I need help with seedling care

• Thread starter Mazzdog66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Can someone help me with baby steps on seedlings, I've tried a few times and never make it past 3" tall?

This is what I have for next try:

- 3 Cactus feminized seeds
- Phlizon 600W LED Grow Light - I added a dimmer and dim all way down for 2-weeks
- Light = 18" above seedlings
- Soil Fox Farm Ocean Forest
- Placed in Solo cup with 5 holes drilled in bottom
- Germinate in wet paper towel in dark area
- Plant when tail is about 1/4-1/2"
- I place plastic wrap over the solo cup until a couple days after the seedlings appear
- Lighting is 18 on / 6 off

Any advice is really appreciated

Z

Zill

What happens?

Do you see any tissue discoloration of the stem near soil line?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Top Ones dead sry to say
Possibly dried out to much.

The other looks good but you should of filled the cup with more soil so the plants higher up as the sides shade it nvm it’s no biggie.
alou it will make watering a tad harder

Stop misting.

Soil looks dry on top unsure when that was last watered it might need watering with so little soil I’d transplant up

Keep us updated as you go along am sure we can get you past 3”
There’s a lotta wise men ready to help 🙂

Last edited:
E

Eclipted

Once you take that plastic wrap off the solo cup give them a shot glass worth of water. Their roots have started developing and the misting doesn’t give them enough water. They mist dries out relatively quickly and your young plants just can’t go long without water. Also, fox farm is hot soil. Idk how well seedlings respond to being put in it. Try using happy frog instead. It’s lighter on the nutes and more seedling friendly. For the one surviving I’d give her some water and see how she does. Maybe 3 days later give another water. Better now to give water a day early than a day late yknow? Best of luck growmie

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Top Ones dead sry to say
Possibly dried out to much.

The other looks good but you should of filled the cup with more soil so the plants higher up as the sides shade it nvm it’s no biggie.
alou it will make watering a tad harder

Stop misting.

Soil looks dry on top unsure when that was last watered it might need watering with so little soil I’d transplant up

Keep us updated as you go along am sure we can get you past 3”
There’s a lotta wise men ready to help 🙂
thank you

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Once you take that plastic wrap off the solo cup give them a shot glass worth of water. Their roots have started developing and the misting doesn’t give them enough water. They mist dries out relatively quickly and your young plants just can’t go long without water. Also, fox farm is hot soil. Idk how well seedlings respond to being put in it. Try using happy frog instead. It’s lighter on the nutes and more seedling friendly. For the one surviving I’d give her some water and see how she does. Maybe 3 days later give another water. Better now to give water a day early than a day late yknow? Best of luck growmie
Thank you, really appreciate it

E

Eclipted

Of course Brotha. I’m on my third grow finna start my fourth and I still struggle with the seedling stage. If you can make it past that tho, you can finish the plant out

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Of course Brotha. I’m on my third grow finna start my fourth and I still struggle with the seedling stage. If you can make it past that tho, you can finish the plant out
Thanks! Been an enjoyer for 40+ years and decided I needed a hobby, so started growing. I'm enjoying it but would really like to have a few nice plants.

E

Eclipted

Be careful. Somebody on here told me once that smoking weed isn’t addictive, but growing it sure is! And boy were they right lol. I changed my whole career path and now want to be a grower.

That first vid is from March 10th the second from April 5th. And that was growth from plants that weren’t even being taken care of properly.

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Be careful. Somebody on here told me once that smoking weed isn’t addictive, but growing it sure is! And boy were they right lol. I changed my whole career path and now want to be a grower.

That first vid is from March 10th the second from April 5th. And that was growth from plants that weren’t even being taken care of properly.
Wow they look great, looks they healed up nice

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Once you get going and start harvesting you won’t believe the amount of money you save growing your own.
Once you get used to it and get to see what properly grown buds look like you’ll probably never buy dealer weed again 🙂
Thanks! Been an enjoyer for 40+ years and decided I needed a hobby, so started growing. I'm enjoying it but would really like to have a few nice plants.

Mazzdog66

Mazzdog66

Once you get going and start harvesting you won’t believe the amount of money you save growing your own.
Once you get used to it and get to see what properly grown buds look like you’ll probably never buy dealer weed again 🙂
Looking forward to it!!!!

Top Bottom