What the fuck have I done?? 😭🤣

• Thread starter crypto03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crypto03

Have no idea how I have fucked up I have tried fimming a few days back one looked to be fimmed other one more looked to be topped. I’ll attach photos of before and now current a few days later. They both look like the have continued to grow as if they hadn’t been topped or fimmed is that possible??
(Ignore light burn I fucked up with a brand new light and cooked them abit)

Before…
What the fuck have i do
What the fuck have i do 2

After…

What the fuck have i do 3
What the fuck have i do 4
What the fuck have i do 5
What the fuck have i do 6

What the fuck have i do 7
jdog22

jdog22

yeah youve pinched it and not used a razor ? you didnt top it down enough resulting in deformed leaves from being sqoshed

Newty

Newty

I was meant to fimm both not top, which one looks to be done correct ?
Just curious, is this your first time FIM or topping? Why do you want to FIM over topping?
Remember to sterilize your scissors, hands, etc before doing the process.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
you have other issues you need to address,..
i’ll be back later
Yeah I want to know what you’ve gotta say about the yellow spots , leaves curling and other things

I know what I would say about some of it but not all be interesting to learn 👍

Choppr

Choppr

If your strain has poor/slow "branching habit" (lateral /side branches) plants should always be mainstem topped, this will force those side/lateral branches to catch up., those are where all your top buds will form, Unless your runnin SOG and you have 20 or 100 plants growing straight up to harvest 1 big mainstem Bud?. Most Tent/Home growers (2-10 plants) will top at the 4th node, and then strap down all the "new lateral/side branches", its a good practice to create a multi-topped bush, lots of bud sites. (FIM=Fuck I Missed, doesn't slow them down enough for lateral/side branches to catch up) Anyway, to each their own right! as @GNick55 said you got some other issues that need to be addressed... right on my'dude

C

crypto03

Just curious, is this your first time FIM or topping? Why do you want to FIM over topping?
Remember to sterilize your scissors, hands, etc before doing the process.
Yes first time. I was under the impression topping was for more horizontal growth (which I don’t have) so thought fimming might make taller but not as filed out.

C

crypto03

Yeah I want to know what you’ve gotta say about the yellow spots , leaves curling and other things

I know what I would say about some of it but not all be interesting to learn 👍
I made a mistake my plants were healthy as. First time grower here. I fucked up bad. I fimmed them, transplanted them and replaced my lighting in the same day causing huge stress plus the day was 32 degrees Celsius. I got a new light 150w and I thought I could run it at 100% and cooked them. Turns out at only 50% is ok

B

Budclarkson

If your strain has poor/slow "branching habit" (lateral /side branches) plants should always be mainstem topped, this will force those side/lateral branches to catch up., those are where all your top buds will form, Unless your runnin SOG and you have 20 or 100 plants growing straight up to harvest 1 big mainstem Bud?. Most Tent/Home growers (2-10 plants) will top at the 4th node, and then strap down all the "new lateral/side branches", its a good practice to create a multi-topped bush, lots of bud sites. (FIM=Fuck I Missed, doesn't slow them down enough for lateral/side branches to catch up) Anyway, to each their own right! as @GNick55 said you got some other issues that need to be addressed... right on my'dude
Yeah I did a thread on FIMM vs Top. I won’t be doing FIMM again. I still wound up with a big main stem cola on the FIMM that I wound up LST bend to keep the height uniform.

I cut the FIMm per the guide.
In the end the two were about the same except for the height which was a problem due to the size and smaller tent height. Had to pin the lighting to the top of the tent and turn the intensity down to keep from burning.

B

Budclarkson

I made a mistake my plants were healthy as. First time grower here. I fucked up bad. I fimmed them, transplanted them and replaced my lighting in the same day causing huge stress plus the day was 32 degrees Celsius. I got a new light 150w and I thought I could run it at 100% and cooked them. Turns out at only 50% is ok
Yeah too aggressive. The boys here told me to wait at least a week after cutting. I repotted 1st from 2gal to 5 gal, waited the. Topped/FIMM.

Newty

Newty

Trying new things and making mistakes is all part of learning and all part of the journey.

We've all made them, seasoned growers still make them now and again.

You're here getting help on this forum so that's a step in the right direction.

Just don't put much thought into the way people come off sometimes and try to learn from any criticism instead.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok,. so than keep us posted with daily canopy pictures,.

Top Bottom