2 tents 1 problem? 2 tent setup help

• Thread starter Ross4Twenty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

Good Morning growers ! Hope everyone is doing ok today

So basicallly I have got 2 plants which are at week 4 in veg in a 1.3x1.3x2m tent with a 400watt hps, I’ve recently purchased a 90x90x1.5 tent and a vipar spectra p600 led grow light, I’ve popped 6 more different strains to figure out which of the next two to choose , would the led light veg the 6 ready pick 2 to transplant into the flowering tent around
Harvest time? I’m trying to figure out how to have a 2 tent setup to save time and get more growing weeks into my year.

Does anyone have any experience with the viper spectra p600? Would it grow one plant from veg to bloom? Am I better off just vegging two in the smaller tent ?

I’m a bit of a rookie , 2nd grow in

Thanks for anyone that gives me any answers to my question! Much appreciated

2 tents 1 problem 2 tent setup help 2
2 tents 1 problem 2 tent setup help

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I use ViparSpectra lights, but not the P600. I use their XS2000 lights.

I looked at the specs for your light, and it looks like the light is best for a 60x60 tent. Its spectrum is good for both veg and flower. You probably would need a larger light or add more of the p600s for your tents.

By the way, it looks like the big plant in the top photo is getting too much light. Young plants need low light. The older the plant, the more light it will want/need.

Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

I use ViparSpectra lights, but not the P600. I use their XS2000 lights.

I looked at the specs for your light, and it looks like the light is best for a 60x60 tent. Its spectrum is good for both veg and flower. You probably would need a larger light or add more of the p600s for your tents.

By the way, it looks like the big plant in the top photo is getting too much light. Young plants need low light. The older the plant, the more light it will want/need.
Thanks for your reply! I’m thinking of adding another p600 into that tent but I’m only wanting to use it to get to around week 6 of veg , would another be adequate to add to the tent ? That bigger plant on the top photo was actually a gift and it was pale as f£&@* it is looking better but a little droopy and sad 😂 thanks for your advice

Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

I would do a veg tent. And a flowering tent. And just move plants over as they're ready. Maybe get a 3rd small clone tent.
Thanks for your reply ponky, if I was to get a small clone tent what size would be good enough? Space isn’t an issue

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Just set one up to veg for 4 weeks. flip to flower. When you flip to flower then in your other tent plant them.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Here man,
With two tents you can really start taking off with production. Having one tent to bloom and one tent on veg all the time is a boost.
I use 2 Viper p600 and a viper p1000 in my bloom tent, and a four bar t5 fluorescence lights in the veg tent. My bloom is 4x4 and veg 2x4.
if you really want to push it, build a 2x2x3 small chamber that you can put a purple or other small light inside, that way you will have clone, veg, and bloom areas allowing for perpetual garden action.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My only problem with having separate tents for veg and flower is timing. Flowering takes longer than vegging, so I think the flowering tent needs to be bigger than the veg tent. I tend to have plants ready for flowering before there's room for them in the flowering tent. My tents are small, though. I think it would be easier to do if I had a larger flowering tent. It would also help if I were better at planning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom