Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
GG6 - cont.

Pheno variation can be a fun experience. In the case of GG6 it was just about a death sentence. When I took this pic it dawned on me that there might just be something special about this pheno. She was now 3 weeks past her scheduled flower time and she is short, very short but damn it she is a freak of a bush! Took 10 cuttings and cloned in veg.

IMG 0427

IMG 0448

IMG 0469

IMG 0547

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
GG6 - Cont.

I stuck the mother of those clones into flower with a seed run of GSCE. GG6 did exactly what I thought she might do. She all most made it to the second trellis then stopped. Obviously GSCE kept right on doing its thing and this mother was done by 3 weeks in flower. No light no bud. That's ok. If she had the genetic potential to stretch like her seed mates then she would have stretched here. Front left corner.

IMG 0578

First gen GG6 showed she doesn't stretch
Second gen GG6 is a single mother plant in flower with a couple of Amnesia Haze Plants
IMG 0680

GG6 gen 3 is in veg going solo in flower on the next flower run

IMG 0716

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The next crop is 11 weeks and winding down. I was wondering what it costs to flower out a crop, minus utilities, just nutrient expenses.

IMG 0725

sometimes questions are better left unanswered lol

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update:

Girl Scout Cookie Extreme - 11 weeks

IMG 0744

Bruce Banner - 7 weeks

IMG 0743

Amnesia Haze - 3 weeks

IMG 0742

Veg -

GG6 - (6) - next flower
Do-si-do - (2) - next mothers
Bruce Banner Clones (2)
TSP - (1)
Critical Mass - (2) - planted

IMG 0741

Cloner - 11 days cut

Trainwreck (10)
Amnesia Haze (2)

The Trainwreck mother grew into the light and got burned, my fault. Lost some leaves from that but over all it's not a bad batch of clones. At day 10 I added nutrients to go from 110 ppm tap to 220 ppm ph at 6.1. Decreased reservoir temp to 72 from 74. Changed flood times from 15 min per hour to 30 minutes per 2 hours. No direct light yet.

IMG 0740

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Oil processing -

I've not gotten around to buying one of those fancy machines to make my oil, my method is about as ancient as my growing methods. Cheapest toaster oven I could find and a hot plate.

There's a formula I found online but can't seem to find it ATM. I'll decarb 14 grams of bud, or in this case 10 grams of bud and 6 grams trim.

IMG 0729

IMG 0733

Toaster ovens are not designed for decarbing. Temperature spikes will burn your flower. By putting multiple layers of foil/pans etc. between the element and the flowers it limits the spikes. Accurate temp reading is really important so I use my probe from the meat smokers.

IMG 0730
IMG 0731

I'll use scirrors and give the flower a good chopping prior to decarb then grind after. I used a grinder but tried a buddies suggestion and tried a coffee grinder. 7 grams and 10 seconds later!

IMG 0734

IMG 0735

Simmer in a real fancy double boiler stirring every 15 minutes

IMG 0737

IMG 0738

IMG 0745

14 grams flower
1 pint coconut oil
decarb 40 minutes @ 240
simmer 3 hours @ 190
strain and enjoy

a safe base line of 3ml per serving to start with. This shit is potent and can cause unpleasant side effects if misused.

jj

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Girl Scout Cookies Extreme -

11 weeks 5 days in flower and she was done. Big plant, big buds but not dense. Volume wise it's the fullest my drier has been, time will tell what these dry down to.

IMG 0752

IMG 0756

IMG 0759

IMG 0760

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update -

Bruce Banner - 8 weeks

IMG 0773

Amnesia Haze - 4 weeks

IMG 0772

GG6 - Day 0

IMG 0775

Veg -

Do-Si-Do - Next Mother
Bruce Banner
TSP

IMG 0774

Cloner - Trainwreck - 18 days cut

IMG 0770

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The biggest issue currently is timing. I'm a couple weeks away from needing another set of clones and the mother plants are ready to be cut. Simple answer would be to wait but this veg system doesn't hold plants well so a trim job to slow these girls down was the better option I hope.

do-si-do 2

IMG 0777

IMG 0778

do-si-do 3

IMG 0779

IMG 0781

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The cloner's first full crop at 24 days from cutting. I've got to work on the quality of the cuttings going in but for the first crop I'm pleased with how it's working. 12 cuttings in 12 plants out. All are healthy and I'd put any of them into flower. Problem is I flower 6 max per cycle so some have got to go. The 2 Amnesia Haze plants moved over to the veg tray, so now 4 plants have to go. At 14 days I pulled the worst looking cutting out, no roots no lights. The cuting had roots so direct lighting was turned on. 10 days later the worst looking cutting pulled again. I look at any plant leaving the system in hopes of learning something/anything.

IMG 0788

IMG 0749

IMG 0794

IMG 0795

IMG 0796

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Plan B plants -

Try as best I can I still screw up this system one way or another often. That's why there are a couple of plants in veg to help me get through those screw up's. They are there to flower if needed are to take cuttings from for the cloner. Hopefully I don't use them but it's damn cheap insurance to have them around. AH was by Plan B plants and they went to flower a month back. Replaced them with a couple of cuttings from Bruce Banner.

The BB cuttings were here to cover flower but there were enough healthy plants they weren't needed. Clone cutting is about 12 days out and I have 2 mothers for that so no need for both PLan B plants. These plants can get huge fast and really mess up a smaller reservoir. Time for 1 to go.

IMG 0797

Replacement Plan B plants are cutttings from the Amnesia Haze plants that went to flower. They were topped and will be ready for the next cycle,

IMG 0790

IMG 0791

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update

Bruce Banner - 9 weeks

IMG 0801

Amnesia Haze - 5 weeks

IMG 0798

GG6 - 1 week

IMG 0799

Veg -

Do-si-do #2 & #3
Bruce Banner
Amnesia Haze
TSP
Power Plant

IMG 0803

Cloner - Trainwreck

IMG 0802

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Perpetual grows can at times be interesting. On any typical day I'm dealing with 8 generations of plants:

1. Gorilla glue - curing
2. Girl Scout Cookies - drying
3. Bruce Banner - 9 weeks
4. Amnesia Haze - 5 weeks
5. GG6 - 1 week
6. Trainwreck - cloner
7. Do-si-do - mother to cut this week
8. Power Plant/Amnesia Haze - mother to cut in 4 weeks

I like Mason Jars, own a bunch of them but these mylar bags and a heat sealer are nice, really nice for long term cure/storage.

IMG 0804

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

You are speaking of "Grove bags" or another mylar brand, I may need to get some in the future as my grow skills improve, thanks for the views,Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The clones hit 28 days and it's time to move. These plants have 14 days in veg then to flower, plants they are replacing are 10 weeks in flower now. I'm really liking how these plants are spreading out.

IMG 0805

IMG 0806

Do-Si-DO #3 was ready to cut so after a break down and scrub the new clones were cut. GG6 was at 10 days so 3 cuttings of GG6 and 9 from Do-si-do #3.

IMG 0807

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update -

Bruce Banner - 10 weeks

IMG 0814

Amnesia Haze - 6 weeks

IMG 0813

GG6 - 2 weeks

IMG 0812

Veg -
Trainwreck
Do-si-do #2
Bruce Banner
TSP
Amnesia Haze

IMG 0810

Cloner - Do-si-do #3 (9), GG6 (3)

IMG 0811

jj

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Bruce Banner was done. It's my last seed run and it couldn't have come soon enough. Pheno's can be so different to each other it's like growing completely different plants. I hope to not go down this road again any time soon. Bruce seems like a decent plant to grow. It's got some stretch, finishes early and the bud structure is decent. Not overly dense and not fluffy. I did cut a couple of clones from one of the plants. Solo shot of the bud came from the pheno I kept.

IMG 0818

IMG 0819

IMG 0820

The sole purpose of the cheese cloth is to leave the rocks clean.

IMG 0821

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update

Amnesia Haze - 7 weeks

IMG 0825

GG6 - 3 weeks

IMG 0824

Trainwreck - Day 0

IMG 0823

Veg -

Amnesia Haze
Dosido #2
Bruce Banner
Trainwreck
T-SP #1
T-SP #2

IMG 0826

Cloner - Dosido #3 (9) & GG6 (3)

IMG 0827

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Girl Scout Cookies Extreme - some final thoughts

27.89 ounces, I'm rounding up to 28 lol. That's all A grade top shelf bud. Drier was too full for b grade so that's all fresh frozen.
Bag appeal is ok, nothing to brag about.
She's got some legs in veg.
Trains easily
ran the highest PPM in flower ive seen in some time
She's an Indica. Did I mention she's an Indica?
Damn fine smoke, don't plan on an overly productive day if smoked early!

IMG 0836

jj

Top Bottom