Expected plant height for 2x2x4 tent

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

How tall should I let a plant grow in a 4ft tall tent? I know I'll need to top the plant, but I'm wondering how tall I should let the plant actually grow for 4ft tent?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Take into account the space needed for the light, hopefully you have the filter/fan on the outside if the tent. Also the height of the pot itself. Then take into account some strains double in height in flower. I'd probably flip at about a foot, give or take..

R

RGWD0202

How tall should I let a plant grow in a 4ft tall tent? I know I'll need to top the plant, but I'm wondering how tall I should let the plant actually grow for 4ft tent?
You don’t want the plant closer than 10” from your light if you are able to dim it. Get a trellis net and SCROG your plant. When you flip to flower expect the plant to double in size. So if you have a 4ft ceiling your light will hang down a little bit making it likely closer to 3.5 ft, your containers will be about 1ft high so that leaves 2.5 feet of space, minus 10” for space between light and container. You have room for a 1.5-2 ft tall plant..

N

Natep

You are going to want to train the plant till it covers the entire width of the tent. Try and keep it really low. When you flip it to flower it will get twice as tall. You will not be able to let the plant get very tall. I wouldn’t let them get more than 12” tall.

Pilted

Pilted

In a 4 foot tall plant you going to need to grow sideways, when you flip to flower and they start to stretch continue to pull them down horizontal, put a net in at like 18 inches and keep the plant below the net. That should give you a distant of about 18 inches from plant to light. Will need to dim light so it's not to bright. Will be a difficult task. Would suggest clearing out a closet and just ditching that 4 foot tent would be much easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom