What’s this in the photo?

• Thread starter zoneman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zoneman

Whats this in the photo
What’s this in the photo? It usually hang around soil? What damage does it do to the plant?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Fungus gnats, maybe. I can't tell how big they are.

alexanderAB

alexanderAB

Sorry for the late post but better late than never . I had case of serious fungus gnats infestation in the past and I mean it was a jungle dude , so here is my bio method for killing them b*tches once and for all and you can do this each time you suspect a bag is infested with fungus gnats either adults or larvae .
Adult will not cause arm to your crop except dying on the buds , so if you are growing some runtz , you will have some runtz gnats , or fungus runtz 🤣
The larvae are a big trouble cause they feed on roots .
So my bio method : get some nematodes Steinernema feltiae or Steinernema Carpocapse ( withstand higher temps than feltiae ) usually you will get the stuff in the form of a powder that you will have to mix with water and water all of your pot with it , Steinernema ar a biological predator of the fungus gnats larvae so they will feed on them .
The second way is to use some mites, stratiolaelaps scimitus they are also a good predator of the fungus gnats larvae ,you will get them in adult form they look like tiny red spiders, you combine the two (mites + nematodes ) and under a week there will be no more fungus gnats larvae .
My bio solution is to kill only the larvae now for the adults get some yellow sticky fly trap , adults fungus gnats love to walk around your pots , so put most of them at the pot level and hang some of them in the corner of your grow tent /cabinet .
The goal here is to kill both the adults and the larvae .
I had 100% success each time with this method .
Good luck and happy grow .

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Get some nematodes they will eat the larva in days

De only works well when there’s a few I’ve seen them crawl out the bottom holes when the tops covered in de

The adults will die off once the reproduction cycle has been broken by the nematodes

Leave some sticky yellow paper around as they are attracted to the color yellow

That’s a real bad infestation of gnats they lay their eggs in the soil and the babies eat the roots once they get older they get wings

Top Bottom