CannaTerra Professional or Aeroponics?

• Thread starter Cpt-Redeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cpt-Redeye

Hi there, I'm new to THC Farmer and was wondering if anyone with experience can offer me some advice?
I have grown in Canna Terra Professional Before and have recently heard of Aeroponics. I am considering buying an 8 pot system called General Hydroponics Panda System

Can anyone offer me some advice on if i would benefit form bigger yields over a canna coco grow technique?
I have a tent measuring 140cmx140cm with a 600w hps.
With the Aeroponics Panda system i was thinking that 2 plants per pot would probably be a good place to start givin each of the plants plenty of room.
I would probably find a mother and use cuttings as going from seed can sometimes give dissapointing results when u come to find most of them are male....
I would apreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback and let me know if they've had good results with aeroponics and what u would recommend?
I look forward to hearing some comments...
Thanks,
Cpt-Redeye

P

ProGroWannabe

What's happnin Cpt?

Personally Aero is a bit too fussy for me. I'd hate to find out that I had a bad bottle of nutes by seeing all of my plants dead a few hours after a reservior change. That's just me though. I've been a coco-nut for a while now and have a really hard time switching to anything else.
One (slightly biased) question....why aren't there more folks running grow threads with Aero? My hypothesis: most find Aero to be too fussy. Requiring too much in the details.

Just my opinion. If ya get that Aero set-up, please do a grow log with it. Growers that choose to go Aero need more Aero threads for reference.*

C

Cpt-Redeye

Thanks for the reply ProGro....i must admit i've heard nothing but good things about canna, and should probably get used to that before switching....
I got interested in Aeroponics because a pretty reliable friend was telling me of another mate of his that recently bought an aeroponics unit...was a 6 pot kits and had everything built into the room...he was sent on a 2 day induction course to learn to use it properly (the kit was £2000)
He asked me to ave a guess at what he got harvest wise....i guessed at 16 oz between the 6 plants as i knew he said it was alot....his reply was 'no, more like 16 on each plant...' lol
i'm sure thats prob stretched a bit from person to person but just wanted to do some research i guess...sounds like a good idea but like u say i'm sure it could get a bit fussy.....

P

ProGroWannabe

Those ARE some strong yield numbers, even if they were inflated a bit. I'm certain that Aero yields better than anything out there, but I'd still suggest that you go with your instinct and run canna for a while first. You can always upgrade. Besides, if you drop the canna for the Aero at some point, how much money do you lose? Now what if you end up dumping that expensive Aero unit to go to Canna, how much money do you lose?

Juss my two cents....

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
like pro said you can lose crops in the matter of hours if things mess up sprayers clog etc, lots of variables... try other hyro systems first drip systems, tables, dwc etc... if you have mastered these and still arent happy with yields or speed of those yields then go for it... if your new into hydro i would say no to aero.

C

Cpt-Redeye

Cheers for all the advice, sounds like some good points to me, did wonder about the sprayers clogging etc and yeah i've heard of mates losing crops in a matter of a few hours. lol...feed em one min and then come back and se all ya plants crawling along the floor. lol...think i'll stick to whats simple. lol....
i posted another thread in The breeders lab with few pics...feel free to ave a look..

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
got a link? ill tell yeah unless you want to run a lot of plants. the hydro system that i love the best dwc. the plants have crazy growth and yield a ton if done properly

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
ok i saw it and saw your plants they look great. i saw you were working with grow bags and if your wantin to go into hydro i would say do dwc. go buy you some 5 gallon buckets and some air pumps and some net pots. i would buy the lids with the net pots built in and some clay pellets and go to town my man...

C

Cpt-Redeye

soz i don't understand bout working with grow bags...their in 7.5 litre pots atm....don't plan on transplantin them again if i can help it....planned to only transplant them the once...

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
oh ok. i couldnt tell what they were if they were pots or grow bags. grow bags are just cheaper than pots....

Latest posts

Top Bottom