About drying with high RH

• Thread starter TheRealM00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

I can't get my RH under 65% and temp is around 19c, will this be ok? i have an oscilating fan in the bottom of the tent and an inline fan at the top

Grower1974

Grower1974

Depends on how dense they are whether or not they will try to mold up or not. I’ve dried at 65% many times, but it takes 2-3 extra days, and you need a tad more than average air circulation around them.

Stokes

Stokes

You can absolutely do it, but with higher rh you need to ensure proper air exchange. Im not saying fans directly on them, but i would hang some dental floss or some shit in areas of the tent to make sure air is moving and there are no dead zones

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Depends on how dense they are whether or not they will try to mold up or not. I’ve dried at 65% many times, but it takes 2-3 extra days, and you need a tad more than average air circulation around them.
I see, should I expect over 14 days to dry? Just on a bit of a tight schedule :/

Newty

Newty

Do you have an A/C with a "DRY" mode? (Built in dehumidifier)

I know it's a stupid question but years ago I bought an A/C, used, and it had 3 modes and 1 of the modes said "Dry" on it. I never thought anything of it an ran it as an A/C. After a few years of use and cleaning, I wanted to purchase a new filter. I looked up the manual to see if it had any part numbers, that's when I found out about "DRY" mode and thought about all the times I could of used it lol.
I never owned an A/C with a built in dehumidifier and, at that time, didn't even know they were a thing lol.

Grower1974

Grower1974

I know it's a stupid question but years ago I bought an A/C, used, and it had 3 modes and 1 of the modes said "Dry" on it. I never thought anything of it an ran it as an A/C. After a few years of use and cleaning, I wanted to purchase a new filter. I looked up the manual to see if it had any part numbers, that's when I found out about "DRY" mode and thought about all the times I could of used it lol.
I never owned an A/C with a built in dehumidifier and, at that time, didn't even know they were a thing lol.
They all dehumidify the air by the process of cooling. You can not cool the output without dehumidifying it. However, some units allow some of the heat transfer to be added in so it’s not cooling the air as much, but it’s still dehumidifying.

P

Putthataway

Ac itself removes moisture. Your house, your car all have a dryer that absorbs moisture and should be replaced anytime the system is opened up.

Newty

Newty

They all dehumidify the air by the process of cooling. You can not cool the output without dehumidifying it. However, some units allow some of the heat transfer to be added in so it’s not cooling the air as much, but it’s still dehumidifying.
Yes I know this, was just saying if he wasn't using his A/C and it has a dehumidifying mode, he could take advantage of the extra dehumidification.

I just bought a new A/C a few weeks ago that has a 90 quart dehumidifier built in. I just harvested and have high temps and high humidity, I'm running the old unit on A/C mode and the new I have in just dehumidifying mode, keeps everything right where I want it.
I've never actually owned a regular dehumidifier.
Ac itself removes moisture. Your house, your car all have a dryer that absorbs moisture and should be replaced anytime the system is opened up.
I work as a technician for a living, I repair and refill vehicle A/C systems all summer long. We just started getting warmer weather and the "My A/C isn't cold" calls are already coming in lol

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I can't get my RH under 65% and temp is around 19c, will this be ok? i have an oscilating fan in the bottom of the tent and an inline fan at the top
Get a legit dehumidifier, that will be a sketchy hunidity. I recommend a basement unit, seems like overkill but not really, very energy efficient because it doesn't work as hard but can drip the lung room to 35 easily. Make sure you have a way to control heat if necessary though they do put off heat. I got midea cube it's wifi and great

Newty

Newty

Get a legit dehumidifier, that will be a sketchy hunidity. I recommend a basement unit, seems like overkill but not really, very energy efficient because it doesn't work as hard but can drip the lung room to 35 easily. Make sure you have a way to control heat if necessary though they do put off heat. I got midea cube it's wifi and great
That's great advice, the cost between a basement unit and a room unit honestly isn't that much difference.

I recently started looking at whole home humidifiers because my winters are very dry, I've spent more buying multiple room units then I would of just buying a whole home humidifier. Plus you don't have to fill it with water manually or buy/make a fill system. Might still need to run 1 room unit for supplemental, I will see next winter.

Grower1974

Grower1974

That's great advice, the cost between a basement unit and a room unit honestly isn't that much difference.

I recently started looking at whole home humidifiers because my winters are very dry, I've spent more buying multiple room units then I would have just buying a whole home humidifier. Plus you don't have to fill it with water manually or buy/make a fill system. Might still need to run 1 room unit for supplemental, I will see next winter.
My solution to not having to run my humidifier in my lung room……..

Grow more plants LOL. It worked. Now my dehumidifer is set up and running the whole year. Sucks, because it cost way more to run 2 dehumidifiers than a simple wicking humidifier.

Top Bottom