Tumble stumbles upon a Spider Farmer clip on fan.. Growing Blue Cheese, North Thunderfuck, Cali Blues, and Bruce Banner #2

• Thread starter Tumbleweed375
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Baby blue is pretty dumb. Last blue cheese seed I have, so if she gets plucked I have a few ideas that might work in her place.

The other babies are happy. I'm giving lil fucker a couple hours of unrestricted light today. She's taking a look behind the curtain. Just test... i think she'll like it.
They are all in that same order, but i want to switch them up a little. I want the bluecheese to get more wind on her trunk and leaves.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Science!

I accidentally folded lil fucker in half this morning.. Hey, this thread is about showing the good, the bad, and the ugly... right? Maybe a little heavy on the ugly..

Well, let's turn it into an experiment..

Something I've done on a bunch of other plants (not cannabis and admittedly much woodier stems) is wrap a split branch, or stalk, with some scotch tape. The cheaper the tape the better. No 3M fancy stuff. We want the type of adhesive that will fall off after 1 or 2 light mists with water.

We want to ensure that the cambium has a physical connection between the bottom of the seedling (roots) and the top (leaves). Same idea when we were talking about grafting. This isn't cannabis but clearly shows the anatomy of a stem. Just picture instead of the wood center of this apple branch you see the soft pith of a cannabis stem.
Screenshot 20240115 112558 Chrome

The cambium always looks pretty similar. Usually a little white layer between the bark and the wood of the branch. Basically that's your nutrient superhighway. Lucky for us plants drive their nutes up the stalk like Evel Knievel, and as long as it's lined up the nutes can make the jump and will eventually repair the highway.. so we will hope for the best.

The rest of the ladies are looking happy. Looking forward to their haircut.

Bilber

Bilber

Consider what you did was called lst......

Essentially you trained her......albeit too early, but trained nonetheless......

Hopefully she pulls through......I don't doubt she will......but.....

Knowing more about stressing the plants, just keep an eye on her if she makes it, it could, slim as anything, turn herm because of the stress induced that early......

Roll with it.....

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Consider what you did was called lst......

Essentially you trained her......albeit too early, but trained nonetheless......

Hopefully she pulls through......I don't doubt she will......but.....

Knowing more about stressing the plants, just keep an eye on her if she makes it, it could, slim as anything, turn herm because of the stress induced that early......

Roll with it.....
good thing to note! I will keep track of that... maybe a new breeding technique in my book. Smash a seedling and hope for the best

sourorangedieselkush

sourorangedieselkush

Hello Farmers,

I'm going to be doing things a bit differently this time. I have 6 seedlings (just hitting veg now), 4 different strains in the Mobile Marijuana Unit. More plants... and More Strains.... Less problems? That doesn't sound right, but I like the way it sounds so I'm going to roll with it.

I have:
2x Bruce Banner #2
2x Cali Blues bred by @Captspaulding
1x Blue Cheese - RQS
1x North Thunderfuck - RQS

They were all put into the 1g plastic pots on 12/14/2023.

Soil - Fertilome Ultimate Potting mix and maybe 25% perlite.
Nutes - Fox Farm. So far they only had a tsp of cal mag in 1 g of water. 250ml each pot. will give details on nutes and feeding as we go along if anything changes.
Hardware -
Tent= 2'x2'x6'​
Light= AC infinity 2x2 100w​
Inline exhaust fan= 4" AC Infinity
Oscillating fan= 6" AC Infinity and 6" Spider Farmer
CO2 = Exhale bag​
Carbon filter = 4"​
Humidifier = Cloudforge T3​

I have to start this by giving a shout out to @SpiderFarmerLED for the awesome giveaways and supporting the community! I won the clip on fan, and I gotta say it is super quiet... I know all the fans say they are quiet, but look at this vs. my ac infinity.
This video shows the Spider Farmer fan at 1 then crank it to the max:

View attachment 2096390

Now the AC Infinity... The fan motor itself isn't loud, but there is a crazy loud clicking during oscillation. Anyone else experience this?
Here is is at 1:
View attachment 2096409

And here it is cranked to 10:

View attachment 2096413

Here are the plants! With the different strains and different potentially different heights i decided to build this little wire bleacher stand. Will update the frame a bit when I check my scrap pile and find some pieces to build it.

Left to right.
Top row: Cali Blues - Blue Cheese
Middle row: Cali Blues - Bruce Banner #2
Bottom row: North Thunderfuck - Bruce Banner #2
View attachment 2096417

Like the setup and they are lookin great.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

First shelf of the veg unit is set. The middle will be for clones/seedlings. Top shelf veg. Eventually i will build an acrylic box arount the middle shelf to keep rh where the babies want it. Then i will get a grow light to hang above the veg shelf. Still haven't decided yet.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
First shelf of the veg unit is set. The middle will be for clones/seedlings. Top shelf veg. Eventually i will build an acrylic box arount the middle shelf to keep rh where the babies want it. Then i will get a grow light to hang above the veg shelf. Still haven't decided yet.

View attachment 2103588
Love those shelves. Super versatile and great for grow applications. Badass little Mobil rig to match your tent!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thanks!
I figure with multiple strains at different flower times it might make sense to have some lined up ready to jump in the flower tent as soon as there is room.
You know you can stagger those selves right? Instead of placing a shelf leaf on all four corners, put it only on 2 of the posts. You can make it bleacher style as long as you don’t load it down, it’ll hold. Just fyi. I used to do that when I was in a tent……

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

You know you can stagger those selves right? Instead of placing a shelf leaf on all four corners, put it only on 2 of the posts. You can make it bleacher style as long as you don’t load it down, it’ll hold. Just fyi. I used to do that when I was in a tent……
Good call! Never thought about that, but it's a really good idea. If i stagger the middle shelf the bottom will have a lot more headroom.. and so would the middle for that matter

Top Bottom