Aloha Limone Colorado Seed Company

• Thread starter chitownglass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chitownglass

If they're growing slow topping them slows them down more. I'd let them grow without topping.

I find seed companies tell you a story about genetics which doesn't always match what the plant tells you. The "small" hints that maybe you have genetics you didn't expect
You are right about that. I think they are starting to pick up the pace now. It looks like they just weren't taking too well to the whole topping thing. They grew a good amount this past week. Im gonna go ahead and top the smaller girls next week.

Cheers!

20240419 081510
C

chitownglass

Topped smaller plants today. Im gonna be gone for a few days. Phd water and calmag should hold em all for 3 days. They look nice and healthy imo.

Cheers!

20240420 132242
C

chitownglass

Just got home and the ladies are looking lush. They have picked up the pace and are growing nicely. Did a light foliar ipm spray for pest prevention. Im gonna go ahead and tie down/lst all the branches to the side as well. Other than that just plain phd water today. They were transplanted and have been in the fresh FFOF for almost two weeks now. I think they should have enough food for another couple weeks. Im trying to time the top dress so it has time to start working before she shows extreme signs of hunger. Im thinking another 2-4 weeks of veg and then we will flip. If you all don't know, i had a small infestation of spider mites in my tent on my previous run. I was able to keep them from getting worse and save my crop thankfully. Im not seeing any signs of mites at this point. Fingers are crossed! I think thats pretty much everything. Ill update tomorrow after I do the lst and topping etc.

Cheers Yall!

20240423 113953
20240423 114006
Bilber

Bilber

They look great.....lots a times,.I don't like or comment on pages/threads.....it gets overwhelming with notifications.....some deal, some dont.....but they do look good....any questions, someone will be along to help.....

C

chitownglass

They look great.....lots a times,.I don't like or comment on pages/threads.....it gets overwhelming with notifications.....some deal, some dont.....but they do look good....any questions, someone will be along to help.....
Thanks!

C

chitownglass

So my lanlord stopped by today for the rent money. I invited him inside for a sec while I make a quick phone call. I forgot I had my weed out on the coffee table. He asks if he could check it out since it smells so heavenly in here. Says he smokes too. Sure go ahead. Damn this smells amazing he says, I know you didn't buy this at the dispo. Did you grow this yourself? Im like, uhm no. Im thinking why the fuck would he ask me this. Wtf? Hes like, I don't care if you do, I grow weed myself. I say yea I grow a few plants for personal use. Nothing crazy. He says cool. We took care of the rent issue, smoked a bowl, and I even gave him a little bit to take home as a parting gift. Well that was super chill! He says he'll call me so we can swap some beans,weed, clones possibly. Its always good to know a couple growmies around your area. Now I don't have to worry about any surprises or worries when doing an inspection. Sweet!

Anyhow. Plants are doing great btw. They have recovered from the lst and are praying again! I'll probably top them in a few days. Not sure tho. I don't want to run out of room if I do so. Well see.

Cheers Yall!

20240424 145518
20240424 145540
C

chitownglass

Plants are doing great, growing normally now and putting out a ton of new tops. Ill go ahead and top all the new growth in a few days. The only issue I am seeing is with thekttl3 ladies. Two of the four plants are showing some signs of nute burn. This was to be expected as they were started in the FFOF and that stuff has proven itself to be very hot! They should recover in a few days i think. Might be stunted for a little but I'm in no rush as the big girls still have a long flowering period ahead of them. This will be my last time using the FFOF as all I've had is nitrogen toxicity with this soil. Does anyone have any recommendations for another easy to use, pre amended soil that will work with the Gaia Green dry amendments and worn castings.
Cheers yall!

20240426 082649
20240426 082709
20240426 082714
20240426 082722
20240426 005650
C

chitownglass

Plants are doing fine, except for the bit of nitrogen toxicity and nute burn in two of the four smaller ladies. Other than that all is well imo. Im gonna wait another couple days for the tied down branches to establish proper tops/shoots and then I'll do a proper defoliation and topping sesh. Might even try out the scrog net this time around for a more even canopy. Im trying to milk this light for the little plants as long as possible before running into major overcrowding issues. They will be going into a separate veg space under their own light soon. By the time the Alohas are done, the little gals should be ready for flower. And so on, and so on, the process repeats.

Cheers yall!

20240428 100736
20240428 100749
C

chitownglass

Topped all the smaller plants and watered with phd water. Plants look great imo. Im gonna do some light defoliation and topping of the larger plants again soon. Im wondering if I should raise my light a bit to let them stretch out properly, or just keep it how it is. I was planning on raising it during flower obviously. Idk. I think I like the idea of keeping it lower. Less heat and less power usage. Once the canopy fills the tent ill have to raise it for uniformity anyhow.

Cheers!

20240429 170139
20240429 170201
C

chitownglass

I'm wondering if I should scrog these gals or not? I've never done it so I'm wondering if its worth it and how to approach it. Could I just let them go how they are? They already have a decent amount of tops it seems like. Should I just top them one more time and keep pulling down all the side branches? What are the benefits vs downsides of a scrog vs a regular topping and lst. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea. Plants are looking nice. Couple more days and the little ones will be put in a separate space. Other than that all is well id say.

Thanks!

20240430 141959
C

chitownglass

I'm wondering if I should scrog these gals or not? I've never done it so I'm wondering if its worth it and how to approach it. Could I just let them go how they are? They already have a decent amount of tops it seems like. Should I just top them one more time and keep pulling down all the side branches? What are the benefits vs downsides of a scrog vs a regular topping and lst. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea. Plants are looking nice. Couple more days and the little ones will be put in a separate space. Other than that all is well id say.

Thanks!
I

20240430 141959
Bilber

Bilber

Hey chi.......to answer your questions, in no particular order.....

Time....how long do you want to wait to flip to flower?

Space....plants do almost double or triple in size after the flip.....

Mobility......everytime in mid flower I say I'm going to run a screen of some sort.....I've yet to because of the fact that if they were netted or scrogged, I wouldn't be able to move them......that isn't my grow style.....

Shorter veg means faster turnaround, but yield would suffer.......there is more to this, but let's keep it simple......

Yes, you can now or you could train and veg longer.....

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Mobility......everytime in mid flower I say I'm going to run a screen of some sort.....I've yet to because of the fact that if they were netted or scrogged, I wouldn't be able to move them......that isn't my grow style.....

Shorter veg means faster turnaround, but yield would suffer.......there is more to this, but let's keep it simple......

It looks like a 4x4 tent with 8 or 9 plants in it. SCROG takes space unless these stay mini. I wouldn't try a net. 2 or 3 plants in that space to really scrog.

The plants are staying small. I haven't seen anything about the temp of the tent yet but a cold tent could cause this. The little oil based heaters like the one sitting in the top left are good and efficient if you need some heat.

DSC02143a

C

chitownglass

After thinking it through, I think I'm gonna pass on the scrog net. I think this would be better suited for a single plant grow or a few of the same cloned phenos. Its a lot easier to control three plants that have the same growth pattern. Im not sure what these are going to do in flower as I have never grown them before. I also don't like the idea of not being able to access the plants in the back of my tent when necessary. Being able to take them out is definately a plus. Especially when performing maintenance and cleaning. I can always use bamboo sticks or hemp string to hold up buds if necessary. Im going to continue tying down the branches and maybe topping the main shoots again. Id like to veg for another couple weeks max. At that point the plants should be exactly how I want them. They are really short and wide at this point. I don't even think they are a foot tall. Its been almost three weeks since I transplanted into 5 gallon pots with straight FFOF. I want to be able to use the Gaia green dry amendments and earthworm castings I have for flower. Im thinking the best way to go about it is to veg them until they start showing slight signs of hunger. Hit them with regular doses of the liquid General Organics I have for an instant feed. Level them off nicely for a few days and top dress with gaia 444 and 284 like a week before flipping to flower. I think this would be the best way to go about it and have more control of the nutrients. I hope I explained it properly. Its my first run with the Gaia.. I've been using liquids General Organics until now. I don't know how many weeks of food is in that FFOF since repotting. Its been damn hot. Thats why I dont want to fuck this up. What do yall think?

Thanks

20240501 092837
Bilber

Bilber

I know that soil will last about a month from what I know....someone who runs ff will help you with more valid information.....that and the gaja green.....lots of growers here using gaja green....

C

chitownglass

Moved the smaller plants into their own space so I could continue training the bigger ladies. Its gonna be a pain in the ass to contain these plants in this small space while the others flower. Im gonna be doing a lot of topping. One of the phenos looks completely different. They also stretched a bit too much for my liking. Not too bad tho considering their placement in my tent.

Cheers!

20240501 151248
20240501 151259
20240501 151408
C

chitownglass

Went ahead and tied the branches down some more. I think I'm pretty much done with training at this point. I like their structure and think they will fill in nicely during flower. Im gonna wait another week or so for them to recover and on to flower we go. Right now I'm running lights on during the day. However I think I'll switch it so lights are on at night. This will help with the heat as its starting to get hot where I live and I have no central ac. I have a window unit I can run when needed tho. I might put a small window unit in the room the tent is. That would be ideal. Will prolonging my lights on for one day so I can switch to night time have a negative effect on my crop? Im pretty sure going over in light hours won't have a negative effect tho. As long as I don't mess with the dark period I should be good. Right? Hit them with their regular IPM regimen and watered with straight phd aqua. Other than that all is well imo. Pictures are after training and the morning after.

Cheers Yall!

20240501 222352
20240501 222335
20240502 095837
Top Bottom