GG4 indica or sativa dominant?

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

I'm finding different answers everywhere online like this Google search that totally contradicts each other?

Gg4 indica or sativa dominant
BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Hey, did a bit of lookylooing about, this site seems to have a full article on the original GG4, posted recently. They don't list exact percentages though, just say "Indica-dominant". The problem with me posting any of the other links I found is that they are seed sale pages and I don't think that would be wise of me to share considering I couldn't tell you if they are legit or not. To save myself posting potential scam banks, their company is "GG Strains LLC" so if you google search that you'll find lots of sites etc with more information.

When you go to Leafy they say something similar to the results you found

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
The deal here is that most likely that was the ratio when gg4 was first bred and tested.
Over the years many variations have popped up through pheno hunting, so it depends on a bunch of factors, the above answer being a doozy.

CannabiscoJ

CannabiscoJ

I'm finding different answers everywhere online like this Google search that totally contradicts each other?
Not all GG strains are #4 .. there are many phenos of GG and many variations of GG by different breeders and their respective phenos. It's really a mixed bag . There are sativa leaning GG's and there are indica dom strains of GG out there. It's a cross of Chemdog's Sister, chocolope or chocolate diesel & sour dub.. the cross changes depending on the breeder but that's about the just of it. Best bet is to read reviews, research breeders and possible phenos or a GG IBL or backcross BX to stabilize what pheno you are searching for.. or buy a big pack and pheno hunt.. all the types I've grown it always went leaned on the chemy chocolate side.

D

Doubie

I used to have the original GG4, she has a strange trait of twisting one of the finger leaves - an easy way to help identify the genuine cut.

It’s a hybrid. The exact ratio is hard to place, she grows pretty tall with good lateral side branching and small-ish nugs.
But her smoke is STRONG mostly indica, put you on your arse.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Ive grown probably more of the original gg4 S1 that went around the commercial facilities then any other one plant. As far as that gorilla glue goes, there is a good reason imho that it gets called both.

From the grower's perspective, its a lanky plant, with a fairly thin finger to the leaves, and a pretty big node spacing on average.

But, from the smoker's perspective, that original gg4 was a pretty stoney plant. Its a smiley, uplifting to the mood plant, but it is really stoney still. A lot of dispensaries would call it an indica hybrid because it was a more accurate way of describing the effects most of the time.

The plant itself is just a lanky hybrid, and depending what spectrum of lighting, from sun, to hps, to LED, its one that tends to express with a lil bit different structure to the flower as well. I could also NEVER get color from the buds through to end cured bud. I could get some streaks on leaves and sugar trim with cold temps, but it just stayed a vibrant, almost neon lime green through growth on the flowers.

I always considered it a pretty even hybrid, with sativa leaning tenencies in growth, especially in flower, but indica leaning tendencies to the quality of the high.

It also did this really cool and unique thing, where the buds looked fluffy, but when you pick them up, they are not fluffy at all lmao.

Ive also never grown another plant that so heavily required netting or yoyos indoors. If you didnt, the plant just flopped around all over the place and all over itself, even with elevated silica to the feeds lmao.

gorilla glue was a strange plant, and honestly, along side some of the gelato and Bubba lineages, probably one of the legendary plants of note in the modern era.

I recloned a clone of a clone of that original gg4, soooooooooooo many times. I grew so much gg4 flower privately and commercially from the same original clone and the plants never changed, and thats something many commercial growers had the same experience with. A lot are still growing that original clone after having already probably produced near Tonnage of the stuff. Its willingness to grow as far sideways as up, and how much of a good mood the plant was is why i ended up starting my own long term f1 project with the plant. It's def on the list of genetics i dont ever want to lose.

As for is it indica or sativa? The answer is Yes

Fun fact/The story i was given: The original gorilla glue 4 plant was not cloned for one reason or another, i assume its weak-sauce stems. But after harvest, a single viable self pollenated seed was found after significant regret for not cloning the plant. And the day was saved, and coincidentally, is one of the living legend plants that probably wont be lost to time any time soon. We dont have many of those. It was almost lost forever after a single plant lol.

The original popularized gg4 cut, was actually a self pollenated S1 seed resulting from a stress hermed plant taken real late into flower. So far as i understand it, it's a a tiny miracle any of us have ever even smoked that flower đź’š

Last edited:
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Thanks for the info! She is on day 60 since sprouting this is my 1st ever grow so really don't know what to expect but she seems to be doing great thanks to some help from a few people on this forum I just switched her from a 2x2x4 tent to a 3x3x6 cause she was way to confined and she was just about touching the light so it looks like I'm going to need to add a bigger light but I'm hoping to get through this grow with what I have considering she should only have a few weeks left

PXL 20240602 0228480962
Top Bottom