Socks' garden pic dump thread

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

The same day I was given the super skunk clone I was given a cutting from my buddies cherry pie plant which has rooted and I'm in the process of hardening it off.

So as long as I don't accidentally kill the cherry pie cutting between now and putting it in soil that Wil mean I'll be growing runtz, 2 different Afghan kush plants, mass super skunk, cherry pie, Durban butter, and Betty page this year. I didn't start any of the deep purple plants this year.

I think I'll be trying to keep the cherry pie, runtz, mass super skunk. Durban butter and the Betty page plants going through the winter this time and not clone the afghans anymore, I still have some of those seeds anyways incase I want to grow it again in the future. They were good plants to help me practice cloning this winter but the bud is quite fluffy definitely could be better so I'm gonna focus on the nicer strains.

socks4free

socks4free

Got the last hole dug today and filled with good soil. I'll be starting to put plants in the ground in the next couple days, I had been bringing my plants out during the day then bringing back in at night but I have left them.out the last couple nights(low 50s for night time lows).

A couple months ago my parents got drunk and one of them fell on my plants splitting one of the plants that was being used as a mother at the first node I topped it so since I'm letting the mothers finish and.will be putting them in the ground I am considering burying that one plant that was damaged so the soil is above the snapped node to avoid there being any issues during storms.

I used some super glue on the split and wrapped some tape around it but ill remove the tape if I bury it that deep. Is there any reason I shouldn't bury the stem that deep?

IMG 20240520 182710
IMG 20240520 182814
IMG 20240520 182715
IMG 20240520 182729
socks4free

socks4free

Good question! Never thought about burying A hard old girl that deep!
Well I guess we gonna find out how it goes. I have other clones off that plant going anyways Incase it does end up dying for whatever reason it won't be the end of the world and if I don't bury it I have a feeling I'll lose atleast half of it during a storm anyways.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I just took a quick look around and really couldn’t find much on it. But what I did said once the stem gets hard and woody it probably won’t start popping roots. A pretty good chance it will just rot. As usual, only one way to find out, I guess! Good luck

socks4free

socks4free

I just took a quick look around and really couldn’t find much on it. But what I did said once the stem gets hard and woody it probably won’t start popping roots. A pretty good chance it will just rot. As usual, only one way to find out, I guess! Good luck
Yeah that's about what I was able to find on it too, yeah gonna have to just give it a shot and hope for the best.

socks4free

socks4free

Ugh so I went out to get the hole ready to put this old girl in it but it isn't quite deep enough needs a few more inches.

Well I start digging only to find massive rocks on either side of the hole and ended up spending 45+ mins trying to dig out this pumpkin sized rock.

I finally got it out and put the plant back in the hole only now it's too deep lol but that's easy to fix so I'll be plopping this girl in her new home around dusk!

I'm thinking if she doesn't get stem rot and I am able to finish her I'll have to dig the roots up when I harvest so I can see if she threw any roots from the stem area im covering.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I like your DIY fence : ) I have a thing for homemade repurposed stuff!

I’m also curious about the stock being buried like you’re going to do. 👍

socks4free

socks4free

I like your DIY fence : ) I have a thing for homemade repurposed stuff!

I’m also curious about the stock being buried like you’re going to do. 👍
Thank you! Haha had to find some way to keep the dogs and hopefully wild animals out so you see what I found laying around the house a couple years ago and I've been using it every year since.

I'll definitely be updating the thread with how it goes either way so we shall see how it goes.

socks4free

socks4free

She's buried but I ended up splitting another branch in the process. 🤦‍♂️ When I went to pull her out of.the hole so I could remove her pot the branch got caught in that fence on the way up.i covered the wound and finished burying her.

IMG 20240521 160227
IMG 20240521 160212
IMG 20240521 155032
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Fucking gorilla!😂 And that makes two of us!😁 Looks good. We will see if it pans out!

socks4free

socks4free

The cherry pie cutting I was given has rooted and is in soil now! Its a good thing I spent all winter teaching myself how to clone otherwise I'd have probably killed her.

I'm super excited to have all these new strains to grow this season.

IMG 20240522 081938
socks4free

socks4free

I think I will be putting at least one more if not two more of my plants in the ground today. The two bigger plants need to be transplanted out of the 3 gallon pots I have them in now so I'll just put them in the ground now.

socks4free

socks4free

Got the two plants in the ground. Was a real pain in the ass getting them out of these 3 gallon fabric pots. Having been in there for months the roots were thick and growing into the fabric. Had to slowly peel it back inch by inch.

IMG 20240522 143208
IMG 20240522 143204
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I do it all the time! Out of 5 gallon pots or larger into 35 and 40. I just run a long, bladed knife around the outside of the pot, Reach in and under with two hands and pull until you hear the taproot snap like a piece of 2 pound mono! Then you know you’re there!😂🐒

Stokes

Stokes

Cherry Pie is an amazing strain, not sure if youve grown it before but keep a close eye on it, they’re genetically predisposed to hermie. I’ll pull up a chair for this one, hope she delivers for you. The GDP can really show up in big way and it makes for quite a beautiful plant

Stokes

Stokes

Cherry Pie is an amazing strain, not sure if youve grown it before but keep a close eye on it, they’re genetically predisposed to hermie. I’ll pull up a chair for this one, hope she delivers for you. The GDP can really show up in big way and it makes for quite a beautiful plant
I think that is what Belushi grew in his second season! He couldn’t gush enough about it!

He got me interested in mango biche. I think thats how you spell it? 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom