Promise last time I ask!

• Thread starter Marlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marlie

Marlie

Sooooooo close to bud! Maybe it’s because I’m old and can’t see or maybe it’s because I’m so new at this, but I just cannot tell even with a loop if I have amber trichomes. What do you guys think? Chop chop or a few more days? Strain is gelato fem photo day 79 of flowering

Promise last time i ask
Promise last time i ask 2
Promise last time i ask 3
BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Very hard to say without a close-up, can you position your loupe so you can take a picture of the trichs on a few different buds?
As another has said, I also see some amber in some of the buds, maybe its just the lighting but this is what I am talking about, in the middle of this screen shot of your bud. Maybe its the lighting but I swear I can see some amber, as another user has already said.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is what it looks like now. And you could harvest it now if you wanted but after all the work you put into it from cracking seed. Planting and tending to seedlings. All the tender loving care threw veg and now 1/2 way threw flowering you want to harvest her.

I know when you look at it, it sparkles a bit and your all exited. I'm just saying, Be patient and let her sugar up first.
Harvest her when those buds look like this in 2 or 3 more weeks. It's up to you.

Last edited:
Bilber

Bilber

Some like seeing amber in the bud....anywhere upto 30%.....

Some chop if they even think the plant is going to start ambering.....( this kid )

The problem with chopping early is you lose so much weight.....you have to find the balance you like,that fits you....all strains are different...keep that in mind.....

I'll chop whenever I feel like chopping.....I'm not other growers.....it has been my style since I've started......sorry for blowing up your thread.....

Marlie

Marlie

Some like seeing amber in the bud....anywhere upto 30%.....

Some chop if they even think the plant is going to start ambering.....( this kid )

The problem with chopping early is you lose so much weight.....you have to find the balance you like,that fits you....all strains are different...keep that in mind.....

I'll chop whenever I feel like chopping.....I'm not other growers.....it has been my style since I've started......sorry for blowing up your thread.....
No apology needed!! I totally respect the varying opinions and welcome them. We all learn from it!

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

im in the same boat, my auto's are close, but i want the high, so do i harvest sooner or later, ive read later u lose the mojo...

C

ChroniCultivator

Sooooooo close to bud! Maybe it’s because I’m old and can’t see or maybe it’s because I’m so new at this, but I just cannot tell even with a loop if I have amber trichomes. What do you guys think? Chop chop or a few more days? Strain is gelato fem photo day 79 of flowering
If you’re still unsure, maybe wait a day or two and check again. It’s amazing how much can change in just a couple of days at this stage.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
In some cases, even longer.
True. The importance, however, is in the waiting. It's the hardest part. I usually prefer a late harvest, but didn't know that I did till I fought off the urge to harvest early.

I have two clones in veg now that I'm thinking of harvesting a few weeks apart so I can compare the difference. I've done that before with the same strain, but not with clones. It might make an interesting blend, as well.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Nice job it looks great! You could cut it right now, but if you're looking for more Amber flush it and reassess in 5 days.

F

fishmon

True. The importance, however, is in the waiting. It's the hardest part. I usually prefer a late harvest, but didn't know that I did till I fought off the urge to harvest early.

I have two clones in veg now that I'm thinking of harvesting a few weeks apart so I can compare the difference. I've done that before with the same strain, but not with clones. It might make an interesting blend, as well.

Did you pollinate that plant ?? Looks seeded
I agree with beazy. She's got some plump calyxes for sure.

Top Bottom