Exploding HPS?

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whazzup

whazzup

Exploding bulbs do happen. Some combinations of e-ballasts and light are not too safe either. I have heard about and read reports of Dual Spectrum lights that blow up on E-ballasts. Some e-ballast manuf. recommend specific bulbs.

L

l33t

British Hempire

Why not just use a couple of cfl (ie 20w) lights to keep the light cycle going on while away?

I had to leave for 10 days when I was growing MangoHaze (and I was flowering them from seed) and used a cfl istead of the 2x600hps and they stopped growing a bit but afterwards when I put back the HIDs they went on fine.

B

British_Hempire

hi l33t. Nice idea, and it would work, but it's also fine to leave them in darkness for a few days, it doesn't do them any harm, just delays flowering a few days. Hazyfontazy left his 11 days last year with no ill effects.

B

baggins

never had a bulb go, but my ballast went. Came home from work and smelled like a fire. Ran to check the plants. breaker had tripped. scared me a little. but thought thats what breakers are for. replaced ballast as was up and running in 2 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom