Check out my first ever grow thanks to you guys!!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong??

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

yes i’d say so,.
In general are you saying that's to many fan leaves to take off or to many for an Autoflower?

I'm growing photoperiods and did my first scrog on my current grow in the 8x4. I was not aggressive at all with it because I wanted to see how the plant reacted to the little bit I did do and also didn't want to screw anything up in general.

I defoliated everything under the net during veg. I did some research and seen that plenty of websites related to growing (not just forums) say to do a major defoliation of just about all the fan leaves on week 3 of flower.
I went ahead and took that advice and did a major defoliation 4 days ago. I was worried about doing it before I even did it and now I seen this and my fear is back.

I just didn't know if the websites that say to do a major defoliation on week 3 of flower was for photoperiods only or if it is simply bad advice that plagues the internet.

H

helpmegrowbuds

In general are you saying that's to many fan leaves to take off or to many for an Autoflower?

I'm growing photoperiods and did my first scrog on my current grow in the 8x4. I was not aggressive at all with it because I wanted to see how the plant reacted to the little bit I did do and also didn't want to screw anything up in general.

I defoliated everything under the net during veg. I did some research and seen that plenty of websites related to growing (not just forums) say to do a major defoliation of just about all the fan leaves on week 3 of flower.
I went ahead and took that advice and did a major defoliation 4 days ago. I was worried about doing it before I even did it and now I seen this and my fear is back.

I just didn't know if the websites that say to do a major defoliation on week 3 of flower was for photoperiods only or if it is simply bad advice that plagues the internet.
I hear what your saying but in my case I'm still in flower and it effected my yield ALOT first harvest was way more then this one

Newty

Newty

I hear what your saying but in my case I'm still in flower and it effected my yield ALOT first harvest was way more then this one
Well you found out that it did not work out well for Autos you grew, you tried something new and it did not work out but that's how you learn.
I've made plenty mistakes myself trying new things, I've also found some pretty neat and beneficial techniques as well along the way and so will you!

Like I said before, I did a heavy defoliation in week 3 of flower but mine are photoperiods. I'm at 5 weeks now and so far I'm liking what I see but I still have a long way to go before I know if it hurts my yield.

H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey guys can you help me I'm having trouble with humidity I've purchased about 6 of them and none of them can bring humidity down or keep it at a range plzz help

Newty

Newty

Hey guys can you help me I'm having trouble with humidity I've purchased about 6 of them and none of them can bring humidity down or keep it at a range plzz help
What stage of growth are you in and what humidity levels are you seeing?

You said your purchased 6 of them, 6 dehumidifiers or what?

H

helpmegrowbuds

What stage of growth are you in and what humidity levels are you seeing?

You said your purchased 6 of them, 6 dehumidifiers or what?
Yes 6 dehumidifier my tent is getting 80 no and high 70s
I have 2 in flower and 1 in mid veg
1 in late flower other mid flower
Since the last one went into veg humidity has been hard to control
I even bought a 200 dollar a/c even tho I have a mini split set up in that room temp haven't really been a issue been able to keep at 70 range lowest temp is 65 when lights are off

H

helpmegrowbuds

Man I hope my first grow goes half as good as yours .. I have my doubts tho View attachment 2180252
My first grow wasn't that great lol product wise lml but I did learn a lot this is my first full tent grow I'm doing now I literally just harvested 8 days ago phone was dying couldn't get much.. I've been dealing with family loss so haven't been posting for a while

757Botanist

First go around for outdoors. If I learned anything from my indoor grows is that you defoliate the lower levels but still need leaves for photosynthesis which is vital. I’m doing lst so they are small to be a month old. But the lower nodes are growing and the stem is getting thick.

IMG 1451
IMG 1450
Newty

Newty

Yes 6 dehumidifier my tent is getting 80 no and high 70s
I have 2 in flower and 1 in mid veg
1 in late flower other mid flower
Since the last one went into veg humidity has been hard to control
I even bought a 200 dollar a/c even tho I have a mini split set up in that room temp haven't really been a issue been able to keep at 70 range lowest temp is 65 when lights are off
Have you tired 2 units running at the same time or 1 in lung room and 1 in tent?
You could always try a basement/whole house dehumidifier.

Have you made sure your hygrometer is giving accurate readings?

Do you water in morning or night? If you water toward the end of day, it will raise humidity quite a bit the next day.

What's the humidity in the rest of your house compared to your grow space?

Might have to try and seal off the grow area the best you can from the rest of the house, hard to dehumidify a room that's getting supplied with humid air from other parts of the house.
Could try and put dehumidifiers in the rooms closest to your grow area/lung room while also running dehumidifier in your grow area/lung room.

Another thing you could try is dehumidifier bags or buckets, these are put in boats, cars, etc when they are stored for a long time so they can absorb moisture.

Top Bottom