How do you dry your plants?

• Thread starter JKash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So there are many ways of drying a plant and how do you do it... I have low Rh so I hang dry whole plant untouched...

I read a slow dry is better between 14-21 days.... if low Rh room you want to leave fan leaves on but if Rh is High you want to remove fan leaves... normally I'll dry in my tent but I created an issue of not having room anymore...

Tobacco companies keep there dry and cure methods secret a d proprietary... would like insight from them

How do you dry your plants
K

Kamisama

I do A grade buds in fridge for wine for 12-14 days. Rest like u in 55-60% RH and drying around 10 days without fan leaves. I dont wait until stem break easilly to prove its fully dry.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I run my grow space at 30%rh... Im in a basement so it prevents mold growth from starting... I found that temps under 60 starts to decay terps...

BuggzNuggz

BuggzNuggz

I've done a few different methods depending on plant and bud density. I like slow dry especially if it's a high potency strain. These two are both high thc percentage so they will be bout 3 weeks temp in the 70s and rh 56-61%
20231003 203018
20231003 203047

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's important to dry (and cure) in darkness because lack of light deactivates chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is what creates the hay-like taste. I use a grow tent for drying because it's completely dark inside. A tent also can provide control of the climate inside.

Another thing to keep in mind is that buds tend not to dry evenly. The inside dries slower than the outside. That's often a problem when the drying temperature is too high. After the drying stage, when the buds are put in bags or jars, the humidity equalizes throughout the buds. So, one way to check the humidity of the buds is to put some in a jar with a hygrometer and let the inside stabilize. It may take a few hours up to a day, but it's an accurate method.

I've read folks say that 60% RH and 60℉ are optimal settings for drying, and I believe it. I have trouble getting there, though. Usually, my temperature is more like 70º and my RH is close to 50%. That's because I do my growing inside our house and the air conditioning is set for human comfort. It seems to work okay, though.

TexasMade

TexasMade

I'm just curious, doesnt seen strange to have 60 humidity when you are drying? Please help

Natep

Natep

I dry in the same tent I grow in. Hang it right above the bed it was grown in. Turn off the lights and set the humidity to 60%

900E16FF A8D8 41C5 A9C6 78AC3EE0555B
Top Bottom