in a organic living soil medium, and I've often seen people recommend sponge like wetness consistency?

C

Cocoa2792

Everything Phyto and LoveGrowingit said.
Colour wise, I'd also suggest the lights may just be a little close.
What light are you using? How far above the seedling tops?
I'm using a 3x 240w quantumn boards in a 5x5, made sure to spread them out to reach wall to wall. The light is roughly 60cm+ away from the solo cups and on the pffd app it roughly reads 300 pffd and 20 DLI.

C

Cocoa2792

Thanks for the replies guy! It seems like she's grown a little bit since last week!

The strain above i'm growing is Zkittlez 2.0 from silent seeds.

I've been consistently watering the pots where this seedling will go in which is a 30g pot every week with a gallon of water.

The conditions of the tent is as follows:
25c-26c
68-75% RH
200mm inline exhaust fan on the lowest settings
2 6inch fans

From yesterday to today... I've seen a mushroom sprout in the 30g pot, is this a good thing or bad thing.
I innoculated the 30g pot with mycorrhizae two weeks ago in preperation for transplant when this plant is more estabilished in the vegetative stage.

Update zkittlez
Mushroom
P

Phyto

Thanks for the replies guy! It seems like she's grown a little bit since last week!

The strain above i'm growing is Zkittlez 2.0 from silent seeds.

I've been consistently watering the pots where this seedling will go in which is a 30g pot every week with a gallon of water.

The conditions of the tent is as follows:
25c-26c
68-75% RH
200mm inline exhaust fan on the lowest settings
2 6inch fans

From yesterday to today... I've seen a mushroom sprout in the 30g pot, is this a good thing or bad thing.
I innoculated the 30g pot with mycorrhizae two weeks ago in preperation for transplant when this plant is more estabilished in the vegetative stage.
The mushroom is a good thing. You have a nice rich active soil, the watering must be correct since mycelium will die if it’s too wet. In my.current grow I had about 20. mushrooms growing out the bottom of the grow bag.

C

Cocoa2792

The mushroom is a good thing. You have a nice rich active soil, the watering must be correct since mycelium will die if it’s too wet. In my.current grow I had about 20. mushrooms growing out the bottom of the grow bag.
Thank goodness, watering the pots have been so confusing for me... Especially with the quantumn board which seems to dry out the mulch/top layer of the soil.

Well, I've been using fabric pots and I usually touch the bottom near the edge to see when it's dry to water again. I'd try and lift the pot to see if there's any mushrooms growing directly underneath but 30g is no joke! I was thinking of adding some more mycorrhizae but I don't think I have to now.

Any ideas on why the seedling is growing so slow? Could it be due to aged seeds? It sprouted 25th of April...

P

Phyto

Thank goodness, watering the pots have been so confusing for me... Especially with the quantumn board which seems to dry out the mulch/top layer of the soil.

Well, I've been using fabric pots and I usually touch the bottom near the edge to see when it's dry to water again. I'd try and lift the pot to see if there's any mushrooms growing directly underneath but 30g is no joke! I was thinking of adding some more mycorrhizae but I don't think I have to now.

Any ideas on why the seedling is growing so slow? Could it be due to aged seeds? It sprouted 25th of April...
I think the roots were suffocating from too much water, and that set them back, once the roots recover, they should start growing much more rapidly. Usually older seeds have a lower germination rate, but once a seed sprouts, the age of the seed really doesn’t matter.

Docgrows

Docgrows

☝️☝️☝️☝️

Docgrows

Docgrows

Thanks, I've now made sure to leave a gap between the waterings! I still don't know how long to leave between the waterings and how dry should the soil become? I'm growing in an organic living soil medium, and I've often seen people recommend sponge like wetness consistency?
@Cocoa2792 fill a same size cup with dry grow media, lift cup and feel the weight, your plant should feel like that before you water if in soil or Promix type medium. Water fully but not again until it feels light and dry again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom