#4 Soil + Advanced Line

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Hey all, just about to be finishing up a grow using the Nectar #4 soil, along with the Full line-up of nutes (minus the pegasus potion and the calcium syrup).

Running 4 different phenos of Sage X Sour (from seed) as well as 4 Dawg Star (from seed), my Afgooey and Chemdog 91 from seed, and my Bluedream and Kabers from clone.

The #4 soil seems to have pretty good amounts of food in it, so at flip I started giving nutes at dilluted rates and worked my way up to full strength feedings by week 4 or so, then began tapering back down to the light (late flower) feeds.

For the most part I did the recommended Feed, Feed, Tea, Feed, Feed, Flush. To make things easy I used the Supreme Growers instant tea.

I noticed that with this line, even drastically different phenos stayed happy. The only exception is my Chemdog 91 seemed to be lacking Cal and K in mid flower, so I am looking into the Calcium Syrup and maybe slightly heavier teas for this strain.

Over the next few weeks myself and maybe a friend or two will be posting smoke reviews from this run, as I'm really excited to see how they taste!

*Anyone have any grow tips for the Chemdog 91?* Mine is from Cali. Connect seed, but I really think I found a pheno very close to mother. For example, Pbud's pictures even have the same weird yellowing that only this plant is doing on my room.

stanklungs

stanklungs

How do you like the calli connect gear? I like what I see but have heard bad reviews. I'm a chem fan and I think I saw he had a Chemdog #4 bx.
I used to have a legit cut but I lost it. Tasted and smelt of dank moth balls and was super frosty. One of my all time favorites.

Pauly Cicero

Pauly Cicero

Great post. For the 91 and other kushes we tend to back off a bit on the Athenas and I like to use posiedonzyme and bump it up to about 15 ml to help with the K. You can up the demeters to 15 ml to help with ca or up your herc as well an extra 15mls more than you ran. Watch for any curl. Good luck!!

john martin

john martin

I tried Cali Con. "Original Sour Diesel" as well as several friends also tried it... real melon og musk, but NOT sour diesel.

Tried thier Tahoe OG also... super strong, but not my thing.

My buddy ran theri Chemdog #4 and it impressed me big time, so I'm giving their Chemdog 91 a try. So far I think I have a nice pheno from them, but I'm looking forward to seeing how she smokes. So far the samples are very promising.

john martin

john martin

Thx for the info on the chem mate... will give that a whirl this next round.

john martin

john martin

The C91 is super duper frosty, most frosty than anything I have grown so far, but I'm about to run her side-by-side some gorilla glue #4, so whichever one is most dank will be my main keeper.

stanklungs

stanklungs

Cool yea I'm all about the chem family. D, #4, 91 and dawg are my favorites throw a nice skunk #1 cut in there and I'm a happy guy. If his gear is legit I'd love to give that boss hog a spin.

john martin

john martin

I did the Herc. Harvest / Aphro. Ext. flush for about 2 weeks (with slf100) and then ran mass water through and let go another week or two depending on strain.

Early samples were dirty burning, but had great flavor trying to come out.

The Kabers at final harvest could be cleaner, but is super tasty and burns nice.

Looking forward to the rest, as they should all be much more clean (bigger, more hungry plants on same feed as the kabers)

john martin

john martin

I did not get as clean of a burn as I would like, but overall got a decent yield and super frosty nugs.

Not bad for my first run with this line / soil, but I can see this line has major potential.

I will say though that my Kabers has a reallllly nice punch to it, and I think once I get the flushing down with this line it will be the best I have had with it. Even a bit dirty it tastes dank.

Pauly Cicero

Pauly Cicero

I did not get as clean of a burn as I would like, but overall got a decent yield and super frosty nugs.

Not bad for my first run with this line / soil, but I can see this line has major potential.

I will say though that my Kabers has a reallllly nice punch to it, and I think once I get the flushing down with this line it will be the best I have had with it. Even a bit dirty it tastes dank.
How did you flush at the end? We use AE and HH to flush for the last two weeks. Since the cell wall structure of the plants are built with high quality calcium rather than urea or other waste by product nutrients, the flush is almost nonexistent. This is the only line I have seen That will produce white ash from the flower when smoked. There are some tricks that can help. I have dialed this line in after about a year and i have gotten the best numbers and quality to date. Blessings.

john martin

john martin

I did HH flush (with AE) for a week, then water for two weeks.

Next round I'm just doing HH and AE for a week, then AE for last week.

john martin

john martin

Just an update:

First run I used too much Tritan Trawl and too much Aminas and also Too much Gaia.

Most recent run I started tapering these down and it really helped with my fade.

Got some pretty good smoke off last nectar run, really digging this line so far!

I do however seem to have to supplement with some mag and some K during mid and late flower!

I really think this line may be lacking mag and K.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I would run the full line including carbon. The only one I've never used is the foliar feather stuff.

Congratulations on your round.

Top Bottom