Just a week til harvest, I think!

• Thread starter jbo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bigbaldmike

Hey all. See video. It’s my first outdoor plant (Afghan Big Bud). Did all I could to take care of her. Light/position in yard, nutrients appropriate for vegetative then flowering stages. She started flowering early Aug (first pistils) and now I’m just amazed.

Looked at terpenes with jewelers loupe a couple days ago and very few are cloudy, most clear, none amber. I’m leaving for a week next Fri so hoping they go cloudy by then so I can chop her and get her hanging inside for that week. Again, see video! Thoughts? ABB strain is known to have a relatively short flowering cycle.
Hey all. See video. It’s my first outdoor plant (Afghan Big Bud). Did all I could to take care of her. Light/position in yard, nutrients appropriate for vegetative then flowering stages. She started flowering early Aug (first pistils) and now I’m just amazed.

Looked at terpenes with jewelers loupe a couple days ago and very few are cloudy, most clear, none amber. I’m leaving for a week next Fri so hoping they go cloudy by then so I can chop her and get her hanging inside for that week. Again, see video! Thoughts? ABB strain is known to have a relatively short flowering cycle.
Yeah, you’re several weeks out till harvest time. Don’t rush it, those colas will get much bigger and denser if just wait it out. Looks good though! Enjoy your efforts…

J

jbo420

Well, it’s done. I harvested yesterday because heavy rain/thunderstorms forecast so I pulled her out before they hit and really drench the buds.

The trichomes continued to cloud up more and more this past week with maybe 25% amber so it was probably time or close enough. I’ll hang the buds/branches to dry for a week, then trim/cure.

Thanks to all for the help/advice on a fairly successful first grow for Afghan BB au naturale in the yard, May-Oct. Pics attached, a day out of the ground. Looking like I’ll get several ounces out of this one plant! (And yes, my workshop stinks fantastic)

IMG 3432
IMG 3433
IMG 3434
IMG 3435
J

jbo420

So I have a question having produced about 11 ounces from the single plant. The quality of the bud appears to be very good, and the trichomed turned about half amber. Nice smell/frost on the buds! Let the curing process begin. All is well that ends well right?

Well the buds have seeds in them! Not a ton, but they are there nonetheless. So was this particular feminized photoperiod plant (for which the seed bank provided me ‘feminized’ seeds) a hermaphrodite or something?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I have a question having produced about 11 ounces from the single plant. The quality of the bud appears to be very good, and the trichomed turned about half amber. Nice smell/frost on the buds! Let the curing process begin. All is well that ends well right?

Well the buds have seeds in them! Not a ton, but they are there nonetheless. So was this particular feminized photoperiod plant (for which the seed bank provided me ‘feminized’ seeds) a hermaphrodite or something?
no not necessarily probably from some sort of stress the plant went through..

J

jbo420

Pollen travels miles, nature brings them together.
Then maybe a neighbor is growing dope too and has a male in with his, ha.

I also searched around and came up with terms like hermaphrodite. Someone else said stress can make supposedly female plants generate seeds. Ok. Oh well whatever. It’s been a great experiment and I grew a beautiful plant au naturale that just happened to generate some seeds in her buds in the process. Ah well.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Damned spores. I guess indoor grow rooms/setups DO have certain advantages but glad my amateur outdoor effort has done this well. Neem treatment starts today.
Doc understand indoor/outdoor are different beast. They both have + and -. Indoor can be manipulated so many different ways. Outdoors you have to find strains for your environment. Not to say you won't have any issues, just more of a chance a better outcome. Keep growing, growmie ✌️🌲💯

Top Bottom