What to do with a male?

• Thread starter 2Water
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Water

2Water

So, just discovered one of my plants was a male (confirmed the others are female😉), I dont have anywhere to but it but my back patio, it is about 1 week into flower. Will it continue to flower and i could potentially dust a couple buds, or will going outside stunt it too much and the timing will be off?
What to do with a male 3

What to do with a male
What to do with a male 2
Stokes

Stokes

I would honestly chop it, unless you see some special attribute you want to pass on. You can find males anywhere, i have a knack for it. Ive popped 10 regs so far, 7 have been male :/

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

What I do.....

Pull the whole thing and transplant it outdoors, bees LOVE the pollen. (convenient if you live in a legal state)

I have a video in my profile section that has a male plant with about 30-50 bees on the thing.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Though not being a troll. Those bees were making ambrosia. (Not just food of the gods, THC / CBD honey is a real thing dating back ). It’s just clearly not strong as males have reduced levels of each.
I have a buddy who has a pipe dream of having an apiary with a field of male plants.

Totally a boutique product line for the most discerning of gourmets.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Though not being a troll. Those bees were making ambrosia. (Not just food of the gods, THC / CBD honey is a real thing dating back ). It’s just clearly not strong as males have reduced levels of each.
I have a buddy who has a pipe dream of having an apiary with a field of male plants.

Totally a boutique product line for the most discerning of gourmets.

I've been thinking about doing just this, but, just for myself, I'm not into production quantities. A couple hives up in my field... Each hive makes about 30-50lbs of wax. Couple 5 gallon bucket fulls of honey... when I only need a jar. LOL!
any of your neighbors complain about seeds in their outdoor bud?

What neighbors?

Closest neighbor I have is 1/2 mile away... and they don't grow weed and my field is filled with NY state wild flowers, so that they would only get pollen from male cannabis, wouldn't be the case.

Last edited:
2Water

2Water

I would honestly chop it, unless you see some special attribute you want to pass on. You can find males anywhere, i have a knack for it. Ive popped 10 regs so far, 7 have been male :/
Thanks, actually this was one of my favorite growers, smells great and might just be a good candidate to hit his sisters with. I'm growing Bodhi's Strawberry Fantasy, might be worth a shot

Top Bottom