2nd Attempt at QWISO Extract

• Thread starter emanresu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
emanresu

emanresu

Taking it more seriously this time. Goal is for the first rinse batch to not turn black. Using activated carbon to help filter this time as well. I am running a first rinse and second rinse batch. You can see the difference in the color. The second is way darker. I will let evaporate again. I don't like the idea of cooking it off.
Containers

2nd attempt at qwiso extract 2

Batches

emanresu

emanresu

I'm about 10 hours after I started. Had a lot of trim, I had to make multiple small batches of both the first and second rinses. That's all finished finally. And this is what it is looking like now. Not a lot of difference, but the plant matter pulling in the second rinse batch is starting. The first rinse looks ok, I guess. Looks better than my first attempt, so that's an improvement. Got a few weed flakes in it somehow. Kind of disappointed about that. Hopefully it won't affect it too much.
A long time later

emanresu

emanresu

About 20 hours after starting the second rinse is pretty well done. First still has some evaporating to do. I'll wait until tomorrow to try it. I don't think it's going to be the color I was shooting for. 😞 I don't think first rinse will be black, but it's not what I wanted. Next time I use bud no trim and nothing that has been sifted for kief. That will probably help out a lot.
Even longer still

emanresu

emanresu

Well, it's close to the color I wanted. Not black but more of a dark brown. There is some plant matter still in it unfortunately. It tastes a heck of a lot better than the first time and I can only take about 4 hits and I'm done. So, a big improvement all around. Next time just using bud no trim and nothing that has been sifted for kief. Going to use the Orian I have growing, I think.
Finsihed product

Top Bottom