Indian Skunk - brickbat buds, no trichs...?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

My mate is growing this one....two enormous colas but has little or no trich production. I should have taken close ups but it was lights off and at the back of the tent.

Anyone know if it's normal for the strain, or if it's a dud pheno? He seems to think that the plant spent all its energy in getting big without the trichs. It's under a 600w HPS, in coco, Canna Roja nutes.....everything else in the tent is joy....but that plant is weird...

Any ideas?

Indian skunk   brickbat buds no trichs
Indian skunk   brickbat buds no trichs 2
B

British_Hempire

Looks fairly normal to me, the Keralan sativa Sam used in Indian Skunk is a long flowering plant with similarities to Thai, and that plant looks to have a few weeks left by all the white pistils. It's not unusual for a sativa to not have much visible resin until the last 2-3 weeks of flower so I would expect to see the resin appear from now on in. I think he's got a bit of salt buildup going on, judging by the frying of some of the leaves, I'd cut out all nitrogen now and just give her some PK13-14 unti he begins the flush, then give them molasses for the first half of the flush.

Folks have become fixated on high visible resin coverage due to the wow factor of posting a very sparkly pic on the internet, but high resin coverage is not a good indicator of potency, some of the most powerful plants I have experienced have not had a lot of resin as with trichomes it's definitely a case of quality mattering more than quantity.

F

FastForward

Wicked news, cheers BH....he's given up hope of smoking it so I'm sure he'll be dead chuffed to find out it might be great.

B

British_Hempire

It might end up not great but it might frost up in the last coupla weeks, fingers crossed for ya mate!

Top Bottom