Ace OT Haze or TFD O Haze

• Thread starter hererisssh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm looking to do my best shanti/nevil impersonation with one of these two and I'm having a hard time deciding. Seems Ace has really gone the extra mile with their preservation project and that might be the direction I go.

Does anyone have experience in selecting haze males?

Thanks.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the response Risein Son, that's exactly what I plan to do. :nod

One consideration for this project: I'm interested in finding at least one male that passes purpling traits to it's offspring. The ACE line makes a point of including both green and purple phenos which is a plus.

I've looked into it but Tom Hill seeds seem impossible to find. Too bad really as it' seems a great representation from what I've seen. Maybe one of you guys knows something I don't about finding those beans.

One thought I had was the following crosses:
(Straw D/Cough x Haze B) x (Lemon Thai x Haze A)

The other (this is where a purpling/grape/wine haze would come in):
(Urkle x Haze A) x Haze B

P

ProGroWannabe

What's happnin hererisssh? When I was researching the O.Haze line a short while back I read VOLUMES about Sam the Skunkman regarding the Haze Bros. Original Haze. As best I could gather, lots of folks claim to have the real deal, but a few folks here and there chimed in saying that TFD and Seedsman are suppose to have beans that were from Sam himself. My choice at the time was Seedsman just because of price. But if you don't have to be as frugal as me, I'd suggest getting both versions and running them side by side. Then you can decide for yourself which one you would rather use.

FWIW..I ended up getting some O.Haze x SK1 as a freebie and so far it looks like the one surviving fem is majorly haze dominant. The male that I collected pollen from also seemed to be massively haze dominant. So I think I'l just play with these instead of ordering the pure O.Haze.

Just my random thoughts.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Risein Son, great contribution thanks, +1 there.

I'll be the first to admit it's an ambitious project, but I've got a few friends, who have also grown for a long time, involved. These crosses will come from multiple rooms which should speed this along greatly. 2 rooms for crossing, 2 rooms for growing out the crosses (one of them is decent size).

We're looking to work some new crosses with a final goal in mind. Hopefully a good, renewable seed stock with some real interesting genetic possibilities.

So you grew out TH Haze and the OldTimer? Nice to see folks willing to put in the extra bloom weeks to try out the extremes. I appreciate your input on the subject. Let me ask you this though, if the TH was impossible to get a hold of which line would you work?

TomHill Haze seems like it could be the best choice. Does anyone know if these are offered to the public for sale anywhere/anymore/recently?

Where are the haze bros when you need them :wondering

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
My choice at the time was Seedsman just because of price. But if you don't have to be as frugal as me, I'd suggest getting both versions and running them side by side.
Thanks for the response PGW. How was your experience with the Seedsman version?

Cost won't be the obstacle, I'll definitely throw money at the best version, I'm more concerned that I'll be second guessing what I can get.

L

Limeygreen

What about getting a couple haze lines and crossing them to see if those give you any good selections or Nevilles haze cross with original haze from TFD or and other haze line?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What about getting a couple haze lines and crossing them to see if those give you any good selections or Nevilles haze cross with original haze from TFD or and other haze line?
Thnks lg, that might be an option to consider. I haven't seen real nevs available for a long time it seems. I'm going to stick to the full sativa haze lines and try to work with the formula that produced the ssh and nevs but not try to recreate them.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks for the response PGW. How was your experience with the Seedsman version?

Cost won't be the obstacle, I'll definitely throw money at the best version, I'm more concerned that I'll be second guessing what I can get.

I didn't end up getting the Seedsman version since I received the O.Haze x Sk1 as a freebie from 'the Gyps"(lol).

There are a few shots of these in my thread, however I understand that you are not interested in a cross, but rather the real deal hazes.

I don't know if you have ever spoken with EddieShoestring on IC, but he posted in a thread I started there, saying that Seedsman O.Haze was some serious smoke. A friend of his threw him a little when he was growing it, supposedly....anyway, he liked it.

Will it be feasable for you to grow a few different versions for the first round of testing/selection?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Will it be feasable for you to grow a few different versions for the first round of testing/selection?
I think I'll try to run through one line and work with the most selections possible. I'm not saying we'll run 100 crosses in selection but 10-20 would be a great start.

P

ProGroWannabe

I hear ya! Hell I'm almost as excited as you are to see this get of the ground hereri!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
It'll be a long haul, but fun. That's for the encouragement pgw! :nod

First stage will be a two room grow out of the Straw D and Querkle. I've been looking at the Lemon Thai but haven't made up my mind about it yet.

I'll get a thread going for one of them at least.

P

ProGroWannabe

Save me a seat in THAT thread! I LOVE homemade breeding projects.

Top Bottom