Can't figure out the problem..

• Thread starter GrowAway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowAway

Hi all, long time lurker here, but first time posting. I've been successfully growing outside for 2 years and am trying my hand at indoor growing. It isn't going well and I'm completely stumped as to what the heck is wrong. I planted 4 seeds a month ago, but they're all very slow growing. They are about the size of 2 week seedlings instead of 4 week seedlings. They're all autoflowers.
Gorilla Glue, Gelato NTL, Jack Herer & an unknown mystery mix seed. I use the same soil I've always used..a mix of potting soil, worm castings & fox farm with perlite. These 4 indoor seedlings have consistent temperature around 72°-78°F, consistent light schedule, with some fluctuating humidity at night. I have a variety of other plants (vegetables, herbs & flowers) that were planted in the same soil mix several weeks earlier and are thriving like normal. I use this same soil mix in my outdoor weed grows and have never had an issue. I'm completely stumped with these indoor 4. Ph is great & they've never dried out, yet the the soil seems to take forever to need watering even though they aren't getting drenched. It's like they've just grown some, then froze in time. My Jack Herer is taking on some deformed leaves and I don't know why. I'm looking for any kind of guidance I can get to hopefully save these ladies. I gave them a bit of weak fertilizer a few days ago and still haven't noticed much difference. I don't know if I should keep treating them as young seedlings by not feeding them because their smaller than normal sizes or if I should feed them based on their actual plant age. Every day I'm obsessed with looking at them constantly to see if there's any improvement, but it's like watching paint dry. If it's the soil, then why do my outdoor girls do fantastic in it before being transplanted into the ground? Something is really wrong here and I can't figure it out. Please help if you can. Thank you for taking your time to read this. I appreciate any advice to help these young ladies.

Cant figure out the problem
Cant figure out the problem 2
Cant figure out the problem 3
Cant figure out the problem 4
G

GrowAway

The humidity ranges from 55-75. I'm using the Spider Farmer 2024 SF1000D LED grow light with Samsung LM301B diodes, full spectrum grow light. It is hung about 22-24" above the plants and I kept it at 50% power based on what the grow light specifications read. I have a makeshift grow tent setup made from a small folding table completely sealed with mylar, a small humidifier, a small desk fan, cross ventilation opposite the fan & a seedling mat to keep the temp in range during nighttime when the grow light is off. I had to use a makeshift grow tent upstairs because I was starting to battle destructive insects on my vegetable plants & annual flowers in my basement greenhouse setup. These 4 ladies have not been infested and I never see any bugs on them. I simply wanted to start them growing indoors so they'd be mature enough to transplant outdoors in a few weeks. I've never started weed seedlings indoors before, but damn this has been frustrating..😬

G

GrowAway

Could be. 50% is high for young plants. Maybe try lowering it to 25% and raise it up 6" or so.
I will certainly try that. Thank you! In regards to my other concern about feeding them.. should I feed them based on their size or their age now that they've got multiple sets of leaves? I'm torn on what the right thing is to do because I don't want to cause them any further stress and lose them if their root system is still premature like their growth is.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

all i know it feels like to me if i have to go any lower on my light intensity i might as well cut the fcking light off and light a candle
all these charts and graphs these guys on here tell ya to go look at are full of shit

Mattman9111

Mattman9111

Lower the intensity, give it some time like serious time, week or week and a half. If that doesn’t work, just be patient. Those little plants are pretty tough and they will surprise you. It always seems like the simple things are usually what fixes them. At least in my experience. If Not, light a bunch of candles, cut the lights off and hail Satan or whatever.

G

GrowAway

all i know it feels like to me if i have to go any lower on my light intensity i might as well cut the fcking light off and light a candle
all these charts and graphs these guys on here tell ya to go look at are full of shit
I actually thought my light intensity was too strong at first because they started getting really leggy, so I switched lights. I was using the same 'blurple' lights I've always used for my winter veggies in my basement. I'm learning just how finicky weed is to grow indoors because I've never had a problem growing anything indoors. Apparently I've got a lot to learn about growing weed indoors.. either that or I just need to stick to growing it outdoors in a few weeks.

Mattman9111

Mattman9111

I actually thought my light intensity was too strong at first because they started getting really leggy, so I switched lights. I was using the same 'blurple' lights I've always used for my winter veggies in my basement. I'm learning just how finicky weed is to grow indoors because I've never had a problem growing anything indoors. Apparently I've got a lot to learn about growing weed indoors.. either that or I just need to stick to growing it outdoors in a few weeks.
Don’t give up on Indoor cannabis, once you nail it, you will be super grateful you did. Outdoor can be awesome but indoor will always be better in my opinion.

G

GrowAway

Lower the intensity, give it some time like serious time, week or week and a half. If that doesn’t work, just be patient. Those little plants are pretty tough and they will surprise you. It always seems like the simple things are usually what fixes them. At least in my experience. If Not, light a bunch of candles, cut the lights off and hail Satan or whatever.
My excitement has turned to constant worry. I honestly look at these plants probably 20+ times a day, I swear. I'm a huge plant nerd & always growing something, even during winter months, I'm growing over wintered veggies and flowers in my basement greenhouse room. It breaks my heart & frustrates me to not be able to figure out the needs of these 4 ladies. I do pray to the weeds gods that I don't lose them.. maybe I should light a candle during those prayers lol!

G

GrowAway

Don’t give up on Indoor cannabis, once you nail it, you will be super grateful you did. Outdoor can be awesome but indoor will always be better in my opinion.
It's going to take a lot for me to get the hang of growing indoors. I feel nearly defeated by this, but not giving up on these girls. I need to learn a lot more about it before I'll try it again. I'm scared to lose plants because of something I've caused. I've grown outdoors for 2 years because we've got a nice private yard with a few sweet spots where they grow insanely well. 😁👍

G

GrowAway

What are your thoughts about once they reach their flowering stage? Since they're autos, I'm afraid they will start flowing while in this dwarf size. Do you think they'll catch up in size before flowering begins? I hope they catch up in size before they start flowering, or that would suck..

Top Bottom