strange hybrid question need opinions

• Thread starter Mikegolfer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mikegolfer

short description;
friend/grower gave me seeds from a strain he had previously grown and told me they were Sativa.
Leaves were purely Indica (short, fat and wide all through veg) 4 weeks into flower and fan leaves are a mix of Indica and Sativa. I've never seen or heard of this before. Just curious and hello all.
Indoor, 4 months old - 4 weeks into flower
Started lights at 18-6, and slowly reduced to 12-12.
Approx. 4 1/2 feet tall, (cropped it during veg state for 2 colas)

Galgrows

Galgrows

It looks to me like a hybrid maybe it leans more towards sativa but it's not a pure sativa

M

MobileMan

it's probably a polyhybrid

I used to get confused too. I did some research and managed to get a better grasp on the different types. It seems that leaf shape isn't a clear indication anymore because of all the hybridization. It also helps to understand some of the terms then you can match what you see to what you have read from the experts.

have a read of these articles

different seed types 1

different seed types 2

genetics terms

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Leaves were purely Indica (short, fat and wide all through veg) 4 weeks into flower and fan leaves are a mix of Indica and Sativa. I've never seen or heard of this before.
I've seen it, but haven't given it much thought. It just made intuitive sense that a hybrid could show mixed traits.

ccoki

ccoki

More often than not I find my plants pick a parent and stick with it for a few grows then they change......but when its like a super polyhybrid mixed up a bunch, they do wild chit like this, popping out a variety of leaf shapes all in one grow.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

maybe from this point on out of respect you could refer to it as they/them

Top Bottom