How can I fix this issue?

• Thread starter Catdad717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Catdad717

Hey all. So im as new as new can get. Im a week and a half into my first grow and I think I hit an over water issue. Im also not to confident in the soil condition. It feels a bit harder than I feel it should.

Can yall confirm if this is an over water issue? And what can I do to fix this? Do I just leave it be? I cut drain holes out of the bottom. Should i make more? Is it too late?

Thanks everyone!
How can i fix this issue

How can i fix this issue 2
How can i fix this issue 3
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

What media are you using? Here's the drain holes I cut/burn in solos. Works well.

Solo holes

Newty

Newty

If you think it's way over watered and if the soil is currently pretty wet, you can transplant into a bigger pot/container with soil that's dryer and the should see improvement in a day or 2.
Make sure your soil isn't compacted either.

Next time, I would fill the cup right up with soil instead of part way so the roots have more space to grow. It could of also prevented the over watering a little since there would be more soil to absorb the excess water.

C

Catdad717

If you think it's way over watered and if the soil is currently pretty wet, you can transplant into a bigger pot/container with soil that's dryer and the should see improvement in a day or 2.
Make sure your soil isn't compacted either.

Next time, I would fill the cup right up with soil instead of part way so the roots have more space to grow. It could of also prevented the over watering a little since there would be more soil to absorb the excess water.
Ahh appreciate. I was thinking of maybe moving it to a 1gal fabric i had. I have bioflower for main soil. If the soil the plant is in now feels maybe compacted.. is there anything i can do? Or let it drain out in the bioflower soil first?

C

Catdad717

A root was showing coming out the cup. So i transferred to a 1gal .. i am a little.l nervous cause the soil was breaking off the roots. But i out it in great white myccorhizae with the soil. So hopefully that will keep it from popping the bed overnight.

20240404 195543
20240404 195835
Newty

Newty

A root was showing coming out the cup. So i transferred to a 1gal .. i am a little.l nervous cause the soil was breaking off the roots. But i out it in great white myccorhizae with the soil. So hopefully that will keep it from popping the bed overnight.
I think transplanting was a good call and the roots coming through already was the reason I said fill those cups right up next time.

C

Catdad717

I think transplanting was a good call and the roots coming through already was the reason I said fill those cups right up next time.
Yeaaa like a day or 2 after i knew it was gonna be an issue. A day or 2 ago i was already wondering if i shoulda did this. Im hoping after a few days from doing this. Itll rebound.. how often should i water it and how much?

Top Bottom