And the fun starts now.

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I'm excited for you lol! I love getting new grow equipment in the mail! Awesome!!! I can't wait to see it in action!

P

phillyguy

Do you have seeds already? If so what do you plan on growing first?
I have 4 auto seeds. They are all different strains so I need to buy more of each. Didn't figure on each ones growth rates and lighting adjustments for it.
I also have some photo seeds. They are not feminized. I would hate to grow 2 or 3 males and have nothing. Just looked at percentages and will probably go photo.

Newty

Newty

No experience with autos myself, are the requirements for each strain you have pretty drastically apart?
I want to and will try autos at some point. I always like the fact you could control the flowering on photos, you can veg a week longer if something happened and you needed to.
I can't remember, is this going to be your first grow? How many plants do you plan on growing in your tent? If you were thinking 3 or 4, you could just start with 2 plants so you don't have as many to focus on and still have seeds if something doesn't go quite right.

P

phillyguy

No experience with autos myself, are the requirements for each strain you have pretty drastically apart?
I want to and will try autos at some point. I always like the fact you could control the flowering on photos, you can veg a week longer if something happened and you needed to.
I can't remember, is this going to be your first grow? How many plants do you plan on growing in your tent? If you were thinking 3 or 4, you could just start with 2 plants so you don't have as many to focus on and still have seeds if something doesn't go quite right.
Grown 4 years outside.

M

Mattm651

How do you like the TS3000? Experimenting with one now and curious as to your results so far? Guessing you’re in veg already? What height and dimmer settings you using? I have been playing with mine over the last week to see how close and what dimmer to use, just started a new round and just moved to veg myself.

P

phillyguy

I have nothing to compare it to. My first light. My first tent grow I was to conservative with it. Running my photo seedlings 30" at 3 setting. Roughly 150 watts.

M

Mattm651

Gotcha. I’m no expert for sure, but I put my seedlings at 24” and 25% dim for the first couple days after germ. Usually in a dome but wanted to test the light. Once they had their first leaves, moved to 18” and 35% dim. As long as room is good seeing ridiculous results. These are 2 weeks from germ. Room is 78 degrees, about 68-70 humidity. Even had to give first shot of nutes. Now moved light to 22” and 45% yesterday.

IMG 6980
Newty

Newty

Gotcha. I’m no expert for sure, but I put my seedlings at 24” and 25% dim for the first couple days after germ. Usually in a dome but wanted to test the light. Once they had their first leaves, moved to 18” and 35% dim. As long as room is good seeing ridiculous results. These are 2 weeks from germ. Room is 78 degrees, about 68-70 humidity. Even had to give first shot of nutes. Now moved light to 22” and 45% yesterday.
There's an app you can get on a mobile device called Photone. It gives you ppfd readings of your light. It's not 100% accurate, I use it to to reference what my plants like.
Let's say my plants show light stress and the Photone app says my ppfd is 600 so I then adjust my lights so it reads 475 and my plants start responding well and no more light stress then I know next grow to have it around 475 ppfd for that stage of growth.
It's also nice if you're moving plants to other tents/rooms. If you had plants responding well and in a tent/room with lights at 500 ppfd and you had to move the plants to another tent/room, then you know to set your light to around 500 ppfd at the canopy in the new tent/room.

It also had a DLI setting among other settings.

What soil are you growing in? Seen you mentioned you had to give nutes already so was just curious.

They are at 2 weeks from the time they popped out of the soil? Are they photoperiods? Wish mine were growing that fast lol I hate the waiting period before growth takes off.

M

Mattm651

There's an app you can get on a mobile device called Photone. It gives you ppfd readings of your light. It's not 100% accurate, I use it to to reference what my plants like.
Let's say my plants show light stress and the Photone app says my ppfd is 600 so I then adjust my lights so it reads 475 and my plants start responding well and no more light stress then I know next grow to have it around 475 ppfd for that stage of growth.
It's also nice if you're moving plants to other tents/rooms. If you had plants responding well and in a tent/room with lights at 500 ppfd and you had to move the plants to another tent/room, then you know to set your light to around 500 ppfd at the canopy in the new tent/room.

It also had a DLI setting among other settings.

What soil are you growing in? Seen you mentioned you had to give nutes already so was just curious.

They are at 2 weeks from the time they popped out of the soil? Are they photoperiods? Wish mine were growing that fast lol I hate the waiting period before growth takes off.
Appreciate the info on the app! Downloaded last night, $7 bucks to get my LED light upgrade but no biggie. Great info.

They are photo, and yep. Had sprouts on 3/13. I start in peat pellets until I see the tap, then replant. Replanted on 3/16 and that’s where they are now. Slight adjustment to my previous as of course after I posted when I went in last night I could notice the slightest amount of light burn on a couple leafs, moved up 2” and adjust dimmer to 40%. Couldn’t work any other way!

Growing in a mix of happy frog, fox farm, with some peat moss and perlite mixed in. Def. Needed the nutes as I had some
Slight yellowing and it resolved right after. Was a quarter dose of what is recommended though.

Strains are 100 OG kush and Jean Guy (free) with my other purchase.

Newty

Newty

Appreciate the info on the app! Downloaded last night, $7 bucks to get my LED light upgrade but no biggie. Great info.

They are photo, and yep. Had sprouts on 3/13. I start in peat pellets until I see the tap, then replant. Replanted on 3/16 and that’s where they are now. Slight adjustment to my previous as of course after I posted when I went in last night I could notice the slightest amount of light burn on a couple leafs, moved up 2” and adjust dimmer to 40%. Couldn’t work any other way!

Growing in a mix of happy frog, fox farm, with some peat moss and perlite mixed in. Def. Needed the nutes as I had some
Slight yellowing and it resolved right after. Was a quarter dose of what is recommended though.

Strains are 100 OG kush and Jean Guy (free) with my other purchase.
I didn't know you had to pay for things with Photone, I have every option and I didn't pay for anything. I even checked my account history to make sure I wasn't charged and I never was. Maybe they did a promo or limited time deal or something, idk.
Sorry that you had to pay, I would of mentioned it if I knew.

What nutes are you using?

I like using Fox Farm soil as well. I use 100% Happy Frog and plant my seeds in solo cups once I have a tap root. When I transplant, I use a mix of 50% Happy Frog and 50% Ocean Forest. I usually don't need to use nutes for awhile, I think maybe the 50% Ocean Forest gives it more nutrients to carry the plants longer.

The 50/50 mix is a popular method and I just mentioned it in case you ever are interested in trying it and want to research it. I've used it with and without amendments with great results.

I'll definitely be watching for updates on your grow!

M

Mattm651

Oh man, no worries. Worth 7 bucks to see it as you are spot on the advice. Doesn’t need to be accurate per say, just consistent!

I use Fox Farm trio, grow big in this case. You?

Never used Ocean Forest as everytime I need soil it always impossible to get. That me procrastinating lol. Hear good things though. I’ll give it a shot in one of next rounds. Like to experiment to see what can get better. I’ll update shortly with hopefully good things!

M

Mattm651

I will say though I used to do solo cups, changed to peat pellets until roots everywhere and went straight to 1-1/2 qt and saw noticeable results in them taking off. Little more work in the pellets to begin with misting, etc. but definitely won’t go back. Only doing the one transplant after that then.

Top Bottom