Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me in hot humid greenhouses and the many fetigations daily (2-3 for now, 5x's on auto). I use the dreaded neem oil. Works on contact with the soft body insects and some of the hard. Won't hurt most predators if applied at dusk or later. Works on PM and fungus. Disapates quickly and washes off easily. It works for me😉 and just in case I do have concentrated bottles of spinosad and BT. Nuke 'em til they glow and shoot 'em in the dark🤬
I like neem, too, but I am picky about what kind I use. I use the Garden Safe brand Neem Oil Extract, which does not have azadirachtin in it like most neem oils do. This stuff actually works better and won't leave systemics in your plants.

However, I gotta say AgroMagen Grow Safe Bio-pesticide is where it's at. I highly recommend this to everyone. Won't burn your plants, safe for seedling/clone, through harvest. Works wonders.

oh and probably more importantly it's organic and made with a few simple ingredients. But I've been using it for years now, and so far, everyone I have recommended it to that has tried it, also had 100% success rates. Like 1 or 2 sprays will kill off the worst spider mite infestation. So I would imagine it would be just as effective on slugs/snails.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
P

Putthataway

So what do you all think???

Portable ac with uv-c air sterilization...
I bought this a few years ago. Does it cool yes it cools. Is it cool, hell no. First thing it made my house hvac on a separate thermostat run way too often and although my thermostat said it was 73 it was freezing. My tile was ice cold in other rooms. You can have different modes where it doubles as fan where that top vent opens when the ac is not in use (thermostat) which is cool. The thing is noisy when the air conditioning mode is on. A high pitched ringing noise can be heard in your house and by your neighbors. You have to exit your exhaust somewhere and you can certainly feel the heat exit the exhaust ducting. I ended up getting spider mites. They can just walk right through the ducting when it isn’t blowing and there’s visible gaps where the ducting that attaches. Small insects can easily pass through, you will also want a screen to keep rodents out. I paid about $100 less, I don’t believe mine had the heat function. I can tell you the thing gave me nightmares with the excessive noise and my house hvac over cooling and I returned it. With the increased cost of everything I should have kept it in the event of my house hvac failing for emergencies. It gets to 115 regularly all summer here. I would look into a split for your setup. You also have a rather large space for that to be trying to cool. I imagine it would be screaming constantly. It’s loud! My neighbor had something similar to that screaming I thought she had the same unit. It had the same ducting outside the window it would wake me up every morning. One day she asked me for help. I went to help her and it was actually a screen printer attached to a ac affinity fan for the exhaust, 🤣 she wanted help removing the printer’s fan that was making the screaming noise so that the ac affinity fan was the only. She had me ready to break things in this 7k machine. I asked her what were trying to do ? We unplugged the fan and removed it with 2 screws. I don’t get woken up everyday now. Ac affinity for the win.😂

Pilted

Pilted

IMG 20240505 141158245 HDR

IMG 20240505 141131412

Idk if I should keep pinching the top head ( or where to pinch it anymore) but it is doing some interesting things now 😂🤣😂🤣😂.

Good day everyone.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I like neem, too, but I am picky about what kind I use. I use the Garden Safe brand Neem Oil Extract, which does not have azadirachtin in it like most neem oils do. This stuff actually works better and won't leave systemics in your plants.

However, I gotta say AgroMagen Grow Safe Bio-pesticide is where it's at. I highly recommend this to everyone. Won't burn your plants, safe for seedling/clone, through harvest. Works wonders.

oh and probably more importantly it's organic and made with a few simple ingredients. But I've been using it for years now, and so far, everyone I have recommended it to that has tried it, also had 100% success rates. Like 1 or 2 sprays will kill off the worst spider mite infestation. So I would imagine it would be just as effective on slugs/snails.
This is what's I got
20240505 120315
20240505 120325

20240505 120334
20240505 120348
20240505 120356

Haven't used the Southern Ag or Growers Ally in a while. Haven't needed it with the neem. Bt is mainly for summer and fall when the cabbage moths flutter about and spinosad for any major aphid outbreak.

I've played with soap/oil mixes and don't find them reliable pest killers. I do grow hot peppers every year and haven't tried those as bug spray. Thought about but I don't really need it.

For winter growing there's a LOT of PM and inner plant rot and then aphids and spider mites. I could spray weekly but I've learned to let it run its course and spray once or twice a month. I'm only keeping moms and once cuts are rooted it's off to the composter but for serious growing season April through October it's no quarter for the invaders😉

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

This is what's I got
View attachment 2165006View attachment 2165007
View attachment 2165008View attachment 2165009View attachment 2165010
Haven't used the Southern Ag or Growers Ally in a while. Haven't needed it with the neem. Bt is mainly for summer and fall when the cabbage moths flutter about and spinosad for any major aphid outbreak.

I've played with soap/oil mixes and don't find them reliable pest killers. I do grow hot peppers every year and haven't tried those as bug spray. Thought about but I don't really need it.

For winter growing there's a LOT of PM and inner plant rot and then aphids and spider mites. I could spray weekly but I've learned to let it run its course and spray once or twice a month. I'm only keeping moms and once cuts are rooted it's off to the composter but for serious growing season April through October it's no quarter for the invaders😉
here’s mine,.,
no bullshitting around for me,..
IMG 2189

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I bought this a few years ago. Does it cool yes it cools. Is it cool, hell no. First thing it made my house hvac on a separate thermostat run way too often and although my thermostat said it was 73 it was freezing. My tile was ice cold in other rooms. You can have different modes where it doubles as fan where that top vent opens when the ac is not in use (thermostat) which is cool. The thing is noisy when the air conditioning mode is on. A high pitched ringing noise can be heard in your house and by your neighbors. You have to exit your exhaust somewhere and you can certainly feel the heat exit the exhaust ducting. I ended up getting spider mites. They can just walk right through the ducting when it isn’t blowing and there’s visible gaps where the ducting that attaches. Small insects can easily pass through, you will also want a screen to keep rodents out. I paid about $100 less, I don’t believe mine had the heat function. I can tell you the thing gave me nightmares with the excessive noise and my house hvac over cooling and I returned it. With the increased cost of everything I should have kept it in the event of my house hvac failing for emergencies. It gets to 115 regularly all summer here. I would look into a split for your setup. You also have a rather large space for that to be trying to cool. I imagine it would be screaming constantly. It’s loud! My neighbor had something similar to that screaming I thought she had the same unit. It had the same ducting outside the window it would wake me up every morning. One day she asked me for help. I went to help her and it was actually a screen printer attached to a ac affinity fan for the exhaust, 🤣 she wanted help removing the printer’s fan that was making the screaming noise so that the ac affinity fan was the only. She had me ready to break things in this 7k machine. I asked her what were trying to do ? We unplugged the fan and removed it with 2 screws. I don’t get woken up everyday now. Ac affinity for the win.😂
So I can already hear my inline fans thru the floor where they are in basement... noise I don't care about... as for the exhaust I had a smaller sized one that helped kind of.... I ran the exhaust up my basement and squeezed between window and screen keeping window shut ¾ way... stunk up side of house but I'm legal and don't care..

I DO LIKE THE UV-C ADDITION THO.... I was thinking either adding ac or adding co2... but housemates don't like the sound of co2 gas

Pilted

Pilted

I think something is eating your plant. There is another hole to the right on the leaf that appears to be consumed by a critter,
Naw I been pinching the top head shut every couple days, this is causing all the leaves to come out mangled and disfigured with holes and rips. There are no bugs on it. My goal was to do this instead of topping it, but the mangled top part seems to have multiple disfigured heads on it now, so it's kinda like I topped it anyways.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

So I can already hear my inline fans thru the floor where they are in basement... noise I don't care about... as for the exhaust I had a smaller sized one that helped kind of.... I ran the exhaust up my basement and squeezed between window and screen keeping window shut ¾ way... stunk up side of house but I'm legal and don't care..

I DO LIKE THE UV-C ADDITION THO.... I was thinking either adding ac or adding co2... but housemates don't like the sound of co2 gas
What’s your temperature swing like in the heat of summer day/night

Top Bottom