1st. Grow, Og Kush, Week 7 - A Little Guidance Please?

• Thread starter Budzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzy

Budzy

Greetings everyone,
'Tis my first grow and my girl is beginning week 7 today and would like some help from you guys to ensure i get the finish right.
This is where we are; Check out the photo's just now taken and i will give details below.

Olive   week 6jpg
Olive   week 6jpg

Olive trichs   weel 6jpg

She is growing in soil.
Using Advanced Nutrients 2-Part Sensi Bloom and amendments including Flawless Finish when its time (now?).
600w HPS w/190CFM exhausted cool tube with a lot of drag on it (carbon filter + a lot of ducting)
190CFM Forced air intake pulled through portaable a/c with lesser drag than exhaust, firing below canopy... i think i have plenty of circulation/exhaust.

Last feeding (Friday):
Aged tap water (036ppm./7.1pH.)

Base Nutes (AN pH Perfect stuff):
Sensi Bloom A & B @ 50% strength

Amendments (@ 50% strength):
B-52
Bud Factor X
Rhino Skin
Overdrive

*Adjusted Nute Mix to = 499ppm./6.3pH.
Runoff = 561ppm./6.1pH. (remember now, she is in soil).

Temps = 75F-80F lights on and around 67F-70F lights off.
Humidity = 45%-55% (maintaining this has been a bitch, cold & rainy on my planet lately).

My questions.... Now what? lol. seriously...
* should i stop feeding ferts now or continue at lower ppm since i have that Flawless Finish stuff? (there are 13 Days remaining of seedbanks 55 day estimate)
* what environmental changes should i make? i do not think i can get the temps any lower without humidity hitting 60% & above.
* help me determine when to "PULL THAT PEACH!" lol, i like that commercial.

Thanks guys, I know she will receive expert advice i trust here.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Everything is looking great, a little nutrient burn but looks good. You should of stopped feeding nutes 2 weeks before you were to harvest, keep giving them just straight water until you harvest but honestly if you only have 1 week left with her under the lights you might have already gone too far with nutrients. But it's ok there's always next time. I do straight water last 2 weeks of the grow.

Budzy

Budzy

ok man, based on the 55 day bloom estimate from the seed bank and my lousy math skills there should be 13 days left right? That was her last feeding then. I will do plain ph 6.3? water + 50%? strength flawless finish every other day (amendment, water, amendment) then maybe time for one last plain watering?

Where should temps and humidity be at this point and what changes are upcoming?

Half clear & half cloudy like that means buds are still growing right?

Budzy

Budzy

Thanks Limonene, that is just one plant though. She went through some pretty wild climate changes, power outages and one near death experience. Am super excited about getting her out, doing a few cabinet mods and getting her vegging sister in there!

*edit*
am high but lmao till i cried @ your avatar.

Last edited:
hermit186

hermit186

First grow
You want advice. Clean pipe buy papers and get next grow going.
If you need help with the pipe call will be glad to help.

Budzy

Budzy

Am still unsure about ideal temps & humidity. Am keeping it at 75F - 80F lights on and 65F - 70F lights off with humidity between 45% and 55%. You guys don't have any environmental tricks of the trade to get her to frost up and produce more resin glands? Seed bank 55 day finish estimate will be on 4/29

Regarding temps, I do have a bag of co2 in there but it may be that all of it is being exhausted, i have no way to measure that but if not mistaken her days of > 80F temps are over with, if so i can remove that and improve under canopy circulation a bit.

ken dog

ken dog

I'd say you have a potassium deficiency... It's sometimes mimics a nitrogen toxicity with the tip burn and all, but the yellow edges on the sides of the leaves is a dead giveaway early sign for a potassium deficiency... the yellow will turn to brown, and the yellow will radiate inward toward the center of the leaf, from the brown edges.

Limonene

Limonene

Am still unsure about ideal temps & humidity. Am keeping it at 75F - 80F lights on and 65F - 70F lights off with humidity between 45% and 55%. You guys don't have any environmental tricks of the trade to get her to frost up and produce more resin glands? Seed bank 55 day finish estimate will be on 4/29

Regarding temps, I do have a bag of co2 in there but it may be that all of it is being exhausted, i have no way to measure that but if not mistaken her days of > 80F temps are over with, if so i can remove that and improve under canopy circulation a bit.
I like to give my plants 24-48 hours darkness at the end of the cycle.

Budzy

Budzy

You may need to provide more details on the darkness. I do remember seeing something about that but was in early veg and paid it no mind then.

After wading through hours of conflicting information on proper environmental conditions I have made an educated guess and am running 75F-78F Days & around 73F nights and just unplugged the humidifier and is running around 40%-55% RH.

I understand i need a night-time temp drop yet i need to keep it above 70F to prevent mold and other crap and it sounds like 78F is the sweet spot temp-wise from what i have read.
Touched on Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) but do not want to experiment with that right now.

Regarding mold... Am scared to death of breaking into moldy buds. I probably shouldn't have, but last two days trimmed 2 handfuls of fan leaves in an attempt to improve airflow in canopy and uncovered a bunch of yellow bud-sites that have been buried in the canopy. that canopy is dense, looking from the underside upward, i cannot see the light penetrate it.
I am going to try and fit a fan in there when the lights come on firing below the canopy.

Today is her birthday, end of week 7 and have been working to bring ppm's down. I have given her one 50% strength dose of Flawless Finish, followed by a plain watering 2 days later. At lights on tomorrow will give her the other 50% dose of Flawless Finish and hopefully wash all that crap out in time.
Last Watering Metrics:
2 gals aged tap = 036ppm/6.4pH.
Runoff = 385ppm./6.3pH.

I will post photos just before lights out in the morning. according to the seed-bank the 55 day flower period ends 4/29.

Thanks for your help guys. This first one is mission critical. I need some on the shelf for myself. :D

Budzy

Budzy

I'd say you have a potassium deficiency... It's sometimes mimics a nitrogen toxicity with the tip burn and all, but the yellow edges on the sides of the leaves is a dead giveaway early sign for a potassium deficiency... the yellow will turn to brown, and the yellow will radiate inward toward the center of the leaf, from the brown edges.

I think that is light burn you are seeing. I had a 600w MH about 8" from her in veg and switched to HPS bulb when i went 12/12 and never raised the light. First experience with HID lighting and did not know but evidently that HPS bulb needs to be much higher.

If it is a deficiency, she is just gonna have to put on her big-girl panties and deal with it because it is too late now.

Budzy

Budzy

This is day 1 of week 8 and here are her birthday photos.
Please let me know what you guys think.

Week7 1

Week7 2

Week7 3

Week7 4

Week7 5

Week7 6

And here are the trichomes from the top and bottom of a bud...
Top:
Top Leaf   4 24 161

Top Leaf   4 24 162

And a couple shots of a bottom leaf:

Bottom Leaf   4 24 161

Bottom Leaf   4 24 162

Thanks again for the help guys.

Budzy

Budzy

I hope I am doing this right... bringin' down the ppm's. gradually like this or should i try to knock it on down to zero asap? I just flushed again:
2 gals. Aged Tap
Flawless Finish @ 50% strength

Fert Mix = 088ppm./6.4pH.
Runoff = 160ppm./6.5pH.

I have some distilled water I will begin using now. (my tap water is 036ppm.)

Flower period based on seed bank ends 4/29, am i on track?
The top part of those trich heads, that is what we are referring to as clear and the bottom half of the head is cloudy? Is that right? Trying to figure out what i am looking at here...

Budzy

Budzy

guess i will go find another site to join. just talkin' to myself and guessing here.

ken dog

ken dog

I don't think she's quite ready to finish yet... And I think a lot of it has to do with your low relative humidity.

That will essentially stunt the growth of your plants.

Wait until you at least see some red hairs showing... and right now, your trichomes are still clear.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Wow, great first go...
They look like they are starting to swell up, shouldnt be long now. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks would be my guess.

Top Bottom