What deficiency do you see in this leaf

• Thread starter Jph1953
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

How fast did it appear? If it appeared slowly over a bit of time, yea treat for calcium deficiency.

If this happened rapidly over a day or two, its probably a calcium lockout. Probably caused by acidic turn in the root zone.

A calcium lockout though, generally youll see the serrated margins go black before spots will form in the body of the leaf. Itll also happen very rapidly.

Just giving a watering with a solution buffered up a bit is a better way to resolve a nutrient lockout then a flush. You know what PH the water you flushed was sitting at?

Agree with @Stokes I'd lean toward calcium deficiency over a calcium lockout personally. Although if using tap water, calcium deficiencies are very rare unless your PH is just going all wild from a hgihly acidic fert with no stabilizers or something. But you usually also see some other odd symptoms along side the calcium deficiency symptoms if PH is causing a lockout.

Keep in mind, calcium is an immobile nutrient, fixing the issue will not fix the visible damage on the old leaves, it will just prevent it on the new growth. Look to the new growth for evidence the issue has been resolved.

J

Jph1953

Did you recently up your feed?
Because most nutrition issues occur after a feed change, or right where youre at right now. Up to this point it really only needed nitrogen, and a little phosphorus and potassium. Now that flipped and you need loads (relatively) of p/k and not near as much N. Im not sure what the plant looked like before flush, but unless something drastically changed id say it was hungry more than anything
I did up Vega matrix and add the blossom stuff, so you think if I add cal mag, that it will help ?, thank you again , I have two others plant just started so hopefully I learn from this

J

Jph1953

How fast did it appear? If it appeared slowly over a bit of time, yea treat for calcium deficiency.

If this happened rapidly over a day or two, its probably a calcium lockout. Probably caused by acidic turn in the root zone.

A calcium lockout though, generally youll see the serrated margins go black before spots will form in the body of the leaf. Itll also happen very rapidly.

Just giving a watering with a solution buffered up a bit is a better way to resolve a nutrient lockout then a flush. You know what PH the water you flushed was sitting at?

Agree with @Stokes I'd lean toward calcium deficiency over a calcium lockout personally. Although if using tap water, calcium deficiencies are very rare unless your PH is just going all wild from a hgihly acidic fert with no stabilizers or something. But you usually also see some other odd symptoms along side the calcium deficiency symptoms if PH is causing a lockout.

Keep in mind, calcium is an immobile nutrient, fixing the issue will not fix the visible damage on the old leaves, it will just prevent it on the new growth. Look to the new growth for evidence the issue has been resolved.
I will do this and thanks so much for all advice

J

Jph1953

Here is a picture of it the day I flushed it. I got
Did you recently up your feed?
Because most nutrition issues occur after a feed change, or right where youre at right now. Up to this point it really only needed nitrogen, and a little phosphorus and potassium. Now that flipped and you need loads (relatively) of p/k and not near as much N. Im not sure what the plant looked like before flush, but unless something drastically changed id say it was hungry more than anything
i was told after I flush plant it will need humid acid and phosphorus raw, should I add them to the tea with Vega matrix and flowering mutes, when I feed plant tomorrow

F

fishmon

Curious about the flush results. Did you happen to measure ppm and ph of the runoff?

Top Bottom