help! i split my stem by accident i dont know what to do or how bad it is

• Thread starter sebreed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudBallet

Medical tape is great for less gnarly splits.
In the future you can actually pre game a zip tie to keep manifolds from splitting.
I do it at the most stressed points ahead of time. Works great
Have you noticed any difference in recovery time or overall plant health with these techniques? It’s always interesting to see how others are refining their methods.

Keep up the great work, and happy growing!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Have you noticed any difference in recovery time or overall plant health with these techniques? It’s always interesting to see how others are refining their methods.

Keep up the great work, and happy growing!
Thanks homie!
So it’s tough for me to call really, I have a predisposition to never leave shit alone, 110 lil ladies gives me plenty of time to fiddle with everything, compounding methods that go against general consensus. but long story short, I don’t yield chase, I’m never in a hurry to finish plants either. So I have a pretty steady even handed approach to it. A tip Mainlining a plant, you see all types of pics online off plants after a aggressive defol and they almost freeze in time space and do t get bigger, with just a node or two to drive veg that’s not optimal, and one of the main detractors for new folks. mainline like 👍🏻 ts a normal veg, the. By the time week 4 rolls around you plant have been vegged hard while maintains the benefits of stacked cola production from stalks that are now bare.

F

fishmon

this is my first ever grow. im worried ive killed my entire plant
I think you'll find a split like that won't faze it. Sure, you can tape, zip-tie, hell I've even used heater hose clamps. Shoring it up is more about preventing it from getting worse rather than trying to repair it. It's happened to me several times and I've yet to see any signs that the plant even notices it. All is well.

Beazy

Beazy

You might want to remove the cling wrap now that you zip tied it. If it’s getting black under the wrap it could be molding

Bilber

Bilber

Not that it will, but that stem split is or can be very stressful, so keep an eye out for herming....again, you'll probably slide right through with ease, but be vigilant about the male parts poppin.....it can be as fast as a week after stress to produce nans......

Top Bottom