Grow #2 - First ever tent attempt (say that after a few)!

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

Ok, so I've got it mostly setup now and put my old ladies from first grow in to try out overnight last night. Need to do a lot of tidying up with leads and ropes (so bloody many) but we are just about there!

20231116 174158

20231116 174203

20231116 174756

20231116 174813

Meanwhile the new ladies are now transplanted and have been giving them a little daily trip outside in the shade while they settle in to their new homes and before I put them under the lights.

20231117 101115

lenhug

lenhug

Also need to cut a square of insulation board to put under the tent as on the garage floor. Thinking outside to stand on rather than inside.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

That’s a ship shape tent you got there dude.
it may be a pain in the butt, but you may want to bury down a little more of the stock. Also it will fine If you don’t want to do the effort.
Hang your light low so they dont stretch t too much.
good luck!!

lenhug

lenhug

Thanks man.

I'm probably being stupid but what do you mean, the stock?

Do you mean the new seedlings need to be deeper in the soil? I know you suggested already to me and I promise I did try but still got my measurements wrong...lol!

lenhug

lenhug

Definitely, will hang light lower. I have some suggestions that came with tent which I'll post for confirmation / agreement.

lenhug

lenhug

Here you go, do these seem about right to start with (if a little confusing)? They make sense to me but as always, open to any input or thoughts.

Think I'd go with the bottom, light setup adjustments to start with and get Photone to read and dial it in more as I learn.

20231117 213405

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Ok, big decision to make quickly (always the best way...lol!) this morning. Off away to Palm Springs for three days with the family and debating whether I should leave the seedlings under the light whilst away or just let them chill by the windows in my study till back.

I don't have time to setup (or even understand) the controller programming (for light, fans etc) before leaving but I do have a basic timer I can plug the lights in to that I was using overnight for my other grows before so can easily do an 18/6. Thinking do that and leave a few flaps open for airflow top and bottom. Should be ok surely?

I think Ive talked myself in to it. Gotta try these things haven't we?

*He who dares Rodney, he who dares!

@Greenjourneyman
@Captspaulding
@Choppr
@SchwiftyGrower

*Classic UK TV comedy ref there for you! Brownie points if you can guess it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Ok, big decision to make quickly (always the best way...lol!) this morning. Off away to Palm Springs for three days with the family and debating whether I should leave the seedlings under the light whilst away or just let them chill by the windows in my study till back.

I don't have time to setup (or even understand) the controller programming (for light, fans etc) before leaving but I do have a basic timer I can plug the lights in to that I was using overnight for my other grows before so can easily do an 18/6. Thinking do that and leave a few flaps open for airflow top and bottom. Should be ok surely?

I think Ive talked myself in to it. Gotta try these things haven't we?

*He who dares Rodney, he who dares!

@Greenjourneyman
@Captspaulding
@Choppr
@SchwiftyGrower

*Classic UK TV comedy ref there for you! Brownie points if you can guess it.
You should be fine buddy.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
These are the calming words I needed to hear! 😉

Gonna stick on v low intensity, maybe even 20% (not 40%) and 1.5ft above as suggested further up.
I would raise it more to be on the side of caution. I veg at 2.5 - 3 ft.
Safer than sorry you know?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Actually, sod that, I'll do 40% and see what happens. Don't want them to stretch.
It won’t make them stretch like crazy. Your only gone 3 days. I keep mine high and at 40%

IMG 0151
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Only goes in increments of 20! 😄
Well, then my hands are tied, 20% would be better here. They are still tiny. All will be well man. No worries. You would be better off with slower growth while you are gone. It’s what I would do.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks again. Apologies for the stupid questions!
A question is never stupid unless you ask it 3 times in my book! Have a safe trip, and a great turkey day with the fam.
Hit me up when you get back, I’d love to see the growth change!

Latest posts

Top Bottom