Please help! First time grower and the babies are sick 😩

• Thread starter Bradley2K
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bradley2K

Wondering if anybody can tell me what’s wrong with them. Growing in coco and using Canna A and B, any help would be much appreciated

Please help first time grower and the babies are sick
Please help first time grower and the babies are sick 2
Please help first time grower and the babies are sick 3
Please help first time grower and the babies are sick 4
Please help first time grower and the babies are sick 5
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud. Can you take the pictures under normal lights for us. We can see the plants look much better that way.
Relax we got your back.

Did you wash the coco and buffer it?

B

Bradley2K

Cheers mate,
Are these any better?
I used canna coco plus which is apparently pre washed, they’re about 4 weeks from seed.
I didn’t give them any nutrients for 3 weeks and then panicked because they started looking l like that and probably gave them 2 half doses of A and B over the past week, plus some cannazym and rhizoctonic. I’m pretty sure the PH was fine but now I have no faith in the reader. Environment is taking some time to get dialled in, but I don’t think it’s terrible. But what do I know 😂
I also have 2 other about 2 weeks behind these that are ok right now. Everything I fed the sick 2 I fed the younger 2 at the same time.

IMG 3148
IMG 3147
IMG 3146
IMG 3145
IMG 3139
IMG 3138
IMG 3141
IMG 3143
IMG 3149
B

Bradley2K

Also I’m using 600 watt HPS lights but I was running them on 200 watt for the majority so far and only recently turned them to 400, I also raised them, check temps by plants and use an app to measure the light stuff 😂

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd say give them a touch of Cal-mag. I'm always suspicious about calcium with coco.
See if the problem stops developing.

B

Bradley2K

I'd say give them a touch of Cal-mag. I'm always suspicious about calcium with coco.
See if the problem stops developing.
Ok I thought that might be the case. But the water in my area is really hard, so you think that might be an issue?

FirstLight

FirstLight

Ok I thought that might be the case. But the water in my area is really hard, so you think that might be an issue?
Chiming in here.

When I grew in Coco I had similar issues. Besides the great advice of adding some Cal-Mag I suggest water filtration.
Reverse Osmosis is what I use. My water comes in Very hard.
PH is also key. Have you measured the PPM of your ferts? That could also be helpful.
If I remember correct I was going 1.2 PPM

In the future, I would still pre wash any coco coir. Trust doesn't come easy.

Top Bottom