Any tips on cross breeding strains

• Thread starter J1EviLGREENz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fromogtothis

fromogtothis

6 different strains, it's what iv read can be done apparently it's what many seed breeders do, isolate one branch per pollen, iv got a few strains in mind
GHOST CANDY
31 GHOST
GELATO BX
JELLY TOTS or JELLY CAKE
BANANA ZKITTLES
just need one more male and then I need the perfect female
All I can say is working with multiple polys and trying for a certain trait is going to make for a lot of line breeding. Breeding is not the same as growing I promise.

J1EviLGREENz

J1EviLGREENz

If you are working with true males you cannot make feminized seeds.
If you don't really care and are trying to do this as a cash grab, potential buyers will see that and likely not be so interested, also it is apparent the seed market is cooling off imo, you may have missed the rush.
Yes you can use 6 males to pollinate individual branches but unless the female is huge you will be disappointed with how many seeds you end up with. This is not how breeders are doing it for seed production runs. Maybe some do this to create a small batch of seeds for testing before doing a seed production run but otherwise it is not going to be useful to someone trying to sell seeds.
Yes it does take time which is why most pollen chucker breeders will often use one male on several female, this nets the most seeds and crosses in return.
No that is not how cannabis filial generations work. To get a true F1 the male and female cannot be related up through their family trees. Most people now call any male to female breeding an F1. In any case, if you take two F1's (a male and female) and cross them, you have an F2. If you do what you describe once you self it to feminize it you have an S1.
I would suggest stop, put everything on pause and do some research. Breeding takes knowledge, time, patience, money, knowledge, space, patience, testing, luck, etc.

Well I'm researching now

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Well I'm researching now
Your not gonna be able to do multiple pollinations on 1 plant the pollen is to fine an will transfer to easily no matter what you do it won’t be true strain because you won’t be able to truly tell what it is till it grows any bit of air flow or even movement an the pollen gets air born. I collect it from different males a keep the females separate when I pollinate them and leave them separate if I’m using different pollen on them while they grow only doing bottom branches. An the pollen last in the air and on grow walls a lot longer then every will tell you it does just like you can keep the pollen for a while if you store it the right way in the fridge or freezer. I’m no pro but that’s what I know

IMG 6596
IMG 4786
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
If you are working with true males you cannot make feminized seeds.
If you don't really care and are trying to do this as a cash grab, potential buyers will see that and likely not be so interested, also it is apparent the seed market is cooling off imo, you may have missed the rush.
Yes you can use 6 males to pollinate individual branches but unless the female is huge you will be disappointed with how many seeds you end up with. This is not how breeders are doing it for seed production runs. Maybe some do this to create a small batch of seeds for testing before doing a seed production run but otherwise it is not going to be useful to someone trying to sell seeds.
Yes it does take time which is why most pollen chucker breeders will often use one male on several female, this nets the most seeds and crosses in return.
No that is not how cannabis filial generations work. To get a true F1 the male and female cannot be related up through their family trees. Most people now call any male to female breeding an F1. In any case, if you take two F1's (a male and female) and cross them, you have an F2. If you do what you describe once you self it to feminize it you have an S1.
I would suggest stop, put everything on pause and do some research. Breeding takes knowledge, time, patience, money, knowledge, space, patience, testing, luck, etc.
I like the fact that you wrote knowledge and patience twice each in there 😁

I’m just giving some pollen chucking a whirl, but in no way would I ever sell those seeds, free seeds for those interested in hunting through them but like people also sated above, it would be impossible to know what seeds came from what pollen, even being as careful as you can pollen WILL end up in places you don’t want it to be lol. In the end the OP wouldn’t know for sure what crosses are what. Would be horrible for the end user

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I like the fact that you wrote knowledge and patience twice each in there 😁

I’m just giving some pollen chucking a whirl, but in no way would I ever sell those seeds, free seeds for those interested in hunting through them but like people also sated above, it would be impossible to know what seeds came from what pollen, even being as careful as you can pollen WILL end up in places you don’t want it to be lol. In the end the OP wouldn’t know for sure what crosses are what. Would be horrible for the end user
Give it a shot 😉 it's addictive I am warning you 🤣🤣
20231102 104408
Blueberry muffin I just dumped strawberry cheesecake pollen on😉 but I also pollinated 4 other little ladies. I keep my plants small for pollen chucking. But you get something only you have.

Top Bottom