Outdoor grow in Southeast Michigan 2024

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Yea, helps protect against pests also. I generally did a 1:1 with 3%. Some people dilute even higher concentrations but to me thats flying a little close to the sun.
i completely missed the h202 part, leading me to completely misunderstand what you were saying lmao. (i was drinking beers while combing forums again last night :x )

ill keep this in mind, i threw a couple indicas out this year for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
cpurola

cpurola

Just read this article today, so I don't think I'll be raided for my 40 plants any time soon. 😁

Illegal marijuana grow of any size only a misdemeanor in Michigan, court rules​

“We conclude that the (2018 law) was enacted to prevent situations like that which we are presented with here, in which the prosecution seeks a felony conviction for an unlicensed marijuana grow operation,” said the joint opinion issued by Court of Appeals judges Michelle M. Rick and Kirsten Frank Kelly. “We acknowledge this outcome may be viewed unjust by those businesses that legitimately operate within the parameters of the (law). The remedy, however, lies within the sole responsibility of the Legislature.”

cpurola

cpurola

Hubby cut the grass today then picked it up. I put it around the flowers, tomatoes and weed.
20240521 170830

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

If you use grass clippings keep in mind the critters like it too. When I rake mine in the fall there is a whole menagerie on the top of the soil, but that's fine as long as they don't eat on my plants. 😉
For a healthy niche holding plant species, insect life, even if there's *some baddies around feeding on the plant, Imho is a good thing.

The presence of a healthy thriving ecosystem around your plants actually helps in controlling pest populations counterintuitively. When your plants don't stand out like sore thumbs to the pest species, they spend more time moving from plant to plant, and less time housing themselves up.

A good example of this is how guerilla growers planting inside succession zones at the ended of forest lines or on the edges of a flood planes, and how rarely if ever do these grows suffer blanketed infestations of anything even if completely untreated, but you can almost *always find unwanted pests on these plants whenever you want, but rarely are they a grow altering problem. There's just too much other attractive vegetation around them. If you don't leave an exit ramp, nothing will take it. You have to exterminate it all instead

Natural mulching with forest floor detritus and grass clippings/leafs is a really effective way to accomplish that.

Last edited:
TreeBee

TreeBee

For a healthy niche holding plant species, insect life, even if there's *some baddies around feeding on the plant, Imho is a good thing.

The presence of a healthy thriving ecosystem around your plants actually helps in controlling pest populations counterintuitively. When your plants don't stand out like sore thumbs to the pest species, they spend more time moving from plant to plant, and less time housing themselves up.

A good example of this is how guerilla growers planting inside succession zones at the ended of forest lines or on the edges of a flood planes, and how rarely if ever do these grows suffer blanketed infestations of anything even if completely untreated, but you can almost *always find unwanted pests on these plants whenever you want, but rarely are they a grow altering problem. There's just too much other attractive vegetation around them. If you don't leave an exit ramp, nothing will take it. You have to exterminate it all instead
I believe this is why I suffer little with pests in my veggy garden. It's very wild left to go natural all around me so the bugs and the deer don't bother me much. If your garden is the only good thing to eat in a sea of grass than you have made a buffet 😅

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

There is one of those rascals beside my driveway right now 😅
Also why indoor preventative treatment come fall is critical. Pest will find their way to the green that's left if not prevented.

Most people that catch spider mites indoor usually catch them when the leaves start falling off the trees and the grasses start browning, or during dry periods of peak summer heat, and this is not at all coincidence.

If you catch spider mites in spring/early summer, it's usually because you inadvertently brought them in yourself, probably on your own body after being outside. Indoors they have no broken path to freedom. Spider mites actually have a list of plants they'd rather be on then cannabis, it's just once trapped on plants, they're trapped on plants lol

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

No not yet began a new one. I've got both indoor and outdoor grows going at the moment. I've not made a decision on how i'd combine both grows into a diary i don't have the energy of wanting to do 2 different ones.
Unless you're journaling elsewhere or by hand a Grow Diary here will give you a record of your grows with pictures even if you only update once a week. One Diary: Indoor today.... then Outdoor today....

Easy😉

Top Bottom