Seedlings! Show your babies!!! 😆

• Thread starter GoldenDragondnw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
A few of my phenohunts I recently started.
3 Rootbeer Rockcandy Bx1 at day 7 in soil (back two/front right, had poor germination with these, getting two free packs sent to me)
20231225 205827

SubZero S1's at day 7 in soil
20231227 061739

Chocolate Hashberry CBD at day 7
20231219 171803

3 Golden Pupil from Mass Medical/Bodhi collab in the front, 3 Bruce Banner #3 S1's from Dark Horse and 3 clones I just got from @Trustfall
20231231 113045

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
These three plants will be grown in my two tents. The two Bubblegum plants will grow in the 2x4. The one Acapulco Gold will grow in the 2x2 tent. The numbers indicate how many times I've grown the strain. This is the first time I've grown Bubblegum. (Free seeds.) It's the third time I've grown Acapulco Gold, which is one of my wife's favorites.

I had a difficult time starting seeds this time, so they're all different ages. I had to stop and rethink to figure out what I was doing wrong. Each of these were done differently as I was trying different things. I've never had so much difficulty. Some of the seeds were the problem. All of the seeds from the same $75 purchase failed. There are a few left, so I might try them again next grow.

Bubblegum #1
This one vigorously sprang to life. It stretched a bit, so I increased the power of the light. This one was started in a paper towel and planted in FF Light Warrior. Then it was top dressed with my soil mix.

Bubblegum #2
This is the youngest of the group. It's growing slowly. Even though it looks small, it already has roots coming out the bottom. This seed was started using the paper towel method and is growing in my soil mix.

Acapulco Gold #3
This one germinated in FF Light Warrior. (No paper towel involved.) It was then top dressed with my soil mix.

E9noxis

E9noxis

These three plants will be grown in my two tents. The two Bubblegum plants will grow in the 2x4. The one Acapulco Gold will grow in the 2x2 tent. The numbers indicate how many times I've grown the strain. This is the first time I've grown Bubblegum. (Free seeds.) It's the third time I've grown Acapulco Gold, which is one of my wife's favorites.

I had a difficult time starting seeds this time, so they're all different ages. I had to stop and rethink to figure out what I was doing wrong. Each of these were done differently as I was trying different things. I've never had so much difficulty. Some of the seeds were the problem. All of the seeds from the same $75 purchase failed. There are a few left, so I might try them again next grow.

Bubblegum #1
This one vigorously sprang to life. It stretched a bit, so I increased the power of the light. This one was started in a paper towel and planted in FF Light Warrior. Then it was top dressed with my soil mix.
View attachment 2094752

Bubblegum #2
This is the youngest of the group. It's growing slowly. Even though it looks small, it already has roots coming out the bottom. This seed was started using the paper towel method and is growing in my soil mix.
View attachment 2094753

Acapulco Gold #3
This one germinated in FF Light Warrior. (No paper towel involved.) It was then top dressed with my soil mix.
View attachment 2094754
I've also been having germination problems lately

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
If you are having germ problems may I suggest trying a different method?

I tried many before I found the methods that work for me. Usually I just stick em in the dirt. 😆
That's how I finally did it. I also read recommendations for using the same soil to start as they'll grow in. That made me wonder if that would help avoid transplant shock.

E9noxis

E9noxis

My only issue with sticking them straight into the soil is I don't think seeds want suck a nutrient rich environment.

My current attempt for germination is a 24 hour soak, the paper towel method and then a nutrient free soil. I'll move them to their actual grow soil when they eat their first leaves. I forgot the name of the leaves. I'm not googling right now. Starts with a c

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
My only issue with sticking them straight into the soil is I don't think seeds want suck a nutrient rich environment.

My current attempt for germination is a 24 hour soak, the paper towel method and then a nutrient free soil. I'll move them to their actual grow soil when they eat their first leaves. I forgot the name of the leaves. I'm not googling right now. Starts with a c
Cotyledons cool man!

Top Bottom