Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
3rd week flowering starts today, first day of 12/12..
1st week 14/10
2nd week 13/11..
12/12 till finish..
I have thought of doing it that way, but was advised that it wouldn't matter. I'm still interested, though. Does that affect how they stretch?

Lately, I've been wondering if gradually increasing the light would decrease the amount of stretch. What do you think of that idea?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have thought of doing it that way, but was advised that it wouldn't matter. I'm still interested, though. Does that affect how they stretch?

Lately, I've been wondering if gradually increasing the light would decrease the amount of stretch. What do you think of that idea?
blue spectrum during first 2 weeks will have less stretch than if using a red spectrum light..
i lower my hours from 18/6 than when i hit 14/10 is when flowering starts, when i switched to 13/11 i took out metal halide than put in HPS..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

more light less stretch? no doubt that..
going from 18/6 to 12/12, creates enough stress to hermie some plants..
IMG 8739
IMG 8740

in southern ontario our outdoor flowering will start in august 9-14..
IMG 5858

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
more light less stretch? no doubt that..
going from 18/6 to 12/12, creates enough stress to hermie some plants..
Thanks for the information. This is interesting. I'll put it to use.

I haven't had a hermaphrodite (yet). I have wondered about the shock of abrupt changes. So, I try to change the light level gradually. I do the same for the humidity and temperature. I haven't tried a gradual schedule, but will the next time I flip to flower. That won't be soon.

I did try gradually increasing the light after I flipped a tent a few weeks ago. Every day, I increased the power slightly a few hours after the lights came on. I did it until I saw signs of light stress and then lowered the power to the previous day's setting. This is anecdotal, of course, but it seems there wasn't much stretch. The plant with the most stems stretched the least, while the plant with the fewest stems stretched the most, about three inches.

GroLex

GroLex

1. Clones at Day 35 (16/8)
2. New clones of previous clones in solo cups, cut two days ago

Trying to time out a perpetual grow with these but I've cut them early. I was planning to change the lights to 14/10 at the end of the week.

Sooo that would give the new clones about 9-10 weeks to root and veg, get topped etc...yikes.

Should I just flip now?

PXL 20230810 103954275MP
PXL 20230810 145451294MP
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
1. Clones at Day 35 (16/8)
2. New clones of previous clones in solo cups, cut two days ago

Trying to time out a perpetual grow with these but I've cut them early. I was planning to change the lights to 14/10 at the end of the week.

Sooo that would give the new clones about 9-10 weeks to root and veg, get topped etc...yikes.

Should I just flip now?
That should be ok, figure a week or so to root the clones, then transplant then we’re recovery time etc. I’m planning perpetual too between the tents, I plan to move one plant a month into the flower tent, should be able to put one in and pull one out every 30 days or so. My picture above shows my veg tent, the cement shoes clone in the back is about 30 days since root and transplant, the seedlings are about 30 days behind, I figure I’ll up pot the cement shoes to her flower mix let her veg about 2 weeks then move her over, by then the plants in the flower tent should be pushing mid week 4

So the plants below should finish just abou lt when the cement shoes will be around day 30 of flower, then I’ll do the same with the seedlings in the veg tent who should be up potted to their 5 gals and ready to move over. It took me a good 3 runs before I could really time out when I wanna do the transplants and I found 2 weeks before flip to be good, they should root and have vigor within 2 weeks and be ready to start flower still 6’x2’ of the tent available for more plants, really enjoying the 2x4 scrog setup

I feel neglectful I watered these girls yesterday and never even opened the tent before work today lol

IMG 7806
D03F278FB83C 1691718478
GroLex

GroLex

Sounds like you got it sorted out in your head. I transplanted into way too big a container. Just fed 1.0 EC/5.8 ph (1L each) into the 5 gallons and getting runoffs like 1.3-1.7 and pH above 6.1. So now I've got some work to do before I think about flowering now.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Sounds like you got it sorted out in your head. I transplanted into way too big a container. Just fed 1.0 EC/5.8 ph (1L each) into the 5 gallons and getting runoffs like 1.3-1.7 and pH above 6.1. So now I've got some work to do before I think about flowering now.
Somewhat haha, never know if it’s gunna work until you go for it, been wanting to do perpetual for awhile just finally have the equipment to give it a whirl, considering a homemade bubble bucket eventually but we’ll see few other ideas floating around my head, I just like to experiment 😁

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
That should be ok, figure a week or so to root the clones, then transplant then we’re recovery time etc. I’m planning perpetual too between the tents, I plan to move one plant a month into the flower tent, should be able to put one in and pull one out every 30 days or so. My picture above shows my veg tent, the cement shoes clone in the back is about 30 days since root and transplant, the seedlings are about 30 days behind, I figure I’ll up pot the cement shoes to her flower mix let her veg about 2 weeks then move her over, by then the plants in the flower tent should be pushing mid week 4

So the plants below should finish just abou lt when the cement shoes will be around day 30 of flower, then I’ll do the same with the seedlings in the veg tent who should be up potted to their 5 gals and ready to move over. It took me a good 3 runs before I could really time out when I wanna do the transplants and I found 2 weeks before flip to be good, they should root and have vigor within 2 weeks and be ready to start flower still 6’x2’ of the tent available for more plants, really enjoying the 2x4 scrog setup

I feel neglectful I watered these girls yesterday and never even opened the tent before work today lol
I've had my flower system (4 x 12) running perpetual for a couple years now. Of all the things I've learned, when it takes a dump it's a really big turd.

Seriously, you need an IPM. Bugs, pests, fungus etc. will be the downfall. I've had bud root and spider mites that I know of. Neither one shut me down but to come back from either takes some effort.

jj

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I've had my flower system (4 x 12) running perpetual for a couple years now. Of all the things I've learned, when it takes a dump it's a really big turd.

Seriously, you need an IPM. Bugs, pests, fungus etc. will be the downfall. I've had bud root and spider mites that I know of. Neither one shut me down but to come back from either takes some effort.

jj
Current program is plants get sprayed with captain jacks deadbug through all of veg, water has misquito bits in the water jugs that I water with. I up pot and don’t move from veg tent to flower tent for 2-3 weeks after transplant to be sure no bugs coming from the soil. Then I top with about 1/2” of perlite and cover with DE so it stays dry. In the flower I hit them with deadbug up until I see buds start then I usually let them roll to the finish,

Plan is to not introduce new soil etc to the veg tent in that “clean” period before I move the next plant over to the flower tent

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Good morning farmers!

Veg tent startin to get hoppin

Cement shoes is starting to bush out, Gary Payton x okie and cman x okie both rooting into their new 1 gals and starting to take off again, Frostette clone from the cloner has good new side growth and top growth so she got topped today gunna keep her bushed out a shade might be the last of her pheno, besides the 2 big girls over in the flower tent

IMG 7909
IMG 7910
IMG 7911
IMG 7912
IMG 7915
P

phill93

2 weeks since I transplanted these girls as clones, they have to fill up 4 tables so I'll probably veg for about 10 more days. Drybacks are still very slow, it still takes about 4 days for the medium to dry out. I'll start to use the drip lines as soon as the plants are spread out on the tables, I'm still hand watering for the moment

20230814 065946
Last edited:
Top Bottom