Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BB22

BB22

Some seed starts, some clones ✌️
IMG 4563

leroygreen

leroygreen

Moved snapple gas and 👻 🚂 x 🍋 🍒 gelato into flower, moved clones over into veg tent. Clones are all 👻 🚂 x 🍋🍒 gelato available in Kalamazoo. Seed solos are lemon Thai, bigger plant on left is Eastside og and on right is white truffle. The 3 super cropped ones are random bag seed and the fat leaf indica is oreoz.

PXL 20240507 153542502
PXL 20240507 153115216
PXL 20240507 153122468
PXL 20240507 153126687
PXL 20240507 153101813
Rama777

Rama777

Interesting observation (to me anyways..) here. The plant on the right is a bonsai that was taken as a cutting indoors about 6 months ago. It’s been outside for a month and though the days are getting longer, pre-flowers are forming..

The plant on the left is a cutting FROM the bonsai and it is NOT showing flowers..

So bonsai growers beware, they can start flowering outside even before the summer solstice..

CE43D316 5146 412B BF3B A52C52AE8C55

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Interesting observation (to me anyways..) here. The plant on the right is a bonsai that was taken as a cutting indoors about 6 months ago. It’s been outside for a month and though the days are getting longer, pre-flowers are forming..

The plant on the left is a cutting FROM the bonsai and it is NOT showing flowers..

So bonsai growers beware, they can start flowering outside even before the summer solstice..

View attachment 2166514
Add a small light 💡 just to keep them in veg. Don’t need to many watts.

Rama777

Rama777

Just a little cfl would suffice though. Now if you had a hps out there lol 😂 total understand though local laws can be a bitch.
I’ll give that a shot and see how it looks, thanks!

For all of my plants in veg outside, aside from the mature bonsai, will they stay in veg at least until the solstice?

I know it’s risky with pests but a lot of them are slated to be moved indoors. I’m doing weekly preventative sprays at least..

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It’s the summer outdoor stock. Getting close to the end of a 7 month process. Planted reg beans in Nov cloned in Jan /Feb, and did a bloom cycle. So I can guarantee all females placed outside for the summer production grow. They’ll veg between June and then start the bloom cycle mid July for the late august mid September harvest. Yearly cycles keep me in smoke.

IMG 0803
D

DougV

Newborns. Changing diapers for 54 newborns was tough. Naturally they woke up at different times and my wife was no help.
20240306 081753

But we made it through. (Only 4 are mine, I'm the local seed starter.) They turned into cute toddlers.

20240316 091036

First day of school:
20240409 180028

Breaking out of their shell now, hangint at the beach for spring break:
20240404 090955

Before and after their 1st Spa day:
20240502 093513
20240502 093537

(Netting is for wind protection, I got killed last year. Trimming is an experiment. I plan to max out each plant to 16-24 kolas. I don't need tons of production and I want fewer and larger buds.)

Rama777

Rama777

I’ve never thought so freaking hard about watering a plant in a pot until I started growing pot..

I pulled this up to see what the soil looked like, getting a feel for the weight of these pots. The top inch is bone ass dry. There’s just some hints of moisture on the periphery. I’m sure there would be no problem watering this. But in a perfect world of perfection, is it truly time?

B58D6047 264A 4AD5 B9E5 0CE050114F6D

Galgrows

Galgrows

Here's my outdoor clones vegging away and getting the feel for outdoors. I have 2 slurricanes and 3 blueberry muffins and 1 WW x PK. This is their first day in the sunshine it's finally warm enough to sit outside. Great weather headed our way in the PNW but i'll be bringing them indoors at sun down cause temps are still abit cold. By friday i'll leave them in my hippie greenhouse. It's gotta be getting to over 14hrs sun by now, i hate it when they reveg you loose months in growth i outta know it's happened to me. 😭 anyhoo i'm smoking the mothers of these now my new favs.

IMG 20240508 103412004 HDR
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

I’ve never thought so freaking hard about watering a plant in a pot until I started growing pot..

I pulled this up to see what the soil looked like, getting a feel for the weight of these pots. The top inch is bone ass dry. There’s just some hints of moisture on the periphery. I’m sure there would be no problem watering this. But in a perfect world of perfection, is it truly time?

View attachment 2167225
I’ve also been concentrating on my water methods as well lately and I am still following what the plant leaves tell me. My current plants are starting week 2 flowing in 5gal fabric pots takes about 4 days to notice leaf drooping so I water 1/2 - 1gal per plant on the 3 day to avoid leaf drooping. For the feeding day, I usually water 1 gal per plant then 1/2-3/4 gal per plant the next 3rd day or so. The grow room environment, what stage the plants are in and genetics play big rolls on how much to water and when to water. I feel when I see a drooping leave due to under watering, the plant is missing out on vital nutrient and water uptake and therefore not as productive as it could be…I my opinion. If your leaves are not drooping, you probably can go another day or so. Just subtract one day if you start to notice leaves droop and that should set somewhat of a schedule which is different for early veg, late veg, flower and late flower.

The new hlg scorpion light I got plus co2 enriched room has really made the plants more thirsty and hungry for nutrients so I’m adjusting to their needs. My old hlg 650r light did not require as much watering for the plants in the same environment with co2 around the same ppfd levels. I believe the new light is making the plants thrive more efficiently for around the same wattage as the old light and actually running a few degrees cooler as well.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Nice vibes in that tent, dude!
Haha yea my tent is going nuts! Way too full like last time, seems like I get the same problem everytime.
Next run I'm planning 4 plants in there 1 auto, 3 photo. Auto shall finished first before I flip.
Hope it will end up better than this time, if not who cares 😝
Some days old but it looks like that right now, 4 plants, different ages and sizes..2 will be in shadow when my girl's stretching. Gorilla skittlez will be chopped in a few days.
IMG 20240507 220018 01

Choppr

Choppr

Here's my outdoor clones vegging away and getting the feel for outdoors. I have 2 slurricanes and 3 blueberry muffins and 1 WW x PK. This is their first day in the sunshine it's finally warm enough to sit outside. Great weather headed our way in the PNW but i'll be bringing them indoors at sun down cause temps are still abit cold. By friday i'll leave them in my hippie greenhouse. It's gotta be getting to over 14hrs sun by now, i hate it when they reveg you loose months in growth i outta know it's happened to me. 😭 anyhoo i'm smoking the mothers of these now my new favs.
Its funny, I seen your post and said "hey! thats what Im growin"! lol - I just finished a cross of Sugarcane x Sundae Driver (a Slurricane Cross, currently drying) (they are a favorite from a cross I did a few years ago - I still have over 3ooo seeds!) and currently running 2 Blueberry Muffins and 1 Orange Creampop (Humboldt Seed Co) seems we have the same good taste! Right On! post some picks of your Blueberry Muffins in late flower if you think of it, Id be interested to see them grown outdoor...
(pics of my Sugarcane pre harvest, and the Vegging Humboldt Gear Left to right in the Back BBM, BBM, OCP) in the front are just some Grape Slurri Autos from for my "halfway Crop" while my Photoperiods finish..

*In-House Genetics did really great work on the Slurricane / Sugarcane lines... but I hate buying Seeds so I crossed with my other favorite Sundae Driver. And then Rocbud Inc did the Auto Grape Slurri .(also a slurricane cross) Ive grown her several times, shes a smaller Auto so I usually grow 2 or 3, I hate small autos but the buds are Purple Frost and the smell straight-up grape Kool-Aid and taste good... (last pics, some low hanging fruit from the grape slurri) anyway, cool!

Pre harvest Lit Farms   Sugarcane Sundae 1
Pre harvest Lit Farms   Sugarcane Sundae 2
Pre harvest Lit Farms   Sugarcane Sundae 3
Sugarcane Sundae F1 wk 9 1
Sugarcane Sundae F1 wk 9 3
Sugarcane Sundae F1 wk 9 4
BBM OCP GS Start up 2
Grape Slurri 1
Grape Slurri 7
Grape Slurri 6
Grape Slurri 5
Grape Slurri 3