AC Infinity Grow Tent Heater

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I am wondering if I need a heater
I just flipped a 4 x 8 tent to 12/12 temps outside last night hi teens
Tent was 63 this morning is that to cold plants looked fine when lights came on at 7:00 this morning
IMO that's to cold, try to get it up to minimum of 68, my nights can be anywhere from 68-72.

Newty

Newty

I am wondering if I need a heater
I just flipped a 4 x 8 tent to 12/12 temps outside last night hi teens
Tent was 63 this morning is that to cold plants looked fine when lights came on at 7:00 this morning

IMO that's to cold, try to get it up to minimum of 68, my nights can be anywhere from 68-72.
Let me correct myself. The room my tent is in I have to heat to 68-72 at night if outside temps drop a lot, this keeps my tent around 65-68 on the cold nights. First post I looked at when I got up, brain was not working.
I try to keep my night time temps in my tent around 65-70, 63 is not bad but don't let it drop below 60 and you should be ok.

Do you use a controller 69? You can look in the app at the history for the night to make sure it didn't get even colder throughout the night.

R

RhCrusader

Let me correct myself. The room my tent is in I have to heat to 68-72 at night if outside temps drop a lot, this keeps my tent around 65-68 on the cold nights. First post I looked at when I got up, brain was not working.
I try to keep my night time temps in my tent around 65-70, 63 is not bad but don't let it drop below 60 and you should be ok.

Do you use a controller 69? You can look in the app at the history for the night to make sure it didn't get even colder throughout the night.
Thanks hopefully I’m done with stupid cold night
I do not have a controller but I do have temp and humidity that shows inside and outside of tent with 24 hr high and low per day

Newty

Newty

Thanks hopefully I’m done with stupid cold night
I do not have a controller but I do have temp and humidity that shows inside and outside of tent with 24 hr high and low per day
Idk what brand you use but I like Acurite products, I have a couple wireless sensors from them in my tent and use both wireless and probed ones for my ball python enclosures as well.

AC Infinity has the Cloudcom Smart Thermometer/Hygrometer for around $20, you can connect it to your phone and see the temp history just like a controller 69. You can get ones with probes and put the probe anywhere, I'm pretty sure they are instant read also instead of every 30 seconds to 1 minute like other thermometers. Not saying you need one of these, just thought I'd mention it.

R

RGWD0202

Just seen this on AC Infinity website, this is new right? Definitely need it!

At 500 watts that’s pretty impressive. My heater is 1500 watts and kills my electric bill… Someone recommended a seedling Matt to heat their tent I plan on trying that should be here this week interested to see if it can maintain middle to upper 60s with lights out. It is only 110 watts. Kinda wish I had seen this before I bought the mat

Newty

Newty

At 500 watts that’s pretty impressive. My heater is 1500 watts and kills my electric bill… Someone recommended a seedling Matt to heat their tent I plan on trying that should be here this week interested to see if it can maintain middle to upper 60s with lights out. It is only 110 watts. Kinda wish I had seen this before I bought the mat
Luckily I don't have to use a heater much, our winters are milder and milder every year. When I do need to use one, mine is 1500w as well.

How many degrees are you trying to raise your tent with the seedling mat?

I'm a big reptile person, specifically ball pythons. Heating mats I'm very familiar with and the ones AC infinity uses are not much different.

I could be wrong but I don't think you are going to get the results you want with the mat. They can raise air temps in smaller places but they work by heating the surface it's in contact with. That's why the mats work great with seedling trays and dome trays, it's a much smaller area to heat and the tray is in contact with the mat.

4x2 heat mat is around 110w, the height of a tent though compared to a seedling tray dome is quite a bit different though.

Other thing I would worry about is the surface you set the mat on, running the mat on full power continually could cause the surface temperature of the mat to become quite high.

Like I said, that's just my experience in the reptile world. I am curious if it will work though.

R

RGWD0202

Luckily I don't have to use a heater much, our winters are milder and milder every year. When I do need to use one, mine is 1500w as well.

How many degrees are you trying to raise your tent with the seedling mat?

I'm a big reptile person, specifically ball pythons. Heating mats I'm very familiar with and the ones AC infinity uses are not much different.

I could be wrong but I don't think you are going to get the results you want with the mat. They can raise air temps in smaller places but they work by heating the surface it's in contact with. That's why the mats work great with seedling trays and dome trays, it's a much smaller area to heat and the tray is in contact with the mat.

4x2 heat mat is around 110w, the height of a tent though compared to a seedling tray dome is quite a bit different though.

Other thing I would worry about is the surface you set the mat on, running the mat on full power continually could cause the surface temperature of the mat to become quite high.

Like I said, that's just my experience in the reptile world. I am curious if it will work though.
Thanks for the advice! I’m skeptical but my tent is only a 4x2x5 so it’s pretty small. And with a 4x2 mat I was hoping to keep it near 65 with lights out. It’s starting to warm up around here but still very low nights, 20-30s. I did buy a controller that will turn it on and off depending on temperature. I’ll definitely keep you posted and I was really just thinking of leaning it up against the inside wall of the tent and hope it would give off enough heat to keep it where I need. if it gives off too much heat by running continuously I’d worry about melting the tent.

R

RhCrusader

Idk what brand you use but I like Acurite products, I have a couple wireless sensors from them in my tent and use both wireless and probed ones for my ball python enclosures as well.

AC Infinity has the Cloudcom Smart Thermometer/Hygrometer for around $20, you can connect it to your phone and see the temp history just like a controller 69. You can get ones with probes and put the probe anywhere, I'm pretty sure they are instant read also instead of every 30 seconds to 1 minute like other thermometers. Not saying you need one of these, just thought I'd mention it.
I’m not sure what brand I’ll have to look
I think I paid $25 only had it a few days
Last night was first 12 hours dark
I like the idea of the ac infinity one tough
Then I can check without getting outta bed lol

Newty

Newty

Thanks for the advice! I’m skeptical but my tent is only a 4x2x5 so it’s pretty small. And with a 4x2 mat I was hoping to keep it near 65 with lights out. It’s starting to warm up around here but still very low nights, 20-30s. I did buy a controller that will turn it on and off depending on temperature. I’ll definitely keep you posted and I was really just thinking of leaning it up against the inside wall of the tent and hope it would give off enough heat to keep it where I need. if it gives off too much heat by running continuously I’d worry about melting the tent.
4x2 tent with a 4x2 mat, maybe it will. Where do you plan on putting the mat? Maybe you could find a way to hang it from the side so the heat is more at plant height. Lots of ways you could try if your first idea doesn't work like you want.

What are your current night time tent temperatures? Do you only need to raise the temp 3-5 degrees or more like 10 degrees?

R

RGWD0202

4x2 tent with a 4x2 mat, maybe it will. Where do you plan on putting the mat? Maybe you could find a way to hang it from the side so the heat is more at plant height. Lots of ways you could try if your first idea doesn't work like you want.

What are your current night time tent temperatures? Do you only need to raise the temp 3-5 degrees or more like 10 degrees?
I have a larger space heater outside the tent, inside is 63/64 degrees with lights out and heater on lower setting. I’m not really sure where it would be without the heater. I may check that tonight. I should’ve had lights come on at night instead of morning, now I know.

Newty

Newty

I have a larger space heater outside the tent, inside is 63/64 degrees with lights out and heater on lower setting. I’m not really sure where it would be without the heater. I may check that tonight. I should’ve had lights come on at night instead of morning, now I know.
You don't know until you try. I prefer my plants to be awake when I'm awake, less inconvenient for me to take care of them then if lights were on at night.

If you see how low the temp gets without a heater tonight, I would stay awake for a bit to make sure it doesn't get to cold with it off.

PooToe

PooToe

I thought it was light intensity that affected the stretch.
Lights on/off temp differential. Whatever my lights on temps are I raise it a few degrees hotter at lights out. It'll reduce internodal stretching around 30% - 40%.
Last grow, I stepped the light hours to 14/10 for a week before stepping it down to 12/12. That seemed to reduce the stretch. I'm going to test that again this grow. That should be in a few weeks.
I never go more than 12 hours on flip. I use DLI as my measure of light.
I'm not sure I need this heater, but I'm not completely happy with the in-tent heaters I'm using. They're already controlled by control plugs, but those, of course, are only on or off. The UIS system can do more.
I do like the idea of having a device that is able to regulate the parameters I set like with my T3 humidifier but the heater I got has a built in thermostat so all I have to do is set the temp I want it to turn off at and it does it automatically. Once it drops below a certain temperature it turns back on and tops off the tent. It's not as elegant as the Thermoforge where it can heat incrementally smoothing out your temp spikes but I haven't seen any negative effects so far.
During my current grow, I've been comparing a ceramic heater in the 2x2 tent with an oil radiator heater in the 2x4 tent. So far, I prefer the ceramic heater. I noticed that the radiant heat from the radiator dries the side of the pots that face the heater. This new heater will replace the radiator in the 2x4 tent. I'll probably keep the ceramic heater in the 2x2 tent.
I agree. The oil filled heaters are good for your bedroom when you want to provide heat all night and not pay out the ass for electricity but you need very little heat in the tent to maintain the temp you want. I like to run my tents warm, like 80° - 82° in late veg and flower. When lights go out, the tent is already around that temp so the heater just needs to bump it up a few degrees higher than lights on temp and maintain it. 500w is more than enough heat.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Lights on/off temp differential. Whatever my lights on temps are I raise it a few degrees hotter at lights out. It'll reduce internodal stretching around 30% - 40%.
Ah, well, maybe I didn't notice because I have a narrow range between the lights on and lights off temperatures. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning heat as a factor, though, till you did. I'm not saying it's not true. It's just news to me.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i just keep the room my tents are in warm enough , my exhaust fan runs 24/7 in my tent i do not see how that heater could help me

PooToe

PooToe

Ah, well, maybe I didn't notice because I have a narrow range between the lights on and lights off temperatures. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning heat as a factor, though, till you did. I'm not saying it's not true. It's just news to me.

Newty

Newty

i just keep the room my tents are in warm enough , my exhaust fan runs 24/7 in my tent i do not see how that heater could help me
My exhaust runs 24/7 as well. If I were to run the heater, I would have the heat coming in near the passive vent or active intake and with the help of the exhaust it would pull the heat across the tent, keeping the tent/plants warm. Could run the heater similar to how some run humidifiers. Like mine, my humidity outside my tent is 30%, my humidifier is inside my tent making it 50% and it stays that way even though my exhaust runs 24/7. Easier to raise humidity in the smaller tent space vs the room and then the tent.
Heater would work the same, outside tent temp is lower, heater is inside tent which is a smaller then the outside of the tent making it easier to raise/keep temp up.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

My exhaust runs 24/7 as well. If I were to run the heater, I would have the heat coming in near the passive vent or active intake and with the help of the exhaust it would pull the heat across the tent, keeping the tent/plants warm. Could run the heater similar to how some run humidifiers. Like mine, my humidity outside my tent is 30%, my humidifier is inside my tent making it 50% and it stays that way even though my exhaust runs 24/7. Easier to raise humidity in the smaller tent space vs the room and then the tent.
Heater would work the same, outside tent temp is lower, heater is inside tent which is a smaller then the outside of the tent making it easier to raise/keep temp up.
its just gonna take the warm heat from the bottom of the tent straight out the exhaust ya better hope the heater can keep up with the air exchange

Top Bottom